Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caterpillarinn
Stats: 178/144/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2012
New Food Suggestions

I am bored with the usual. I do shakes, cheese, yogurts, chicken & fish. We've mixed it up a little but I lack creativity (unless it's baking or chocolate)
I've even teetered on the Vegan line occasionally but haven't tried beans for confusion with the "carbs" in beans.

I've gone through the lists and the books at the clinic but need some help finding some new recipes.

I do get confused when it comes to adding carbs and that might be why I stick to plain protein dishes. I tried to ask at my clinic but still wasn't clear on where I need to stay in the acute phase and how to count the carbs.

Please post your favorite food recipe, old standbys, for any meal or snack.
I would love to try something new!
Caterpillarinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
What is it you're not understanding about the carbs? I'm allowed to have up to 40 carbs a day. From what I understand, 40 is usually the max to stay in ketosis (although it can vary for different people). If you're having trouble losing, they may reduce it.

The only thing to carbs is to subtract the fiber from it, because although it is a carb, you don't digest it. So if you have 50 grams carbs and 10 grams fiber for the day, your total is 40 grams carbs.

You can also subtract sugar alcohols (which come from certain artificial sweeteners), but you usually get a limit on those because for some people they can raise blood sugar and cause cravings.

For my meals I usually have a protein shake in the morning, a cheese stick for a snack, a lunch of either chicken or pork chops with 2 cups of acceptable vegetables (usually salad, broccoli, or green beans). I also include my healthy fat for the day (either 2 tsp olive oil or 1/2 small avocado). I have another snack, maybe cottage cheese or yogurt, and then for supper I usually eat egg beaters with ham, bacon, or turkey sausage, and/or low fat cheese.

I hope this helps!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caterpillarinn
Stats: 178/144/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2012
Forgive me...I was incredibly grumpy. I haven't slept well all week and little things are getting to me.

I've really never been explained the whole carb thing. I started Medi and a week later, my dad passed and I wasn't able to get to my visit because I had to travel out of town suddenly. When I returned, I asked about transitioning from the 1st week to 2nd week, and I was told to continue the first week (since I had to eat for 4 days at restaurants, all 3 meals). The next week, I was told just add the two cups of vegetables or 1V/1F & 1 fat. But no carb #. So, when I see a recipe that calls for anything out of the ordinary, I get confused, like beans. I wasn't explained anything about sugar alcohols and do not see it in my papers.

I guess I am tired of chicken and fish and I'm grumpy. Sorry to take my grumpiness to the forum. I guess I'm just confused in how to translate recipes?
Caterpillarinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
I didn't take it as grumpy. :-) There are lots of good Medi-approved recipes on this forum. Look at the top of the threads under Medi.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote