Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Alternatives to Water (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/782009-alternatives-water.html)

ChrissyG 08-29-2012 11:58 AM

Alternatives to Water

Since I started this past Saturday, I have drank 80 to 128 oz. of water everydays. Plus 32 oz. of PowerAde Zero for my electrolytes.

Today I had a packet of True Raspberry Natural Lemonade, no carbs, sweetened with Stevia, 5 cal. Is this a good alternative to water?

Last night I had 1 packet of sugar free Raspberry Lemonade Crystal light, no carbs, 5 cal. What about this?

I have also heard that artificial sweetners (not including "all natural Stevia") can cause weight gain. The clinic told me that Splenda and Stevia were ok to use in my yogurt or drinks as sweetner.

What does anyone know about this??

Jessica1129 08-29-2012 06:22 PM

My clinic says crystal light is fine but they told me "in moderation". They said 1-2 a day is fine, although I'm not sure why there's a limit. I also get 0 calorie flavored carbonated water at Wal-Mart. They have several flavors to choose from and they're really good. I think the brand is Clear American. My clinic had it in with the box of approved foods and drinks, but didn't say if there's a limit on those as well.

ChrissyG 08-29-2012 06:29 PM

They also said the same about Crystal light, although I am hesitant because of the artificial sweetener and my clinic said Splenda or Stevia was okay. The True Lemonade is good, I think I'll stick with that (one a day is what I've been doing). I also enjoy the flavored waters from Walmart, just looking for other options as well.

Jessica1129 08-29-2012 06:37 PM

I haven't tried the True Lemonade.. I have had the true orange though, which is pretty good. Its 0 cals and <1 carb. I really dislike plain water. I figured I would be used to it by now, but I still don't like it lol

MiniMomma 08-29-2012 06:41 PM

I enjoy the Mio products (and all the new generic versions), Hot Tea with stevia or Xylitol (use the xylitol sparingly), & Coffee :)

CrazyCatLady 08-30-2012 11:03 PM

You know, I thought I was drinking a lot of water, but I think I top out at about 80 oz, with it usually being more like 64. I looked up my paperwork after I saw how much you were drinking, and it says 64-128 oz a day, so I guess we're both good, but it looks like I have room for improvement. I can see why you're getting tired of water though! :-)

Oh, one suggestion, in the evening I drink camomile tea to relax (its taken the place of my nightly glass of wine), and I find it a good way to get that final cup or two of water in for the day.

ChrissyG 08-31-2012 07:09 AM

I went to my clinic yesterday for my first weigh-in and lost 5.4 pounds this week...so I'm feeling good! They also said that the True Lemonade was a great alternative for water.

CrazyCatLady 08-31-2012 11:02 AM

Awesome!!!

Bahet 08-31-2012 05:20 PM

Walmart has an electrolyte "Mio" as well (generic version) called Great Value Sport. It's not very flavorful though so I usually add in a squirt of blueberry lemonade.

veggies4health 09-03-2012 04:06 PM

I love my True, as it is all natural...I like the lemonade flavors, but also just the plain crystals. I also brew tea (easy and cheap!) and use stevia to sweeten.