Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   need thicker shake (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/780613-need-thicker-shake.html)

tm501 08-13-2012 02:52 AM

need thicker shake

I loved the thick vanilla shake from Medi. I would add strawberries to it and always had to put it in a covered glass because it had a funny smell (but good taste) It was nice and thick and filled me up. I got Promasil from GNC and it has a great taste but is so thin! Its more like drinking a flavored water than a shake. I tried playing with the ice/water ration and it doesn't thicken.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a thick meal replacement shake? Not a lot of calories or carbs that actually fills you up? I want to be able to add DaVinci's strawberry syrup to it also.

Thank you

suzanna1 08-13-2012 09:16 AM

I add about 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum to my shakes and it makes them very thick. Don't add too much or it gets a little slimy!

ewallac6 08-13-2012 09:31 AM

Thick Shake

I've seen some recipes where there is sugar-free / fat-free pudding mix added to thicken shakes. I can't tell you the amounts, but maybe you could experiment.

tm501 08-13-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzanna1 (Post 15869562)
I add about 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum to my shakes and it makes them very thick. Don't add too much or it gets a little slimy!

Where would I get that from?

ewallac6 08-13-2012 09:49 AM

I've seen it in grocery stores. Near the spices and/or cake mix desserts.

tm501 08-13-2012 09:51 AM

Thanks!

MiniMomma 08-15-2012 03:45 PM

I have been looking for a shake mix that is simular to the MWL one also. Pure Protein was ok (low carbs/sugar etc.) but still lacked flavor. I like them thick too :)

tm501 08-15-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniMomma (Post 15875829)
I have been looking for a shake mix that is simular to the MWL one also. Pure Protein was ok (low carbs/sugar etc.) but still lacked flavor. I like them thick too :)

If you find anything please let me know! I can't find the xantham gum at my local grocery store

Bahet 08-15-2012 09:32 PM

Any shake mix with xanthum gum (or any other "gum") in the ingredients will be thicker. I like to add shake mix to cold coffee. I make a pot of coffee at night then just leave it. In the morning I have a cup with the shake mix. A chocolate shake mix makes a nice mocha.

losing in Ftm 08-16-2012 08:16 AM

If you find anything please let me know! I can't find the xantham gum at my local grocery store

Check any of your health food stores. Got mine at our local Mother Earth, but seen them at lots of others too. Make sure you don't use too much though I only use about 1/8 tsp.

MiniMomma 08-19-2012 03:16 PM

its funny you mentioned adding it to coffee, the other morning i poured my cup of coffee and some was left in the pot.. the lightbulb came on.. coffee in my shake! it was only like 1/4 cup but it still made it yummy. I am still searching will let you know if I find anything, or gum :)

It'stime 08-19-2012 03:52 PM

raw protein powder. No taste on it's own and it's really healthy too.