Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rhad44
Stats: 168/161/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 7/9/2012
Help! Best friend's bacholerette party coming up

HI-
I am trying to "plan" in advance for a big party 2 weeks from now, for my best friend who is getting married.
I know they are going to lots of snacks there.
The problem is all the appetizers.
I know i stay in ketosis if I keep my carb intake under 40-50gms.

I looked this up and found that 12 Tostito chips have 19gms of carb.
Do you think if I had 10 chips (and no other carbs that day) I would be okay?
I realize there could be hidden carbs in lots of stuff that I think would be ok but I would still have about 20-30 gms to go before I fell out of ketosis.

Also, I was thinking of having 1 drink--rum (0 carbs) with diet coke.

I am thinking that if I go in with a defined plan, I will be okay. If I go in without a plan I am going to fail.

Help! Please let me know what you think of this plan.
rhad44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
I think that sounds good as long as you think you can stick to your plan. The problem with carbs (for me anyway) is once I start eating them, I crave more. I would suggest to go prepared with your own snacks if possible (maybe some beef jerky in your pocket?). Or maybe you could prepare something to bring? Deviled eggs, a meat and cheese tray, maybe celery and a ranch dip (made with fat free greek yogurt). I'm sure others would appreciate a healthy option as well. I think the most important thing though, is to track everything you consume. Write it down before you eat it and see how its going to effect your totals. That may keep you from indulging on a whim. And if anyone asks, just tell them you've started a diet and you're supposed to keep a food journal. I'm sure they'll understand.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate it!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
I would stay away from the tostitos, they are a slippery slope. Eat cheese and take turkey pepperoni. I like to make buffalo chicken dip and dip cucumbers or celery in it or stuffed mushrooms. Liquor and diet soda is a good drink for special occasions. Though you will probably stay in ketosis, it may affect your weight loss for the week. Good luck. Planning definitely helps with these type events but be aware of the day after too. I sometimes end up slipping up after because I am so proud that I stayed on plan.
ericak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks! I know what you mean about being very virtuous and then slipping up the day after! Been there done that many times.
I will bring some protein snacks- I love the turkey pepperoni but it has so much salt.I wish they would make some as a low salt version.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhad44 View Post
Thanks! I know what you mean about being very virtuous and then slipping up the day after! Been there done that many times.
I will bring some protein snacks- I love the turkey pepperoni but it has so much salt.I wish they would make some as a low salt version.
Me too! Same with beef jerky, lunch meat, ham, and canadian bacon. I've been trying to cut down on my salt in the food I prepare, so its that much more obvious to me when I eat prepared meat. The only solution I can come up with is to eat it in moderation. But its just so darned convenient!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twisted Suze
Stats: 5'3"_224/219.2/150
WOE: Atkins - Induction 2014
Start Date: 31 July 2014
Haven't been here in awhile.

I may be too late with this suggestion, but if the party's this weekend, weigh-in tomorrow....then you get a few days for that to get burned off or corrected..and you'll still have time to maybe lose a little weight anyway.

If I have a special event coming up, it's easier to weigh-in the day before the event and have 5 1/2 or 6 days to correct things..
Twisted Suze is offline   Reply With Quote