Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NJOkee Dokee
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Restart 7/24/12
Starting Again, Again

Hi-

I am starting Medi for my 4th time. I had great success my first time in 2009, losing over 40lbs in 3 months, but I gained it all back and started again 2 more times, quitting after only a few weeks.

I am now at my highest weight ever! My daughter is getting married in 2 months and I have tried EVERYTHING and could not control my eating. I am desperate, I will NOT show up to her wedding looking like I do so I have come back to Medi to help take off some weight quickly.

Alot has changed since 2009 when I first started. I understand there is website now that offers help and recipes but my clinic did not mention it to me. I was a little disappointed because they basically weighed me, did the EKG and blood work, handed me my appetite suppressants and sent me on my way. They gave me a photocopy of the program that I can barely read and I have no idea where my original is, but to be honest, that was a poor photocopy too!

I really need a lot of support if I'm gonna make this work so I figured I'd come here for it.

This is my last hope or I will be a very unhappy mother of the bride!

Wish me luck!

"Remember love makes all pain cease, love turns your song of life into your Masterpiece"
NJOkee Dokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Honeybee737
Stats: (5'8") Restart 7/26/12 - 201.2/190.5/160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 10/11/10, 07/26/12

I am right there with you Okee! I've gained back the lost weight plus more...but I know we can do this! One day at a time, saying, "no thank you, I don't care for that." Take a photo of your mother-of-the-bride dress and put it on the fridge, cabinet door, etc. You are strong and you can do this!!
Honeybee737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
hi all i am going to be starting again also. contacting the clinic first thing in the morning. in 2012 i started at 223.4 and got all the way down to 162. alot has happened within that time from losing a loved one and getting into a car accident. i am with both of you on this.
bb0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Badgerlvr
I can so relate....starting again, and again.
Badgerlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twisted Suze
Stats: 5'3"_220/183.5/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 04 Nov 2011
bb0325, I'm sorry for your loss.

I started at 220 in Nov. last year and did great until I had some unwanted drama that caught me off guard in January.

Now I've gained 16 of the 37 lb. loss back. I'm not changing my weight over on the left side of my posts until I'm back down to that weight and get below it.

A whole week of only protein is a bit daunting, so I'll be adding one small salad of just greens and a few cherry tomatoes to prevent getting a no carbs headache.
Just getting enough water lowers that bloated feeling I was getting and discovering I'd gone back up to 200 was the final straw after messing around too long.

NJOkee Dokee, I can't believe the people at your clinic was like that !
That was just rude !
Did they tell you that MWL also has an APP ?...and facebook page ?

My experiences in especially the last 3 years have shown me that you really can't know the hell other people are going thru unless you have truly walked in their shoes....and the truth is Far stranger than fiction.
It used to be a more black and white issue for me and I thought a person is either serious about losiong weight, or they're not.
No, It's not that simple.
It is for some people but not for others especially with depression and anger being part of it.

Anyway, we can relate well having to start again.

Last edited by Twisted Suze; 08-27-2012 at 10:15 PM..
Twisted Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChrissyG
Stats: 165.0/158.8/130 5'2" 23 yrs old
WOE: Atkins/Raspberry Keytones & Garcinia Cambogia
Start Date: April 8, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJOkee Dokee View Post
Hi-

I am starting Medi for my 4th time. I had great success my first time in 2009, losing over 40lbs in 3 months, but I gained it all back and started again 2 more times, quitting after only a few weeks.

I am now at my highest weight ever! My daughter is getting married in 2 months and I have tried EVERYTHING and could not control my eating. I am desperate, I will NOT show up to her wedding looking like I do so I have come back to Medi to help take off some weight quickly.

Alot has changed since 2009 when I first started. I understand there is website now that offers help and recipes but my clinic did not mention it to me. I was a little disappointed because they basically weighed me, did the EKG and blood work, handed me my appetite suppressants and sent me on my way. They gave me a photocopy of the program that I can barely read and I have no idea where my original is, but to be honest, that was a poor photocopy too!

I really need a lot of support if I'm gonna make this work so I figured I'd come here for it.

This is my last hope or I will be a very unhappy mother of the bride!

Wish me luck!
Hello...I see you are from NW NJ, I am from Morris County...which clinic did you go to?

I just started this past week for the first time EVER...I'm excited for the result, and I know we can all do this!!

GOOD LUCK!
ChrissyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
I lost about 30 pounds in 4 months two years ago on Medi, but I became complacent and put the weight back on ..and then some Finally reached a point where I've become so disgusted with myself, that I've started back on Medi (but doing it on my own). I'm on day 4 and experiencing the "carb flu" so just trying to push through it. I have the paperwork that I can scan and email to you if that helps, just let me know! Nice to see that others are back on board with Medi..we know the plan definitely works, just have to stick with it and realize it's not a diet, but a way of life. I'm originally from NJ (Kenilworth and Stirling), nice to see other Jersey Girls on here!