Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Starting over (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/784309-starting-over.html)

marylw 09-29-2012 01:56 PM

Starting over

again. I began MediWeightloss in July of 2010. I've gained back forty of the 65 pounds I had lost, 20 of that in the past two months. So disgusted with myself :sad:

I'm back to my trainer, four times last week and twice this week and back to Medi this morning.

I did it before though and I'll do it again! Soon I hope to be :jumpjoy:

Caterpillarinn 10-01-2012 09:40 AM

What's past is past. Sounds like you have a good attitude to move forward.

Wishing you lots of encouragement!
:clap:

Rvarner10 10-22-2012 11:53 AM

Starting also again

I did it he first time and lst 90 lbs but decided to tr ww to lose rest of it. Uess what j gained 50 lbs bck no more, here to stay on MWL

barbwired 10-25-2012 11:30 AM

You can do this! It worked once and will work again. Good luck!

Perseverance2 10-25-2012 07:58 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how did you gain the weight back?

chocolatefan 11-25-2012 06:33 PM

Join the club!

I've been missing in action here for awhile. That's because I lost about 60 pounds and have probably gained back 35-40 of them (too scared to check!). But I came here tonight (after eating a slice of pecan pie) to get inspired and to start over. This program works. I loved it when I was on it and I loved how I felt when I had the weight off. I honestly don't feel like turning myself in to the clinic, but that's probably what is required. I think I will try to do a "first week" on my own and see if I can pull it off. If not, I'll be back in that office, weighing in. Good luck to you! I know you can do it and so can I!! Let's celebrate this new beginnging for the both of us!!!

slbpl61 11-28-2012 11:24 PM

I too, have gained about 25 of the 42 pounds lost on the program when I originally joined in 2010. I have tried to make it work on my own and have even restarted a few times back in 2011 all to no avail. We had some holiday pictures taken of our work staff and know pictures don't lie. That did it.....I had a come-to-Jesus with myself and prayed I could get into my center the Monday before Thanksgiving. If I couldn't, I feared even more of a downward spiral but restarting the program during Thanksgiving week was brave and oh so worth it because I feel amazing. I've been in ketosis for the last few days and I'm plugging along one day at a time. I believe Jerome Biggars is making an appearance at our clinic tomorrow evening and I hope to meet him since I'll be there getting my 2nd shot for the week. This program was the only one that worked for me and although the $ each week is hard to swallow, I just do what it takes and hope to get to the wellness/maintenance phase this time. Good luck to all and I have looked forward to returning to these boards for support.

betty_going_85 11-30-2012 06:26 PM

slbpl61-thanks for the laugh. That Come to Jesus really gave me a chuckle. I also restarted 11/10/2012 and did very well but unlike you I just couldn't resist all the thanksgiving treats and fell off the wagon. I lost 9.8 pounds the first week and gained all by 3 of those pounds back. I have my husbands birthday tomorrow and we are going to Atlantic City so I decided not to even play myself and pretend that I'm going to stay on the plan. I am most definitely getting back on track come Monday. Keep it up and you will soon be back to where you want to be.

Busymomof3 01-31-2013 01:21 PM

I just found this thread and I too just restarted this week after gaining back all I had lost :( I was wondering how all of you have been doing since restarting? Does anyone else find the second go around harder than the first? Im losing, down 12.4lbs first weigh in but even with the AS I was STARVING all week! To me I feel like they dont work as well as they did the first time

Dinp120 02-01-2013 04:07 AM

Hey Busymomof3! I restarted the program back in May and I've been really successful this time around. What AS are you taking, phentermine or phendimetrazine? My clinic has me on phendimetrazine and I find it work much better (my first time around I was on phentermine). Might be worth looking into switching if the one you are on isn't working as much as you want it to. Just a thought :)

katew1129 02-01-2013 10:58 AM

I am a restarter too! I did the program June 2009 - April 2010 and lost over 100 pounds. I maintained it for a while and then got pregnant (huge blessing and one of the main reasons I lost weight the first time) and have gained all of it back but 16 pounds. It was all due to being pregnant and some bad PPD after the baby was born and took me a while to admit that I needed to go back to the clinic (I tried countless times on my own to restart).

I actually find this go around easier than the last. I am down 20 pounds month 1. I guess I know what to expect. Getting the exercise in a bigger issue! I just cannot find the time with working full time, a 5 year old, a 1 one year and a husband who travels. I need to make this more of a priority.

A PP asked how the weight was gained back. I know this from last time that this way of eating has to be a lifestyle change...forever. Also, when goal is reached I do think it is important to continue going into the clinic so they can help you transition out of acute. It is so easy to just start eating all those carbs again when the weight is off. When I maintained one of the most important things for me was to continue to journal all my food. I do this online but it is so very helpful! For me I know this has to be the last time I do this. I also know we are done having children so that is somewhat reassuring knowing I can lose the weight and maintain it.

Hope everyone that is restarting has great success! This boards helped me a bunch the last time and I am sure will again!

ttpharmd 02-14-2013 02:51 PM

I'm so glad to know I am not alone. I lost 35 lbs my first go-around and have gained 25lbs of it back. That's depressing to see in type. :-(
The main reason I gained the weight back was because I stopped going to the clinic after I reached my goal (because I was sure I could do it on my own with no problem). I should have continued to weigh-in monthly to keep myself on track. The weight came back oh so slowly and before I knew it, I was 180lbs.
I shouldn't have waited this long to re-start, but the thought of going back to the clinic and them seeing me as a 'failure' was haunting me.
But...I realize that I am not the only one and it's great that I'm getting the help that I need to get healthy again.
Carbs are and have always been my addiction, my comfort and my friend. I need a lot of help staying away from them. (like a drug addict, really) So I am starting Medi again tomorrow.
These boards really helped me the last time, so I plan to be back on here a lot.

Laurie North 02-16-2013 08:15 AM

Add me to those who are restarting the program. While I "only" regained 8 of the 30 pounds I lost, I was about 14 pounds short of my goal when I ran out of steam last January.
My oldest son graduates college 3 months from Monday, so that is my goalpost. I would love to lose 22# and get to my original goal, or better yet 30# which the clinic doc assures me is reasonable and doable with focus.
I regained the weight by being careless, and by not making adjustments when I really went overboard (Thanksgiving carb coma anyone?)
I am a little nervous about this go around because I have largely maintained a low carb and exercise routine so I expect my results won't be as dramatic in the beginning, and that was very motivating to me.
Last time around I was not much of a poster. But since I drew so much inspiration here I will try to return the favor and post as I am able.

suchissteph 03-01-2013 06:25 AM

I'm back too. Just restarted on Tuesday after getting 5 lbs away from where I started the first time.
Even on the AS, I am hungry. Pushing through it though because I don't want to be 'the fat one' in pictures anymore. :)