Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anani81
First appointment today!

Hi! Just decided to introduce myself since this looks like a great support group!

My first appointment is today and I'm very excited but nervous. Not sure why, but I'm definitely looking forward to starting this program because I'm tired of feeling so heavy. My current weight is around 245 but I'd be happy to make it to 170. I tried losing weight on my own but it's been really difficult because I feel hungry all the time and crave a lot of food like an addict

Currently I take Lexapro 10mg so I don't if that is why I'm hungry all the time but I did gain weight after I started taking it. Hopefully they'll prescribe me the appetite suppressants and that will help me stick to the food plan!

Hope everyone is doing good!
anani81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caterpillarinn
Stats: 178/144/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2012
Welcome!

I tried on my own too for over 7 months and managed only 3 lbs. Heavy exercise, calorie counting, nothing worked. I've lost 25 lbs on Medi in just 2 months.

It's complicated but I find when I go to Medi, it doesn't always reflect a loss. My home scale is consistently going down. I was about to throw my home scale out the window, despite the fact that I was steadily losing on MY scale. Then, I went to Medi last week and they had me at a plateau with a 4lb gain in FAT! I was furious. My only consolation was that the "impedence" was way off. I finally have people saying that I look different, my clothes that didn't fit, do and are loose!

My point? Don't worry about the numbers. I think eventually for me everything will even out. I know people say not to weigh yourself daily but it keeps me honest.

I think, based on my last weigh in, that consuming one of my favorite electrolyte mixes before my appt, messes up the weigh in. So I would be careful there.

I wish you lots of encouragement. I had a birthday last week and made a Chocolate Protein Souffle (42 cal) instead of Carvel Cake. But, because of that change, I was able to happily enjoy a s'more at a campout(still off plan but less calories than that cake!). So, it is change and it can seem like sacrifice but I don't want to sacrifice the way I feel now to feel what I did before I started losing.

Best Wishes!
Caterpillarinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterpillarinn View Post
Welcome!

I tried on my own too for over 7 months and managed only 3 lbs. Heavy exercise, calorie counting, nothing worked. I've lost 25 lbs on Medi in just 2 months.

It's complicated but I find when I go to Medi, it doesn't always reflect a loss. My home scale is consistently going down. I was about to throw my home scale out the window, despite the fact that I was steadily losing on MY scale. Then, I went to Medi last week and they had me at a plateau with a 4lb gain in FAT! I was furious. My only consolation was that the "impedence" was way off. I finally have people saying that I look different, my clothes that didn't fit, do and are loose!

My point? Don't worry about the numbers. I think eventually for me everything will even out. I know people say not to weigh yourself daily but it keeps me honest.

I think, based on my last weigh in, that consuming one of my favorite electrolyte mixes before my appt, messes up the weigh in. So I would be careful there.

I wish you lots of encouragement. I had a birthday last week and made a Chocolate Protein Souffle (42 cal) instead of Carvel Cake. But, because of that change, I was able to happily enjoy a s'more at a campout(still off plan but less calories than that cake!). So, it is change and it can seem like sacrifice but I don't want to sacrifice the way I feel now to feel what I did before I started losing.

Best Wishes!
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I know it will be difficult but I'm so ready to get rid of this weight. I've been "yo yoing" between 160 and 240 since high school, going up and down a LOT. Lucky me I gain weight uniformly so I don't look that big but I do have some extra padding all over. I'm 5'5" and 31 yo so 245 it's starting to make feel achy.

Btw 25 pounds it's a great loss! Congrats!!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012

Before I joined medi I was up and down all the time too, I'd lose some and gain it back and it was such a slow process. Medi works and I continually see results so that in itself is motivating. You can do it! This board offers tons of great information & support. Good luck today at your appointment, I'm sure it'll be great!
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Come on over to our newbie thread! You will find lots of great information there and you surely can ask your "newbie" questions there as well! Welcome to the group!

Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1 - #2

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

I'll definitely stop by the newbies thread! Been reading different threads and saw that most of you are having great success so that's inspiring!

Thanks for been so welcoming
Old 10-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
good luck at your first visit! i remember sitting outside of the office here before i went inside and thinking i couldnt do it....well, i HAVE done it! Wt loss is slow for me. I will never be on their posters....but i have lost 30.5 lbs in 5 months. and NOTHING was working before medi.

lisa
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Thanks! I took half of my AS this morning at 7 and ate my breakfast and first snack already. They told me I could eat around 650 to 750 calories of protein but she say she'll be surprised if I ate more than 600 because of the AS. So far I'm aiming for 600 cals unless I feel like I'm hungry then I'll eat more if I have to.

Hope everybody is doing good!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caterpillarinn
Stats: 178/144/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2012
Yeah! Starting is half the battle-is that how it goes?

I don't mean to sound like Debby Downer but no one told me that I might feel like I had the flu the first week. And I was cranky! My kids were home and we just sat around reading books all day. I had no energy, appetite or not.

It gets 1,000,000 x easier after that first week. And the carb cravings go away. You just have to make it through that week. Take it easy, you'll make it through.

Caterpillarinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Been MIA lol and you are not a Debby Downer, the nutritionist did mention that I would feel dizzy, tired and probably get some headaches so she gave me some tips to avoid it or at least to try to feel better.

Today is my third day but it feels like it's been longer! Anyways I've been keeping my calories at around 600 and I'm not feeling any cravings or horrible hunger so I'm pretty sure the AS is working. I am a little crankier than usual but I'm not sure if it's the diet, the AS or PMS since it's around the corner.

Caterpillarinn were you taking an AS when you started? Just curious

Hope everyone is doing well!