Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
Excess skin - ugh!

I was just in the bathroom at work (sorry, TMI I know), and when I looked down at my thigh, it was all wrinkly! It was kind of the way I was sitting, but it really freaked me out. I guess its time to start exercising more than once a week (and maybe hit the weights).
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RH81
Stats: 185/167/130
WOE: low carb: medi weightloss clinic
Start Date: 7/5/12
I have a question for you. I'm not sure if this will make sense or what body type you have. But what if any exercises do you do for that area between waist and thighs. I'm not sure correct term (if its to large it hangs over private parts).. Or is it something that just goes away with time?
RH81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
I do pilates and yoga, which is a good workout for all over. The skin I saw doesn't really hang, I think I just freaked out for no real reason. If I squish my skin together, it looks wrinkly, and I don't recall that ever happening before. But then, I've never really had a reason to squish it together before either. :-) I'm sure my skin probably is a little loose from the quick weight loss, but from what I've read, it can take longer for the skin to catch up.

When it comes exercises for this problem, I've read that weights are the way to go. This is because it builds the muscles up under the skin, so it will fill it out better. Some people have to have surgery for excess skin, but they make you wait 6 months to a year after losing to give your skin a chance to catch up. BTW, I'm no expert, I'm just going from memory of what I've read on the subject.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote