Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bahet
Stats: 280/208/149
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 05/03/12
A Little Kudos Please??

My clinic has had some staff changes. *sigh* Not for the better. There used to be 3 shot people/counselors we liked but 2 of them left so now we're down to just 1 and they won't let her do the counseling (even though she has doen it before).

My last appointment I had 2 brand new people. I was not only not very happy but dang near ready to say screw it and do this on my own and go to my regular doc for the prescription. I ate very well last week. I dropped 2 lbs. I walked 92,155 steps and climbed 179 flights of stairs. Most of the walking was on a stair stepper (which doesn't register the stairs, just the steps) but I also did the treadmill for 30 minutes at 3.3 mph and a 10% incline. I was pretty damn proud of myself. When I was at my appointment the new counselor asked what exercise I did. I started to tell her and she interrupted to say "No, what specific exercise?" I said mostly walking to which she replied "Just walking?" I felt like saying "Yea. Just walking on a stair stepper at an average of over 13,000 steps/day carrying the 100 lb extra load I have on me at all times. WTH did you do?" but I didn't.

Is it really expecting too much for someone to say "Wow, that's a lot of steps!" before they start suggesting I do more strength training? I started to tell her that I also do leg lifts, push ups, and have elastic bands I use while on the stepper but she interrupted me again.

I'll hope that it is better next week. Otherwise I'm just going to complain to the manager and then go it on my own. I realize that will be harder but when I got home yesterday I felt like crying and dang near hit the ice cream. It was the most de-motivating day I've had since I started going there. I'm not going to drive 70 miles round trip to pay $80 so I can feel like I didn't do good enough when I know I kicked butt.
Bahet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
It sounds like the counselor needs a crash course in listening. I would say if your losing weight consistantly then the plan is working! Keep up the good work and dont let their lack of communication skills control how you feel!! Keep kickin butt and moving forward!
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joselinda
Stats: 4'11" 140/120/110
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 07/04/2012
13k steps is awesome! I love my pedometer and would like to average 10k steps...right now just set a smaller goal of over 9k steps per day. Keep up the great work!
joselinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MathSci
Stats: 303.5/253.0/200
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: November 26, 2013
Bahet, so glad you posted! I go to the same clinic and I haven't been pleased with all the changes either, but thought maybe it was just me. I miss all the old people. They were so encouraging and positive. I've thought about doing this on my own because I certainly don't need to be spending all this money, but I've never been successful on my own before.
MathSci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012 - June 9, 2012; restart Jan 2013
Are the workers the same at the Midlothian clinic as the Glen Allen clinic? I'm not sure how much further that would be for yall, but I've had nothing but good experiences with the people I've seen.
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:07 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caterpillarinn
Stats: 178/144/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2012
That is a lot of steps!

I don't go to your clinic but I've had two visits where they've been down right cranky and rude. In fact, once they complained about all the appts they had! She even cut down my AS because I was skipping weeks. She berated me for everything I was doing last week. So I definitely empathize with you there. [I don't think it helped that I told her I found a protein shake that was better nutrition wise ]

I'm trying not to take it personally when they comment on my exercise or the fact that I miss weeks because of the $$. I usually do. For once, I think it just made me more determined. Plus, I hit a plateau. I just changed things up-it took a few days-and I hit a new number on the scale. I can't say it wasn't tough.

I will caution you in a nice way, I hope. You may want to vary your exercise so you don't get bored and give your muscles a chance to rest. I set a goal for a 1/2 marathon in 2013 so lots of walking/jogging but they do recommend switching up with crosstraining, like Pilates, Yoga, even just stretching. I was struggling for a bit, I actually stopped exercising one week and lost 3lbs. I think I was doing too much.

An injury will put you out of commission and back on a path to gaining (that's how I got here), so please, just be sure you rest those muscles.

Great job on your loss and your endurance.
Hang in there!
Caterpillarinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bahet
Stats: 280/208/149
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 05/03/12
I'm still going. Down 4.2 lbs last week and did 102,964 steps. That's over 14,000/day average. I've started requesting to see 2 people - 1 for the shots and one PA. The shot girl is one who's been there for a while and we just love her. She's always smiling and motivational.

I also changed shakes. Theirs are just too expensive. I don't buy their vitamins either. I wish the shake I use now was thicker. I did like that about theirs. Maybe I'll buy one of theirs and just do a half and half or something.

Thanks everyone. You are great! I STILL haven't gotten any compliments from people outside my family or the clinic even though I'm down over 60 lbs. I still have a way to go but even I see the difference. At least I have some kudos from the people I see at the clinic now. The Glen Allen location is technically only about 7 more miles but it's going through Richmond and I hate city traffic.
Bahet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Awesome!

Try adding SF, FF Jello pudding to your shakes. I think it helps to thicken them. I also found a "low carb" yogurt that I add occasionally & since my shake mix is only 80 cal, I don't mind adding another 60.

I finally got my first compliment today and it was only because she heard it through the grapevine.

Keep going. You look MAHVELOUS, dahling.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

I just read that xanthan gum also thickens shakes on a blog that had a recipe for French Toast Shake. Mmmm, sounds good.

Haven't tried it yet.