Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Not in Ketosis?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/780068-not-ketosis.html)

klgm326 08-06-2012 04:33 AM

Not in Ketosis??

Hi,
I'm on day 4 of the program and have followed the rules to the letter. Today was my first Ketosis testing and NADA! What's happening? Has anyone else had that happen? I also don't feel any less "fluffy" in my clothes at all... Uhhh.. I have such a hard time losing, and this just worries me. First weigh in on Friday.
Thanks for your comments.

osumae 08-06-2012 05:53 AM

It took me a little longer to end up in ketosis, too. And it's really easy for me to fall out of ketosis throughout the week (but I've still lost over 30 pounds, so it will be okay!). Give it another day or two and then try again. Also, make sure you're drinking your fluids.

I'm on Week 15 and there is one thing I've learned on this crazy ride. There are guidelines, but all of our bodies are different. If you're still not in ketosis at weigh-in, as the nurse. But I'll be you just need another day or two.

ravenrose 08-06-2012 08:08 AM

apparently many people with resistant metabolisms take at least two weeks to get into ketosis. don't fret.

klgm326 08-06-2012 08:41 AM

Thanks, Guys! If any body is "resistant," it's mine...:lol:
I'll just keep drinking, going to the potty and eating my meat....
Have a great day!

klgm326 08-07-2012 04:13 AM

Good news!! Tried again this morning, and voila!!! PINK!! I ate less processed stuff yesterday and all animal protein (except for Greek yogurt in early am). I also had beef for dinner. My body likes beef, interestingly. Now let's see if the scales play along..,

Thanks, guys!

suzanna1 08-07-2012 06:15 AM

Yeah! That's great.

klgm326 08-07-2012 07:42 AM

Thanks, Suzanna!! :)

klgm326 08-10-2012 10:51 AM

Just an update -- although I have felt HORRIBLE since Wednesday (light headed, no energy, nauseated, you name it), I lost 7.8 pounds!!!! Ok, I guess I'm committed...:jumpjoy:

Thanks for your support. I guess I have been in ketosis after all. I truly enjoyed my salad at lunch today! Who knew we'd be dying for veggies, right?

Dinp120 08-10-2012 02:03 PM

In my first week I also felt really lethargic, dizzy, and nauseous starting around day 4. I asked about it the clinic and they said to drink the electrolytes first thing in the morning ( I was drinking it at night). Now on week 10, I haven't had any issues since I tried that.

Just a suggestion to try :)

takin.it.off 08-10-2012 02:12 PM

Hi there, congrats on the loss! I didnt kow Greek yogurt is allowed during induction.. awesome! I am on day 4 of induction.. I did not weigh myself on day on (silly me) but did yesteday and the day before and down 2 lbs in one day.. and FINALLY back to "onderland" :jumpjoy:

These electrolytes you were told to drink.. is that Gatorade or something??

Thanks!!

Dana
:heart:

klgm326 08-10-2012 02:45 PM

Congrats to both of you! And thanks for the suggestion on the electrolyte drinks. And yes--Powerade zero, vitamin water zero, etc. Just make sure they're the sugar free version. (yucky--sorry-not a good taste for me, either). I think I'll be ok with the added veggies or veggie/fruit. We'll see... Good luck everybody!

dashreeve 08-12-2012 03:15 PM

I've been out of Ketosis for the last 4 days or so?? Have not added / eliminated anything from my diet, but started showing 1.0 and then 0.5 the last two days. Weight is still coming off though.

klgm326 08-12-2012 03:22 PM

Apparently it's not a big deal that it show up on the test sticks. The nutritionist has me at 45 mg of daily carbs, and he says I should stay in ketosis with no problem. I've only seen pink once -on day 5, and I lost almost 8 pounds that week...

I guess the advice is-don't stress about it as long as you're eating right :)