Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: secret_smile85
Stats: 184/176/110
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2011/RS April 2012
Restarting the Program

Okay so I am restarting the program after having had baby number 5 eight months ago. I need to lose about 50 lbs total to get where I want to be. I have all of my information and know what I'm supposed to eat and how much, but my job that I have now is SUPER active. I teach swim lessons 4 to 6 hours 5 days a week. I'm worried that maybe I won't lose anything because my body may go into starvation instead of just ketosis mode to burn. Should I be worried? Do I need to adjust the amount of protein I'm taking in to more than 500 calories a day? If so by how much? What about the days that I don't swim? Thanks!!! I look forward to getting back into the groove. So far day one is going swimmingly (pardon the pun lol)
secret_smile85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
Start Date: May 11, 2012
As far as the amount of protein, you should probably talk to your clinic about that. I'm not sure if they tailor the first week to the individual, or if it's the same for everyone. It would make sense that they would raise it (at least after the first week anyway) to account for the extra exercise you do, but hey, they're the experts.
But as for the starvation mode, in my opinion, I think this diet proves that it's a myth. I've been under 900 calories a day for 6 months while doing the same amount of exercise, and I have steadily lost weight the entire time. If starvation mode were a reality, my body would have long since begun to hold on to the weight rather than continuing to lose. That's my opinion anyway. :-)
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: secret_smile85
Stats: 184/176/110
Start Date: May 2011/RS April 2012
I can't go back to my clinic right now. I can't afford it (if I could I SO would, that place was AMAZING). How much exercise do you do?
secret_smile85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
Start Date: May 11, 2012
I don't do a lot of exercise, and now that I'm close to my goal weight, it definitely shows. I'm pretty flabby. I go to a pilates class every Saturday and take the stairs at work every day. After being pretty much completely sedentary, I think that was just enough to get my metabolism going, but now I need to work on toning and building muscle.
If you aren't going to the center, then my opinion would be to start your protein and calories on the high side and adjust from there. I think it would be better to go high and lower gradually until you see results, rather than to take a chance of taking in too little protein. You can find info online to help you calculate how many calories you burn with your swim lessons, as well as what you burn just doing nothing. From what I understand, 500 calories of protein is the bare minimum of what you need if you weren't doing any exercise. So you'll want to add protein for all the calories you are burning as well.
I hope this makes sense, I'm no expert by any means. I should add this program is meant to be physician monitored, so be careful. You can still lose weight, albeit slower, by monitoring your calorie intake and reducing it by a smaller amount than is done so on this particular diet.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zilla789
Stats: 170/161/130
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 10/25/12
My clinic started me off at 550-650 protein calories in week one, then upped me to 600-800 in weeks 2 and beyond. I run around after toddlers all day, so I am pretty active, plus I walk my dog at least 2 miles every morning, plus the gym 3-4x per week, if that gives you any reference for where you might want to start yourself. I was consistently in moderate ketosis after 4 days and lost 8.5 lbs the first two weeks. Good luck!
zilla789 is offline   Reply With Quote