Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caterpillarinn
Stats: 178/144/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2012
Weight Fluctuations

Anyone else have weight fluctuations of 2-4 lbs a week? I've been on program 8 weeks and lost (according to my scale) 24 lbs. I don't go to weigh in every week but every other. I weigh myself once a day. I do okay with this but I started to notice that on Thursday, I weigh +2 lbs and on Tuesday, I weigh -4lbs. When I go into the clinic, it's usually a loss. On Thursdays, though, I start to panic. (I did have a cookie last night at a picnic. But a 2lb cookie!)

My sodium intake is low. I do exercise 3-5 times a week for a minimum of 1 hour, strength 1-2 times a week.

I thought I was doing well but on my last visit, she took me off the AS and seemed annoyed I was losing despite coming in every other week. I guess I am expecting fanfare for the loss and instead I'm getting this look: .

Has anyone faced this or similar & how did you deal with it?
Caterpillarinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
Wow, that's odd. Have you thought of going to someone higher up at the clinic and discussing this? That's what I would do if I felt a technician was annoyed because I was losing. I had to skip last week because of money issues, and when I told them at my clinic, they didn't blink an eye. They canceled my appointment and scheduled the next one. And if I wasn't on the AS, I would definitely go every other week.

As far as the weigh fluctuations, I don't have a scales at home, so I only weigh weekly at the clinic. I've always heard you're not supposed to weigh more often than that because of the fluctuation you spoke of. I wouldn't worry as long as you're losing.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
I weight myself every morning, same time same place, its what I need to stay on track. I have fluctuation all the time. Sometimes I go up (after salty meals, or heavier meals) and sometimes I drop for no reason... I never find much rhyme or reason but as long as the ups and downs worked in favor of losses I didnt let it get to me.
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caterpillarinn
Stats: 178/144/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2012
Thank you both. What great losses you both have! I think I was just coming down with a case of the grumpies and let it get to me. My scale is stuck or I am still in denial that I was really as heavy as I was!

Minimama- I used to live in Central FL. Yesterday, my daughter was looking at my weather app & began lamenting that it was 87 there and felt like -20 here.
Enjoy the weather! I am enjoying Fall, except the cold rain.

I go to Medi tomorrow to weigh. Wish me luck but I'm not going to let the # get to me.
Caterpillarinn is offline   Reply With Quote