Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ccooper916
Ketosis????

For the past four days I have not been in Ketosis. I went to my follow up visit on Tuesday and my nutritionist suggested I go back to doing the 500 calorie protein schedule for three days and i should see a difference. Well it's day two and this morning i was still not in Ketosis. I have only in the past had a few times I was not in ketosis however, it was only for a day and then I was right back on Ketosis...but never consecutively like it is.....has anyone else ever had this problem?
ccooper916 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I don't do Medi, but I find this very curious. I am interested in why people who SHOULD be in ketosis aren't. Do you mind saying how old you are and how much you weigh? Do you take any medications such as drugs for diabetes?
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
How long have you been doing the program? From what I've read here, there are a lot of people who have trouble both achieving and maintaining ketosis. I've been doing this since May, and I stopped testing for ketosis a long time ago. I stay under 40 grams of carbs a day (and about 800-900 on calories), and I lose at a steady rate, so I'm not really worried about it.

But from what I remember, the recommended course of action if you go out of ketosis or stop losing would be to go back to the 500 calories, 10 carbs a day routine. And even then it can take a week or more to get back in ketosis. But that's just what I remember off the top of my head, so you should ask your clinic.

These things work differently for different people, so try not to despair. And if you're losing despite not showing to be in ketosis, I really wouldn't worry about it. If you aren't losing, follow the clinics advice - they haven't steered me wrong yet. :-)
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lynnea
Stats: 192/180/155 5'3"
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss Plan
Start Date: Aug 2014 Restart
I've been on the program 8 weeks (a restart) and am down 22 lbs. I go in and out of ketosis. I don't know why, but I quit worrying about it as it doesn't seem to affect my weight loss very much.
Lynnea is offline   Reply With Quote