Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
Lost 1 lb. fat, gained 1 lb. water!

This is the first weigh-in I've had that I haven't lost. In fact, for the past several weeks I've lost between 2-4.5 lbs a week. I knew I was due for a slow down (I seem to lose less one week, and more the next), but it was still disappointing. Its also the first time I've gained water. I know I slacked on my water this week, although with it being so hot I'm not sure why! I guess I'll just have to buckle down!

Last edited by CrazyCatLady; 08-04-2012 at 07:02 PM..
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
1 pound of fat is good! Like you said, more water and following the plan for the week will result in a nice loss at your next weigh-in.

I need to work on my water intake too. I haven't kept track at all this week.
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the pep talk! :-) Its so easy to let the little things affect you! Got to keep that big picture in mind. On Friday at work I got several comments on how slim I was getting. I was wearing the new size 16 jeans I bought in the Jr.'s section - they're those stretchy kind, I guess skinny jeans? It made me feel really good. Tomorrow it'll be back to my size 18 & 20's held up with a belt or safety pin. I really need to stop by a thrift store and look for some size 16's to hold me over for a while. I'm hoping to get down to 14 by the end of the summer.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NJOkee Dokee
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Restart 7/24/12
I had a similar experience...kind of confused actually.....I lost 9.2lbs last week at my first weight in. I was VERY pleased! This week I'm down only 1.2lbs but my water went up 2.4lbs! The thing is, I am drinking water like crazy and peeing my brains out! I've been careful about my sodium intake so this has me stumped. I am also working out almost daily and walking my dogs so I'm getting decent excercise. I don't know, this just seems to be very odd and quite disappointing! The good thing is my fat mass went from 99 lbs to 94.8 in one week, but like I said, it just doesnt make sense to me! Got no answers from the clinic other than it could be heat related. Feel so frustrated!

"Remember love makes all pain cease, love turns your song of life into your Masterpiece"
NJOkee Dokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Hmm, maybe it is the heat. Its the only thing I can think of that's any different. Maybe sweating it out means you need to consume even more in order to flush it out of your system.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NJOkee Dokee
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Restart 7/24/12
So today is my third weigh in and I'm down 2.2lbs for a total of 12.6. I find myself getting terribly frustrated again. Last week my water was up 2.4 lbs, this week it's down 3. Last week my fat went from 99 lbs to 94.8, this week its up to 96.4. It seems when the water goes up the fat goes down and when the water goes down the fat goes up! None of this makes any sense to me and for all the hard work I am putting into this I expected better than a 3lb weight loss in a 2 week period!

Today I purchased ketone sticks and I am only in a "trace" of ketosis. Another frustration. I am following this totally by the book and feel like my body is just not cooperating! If I drink anymore water I'm going to float out of my house! I barely go anywhere because I have to pee every 5 minutes. This is the kind of frustration that makes me want to eat!

Anyway- sorry to be such a downer, just needed to vent.Hopefully next week will be better.
NJOkee Dokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Are you sure you're not looking at the percentage of fat? Because I got confused about that very thing this week. I saw my fat% went up compared to last week and was like, huh? But then I realized I was looking at the percentage, and when you drop more water weight than fat, your fat percentage has to go up because its a balancing act.

As for the ketone sticks, there seems to be several reasons why you may not test very high. Off the top of my head, I know I've read that a lot of exercise can make you test lower, although I'm not sure why that is. I was just talking to someone else on here about having the same problem, and I told him my theory is if you drink a LOT of water, it probably dilutes the results. I don't know if this is a fact, but it just makes sense to me. Other people have said they lost without the strips showing they were in ketosis, so I don't think its a big issue. I would ask your clinic about it though.

Oh, and on my 4th and 5th weeks, I only lost 3lbs total, so this does happen. Then the next week I lost 4.5. Mine seems to jump around like that, but I'm averaging around 3lbs a week. So don't give up hope! And talk to your clinic. There may be something you're not thinking of. I've even gone in and spoke with the clinic physician a couple of times about some concerns I've had. Don't be afraid to speak up! And if the person you're dealing with doesn't have an answer, ask for a more senior employee. They want you to succeed, so they will try to help you figure out what the problem is (if there is one). :-)