Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WillWork4Shoes
Stats: 152.5/132.4/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 07/10/2012
Discouraged after reading the last entry of this blog...

I was so excited to find this blog by a girl who documented her experience with Medi, but then I stumbled across the last entry entitled Update and Admission and it was really discouraging to me. Now I am worried about what will happen if I do lose the weight I want to lose, and whether I'll be able to keep it off long-term.

On another note, my nutritionist told me I should expect to be in ketosis by this Friday, but I tested today and I am already pretty much there (on the border of Small and Moderate) according to the test strips. Are we supposed to test everyday? I didn't test until today because she said something about it happening tomorrow (Friday).

I have been making myself nice home-cooked meals such as fish and tonight I'm making porkchops (from one of the recipes from the website). I actually found that I don't necessarily need to take the appetite suppressants throughout the day. If this is the case, do you think I should not take them? Or is it ineffective if you don't take them regularly? I plan to talk to my P.A. about it when I go in next week, but wanted to know what others thought about it. I was prescribed Phendimetrazine 35 mg to take 2 or 3x per day before meals.

If anybody has gone through Medi, reached their goals, and kept the weight off long-term, please let me know. I could really use the encouragement after reading that girl's blog entry and all the comments she left.

-Dorothy
WillWork4Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
Don't be discouraged! Not every plan is right for every person. From reading the blog that you posted it sounds like that individual didn't finish the medi plan and never went into the maintenance phase, so it's not surprising that the weight came back. My clinic weans us off of the AS when we reach a certain weight and gives guidelines an support once you reach your goal.

The program can be tough at times and it is expensive, so if this is the lifestyle you are choosing, then you have to be committed. For me, changing my lifestyle and losing the weight far outweighed the food I wasn't going to be eating anymore and the cost each week. I started medi 8 weeks ago and an down 27lbs so far.

If you feel that you don't need to take the AS, you can always cut them out or cut out how many you are taking. I'm taking phentermine so I can only speak about that...but I know that if I don't take it one day and take it the next it is definitely still effective. I'm sure that the AS you are taking is very similar.

The reason I went to medi is because of people I know that have kept the weight off for a few years. The program works and the weight stays off, but only if you continue with this way of eating and keep up your exercise. If you go back to eating the foods that made you put on weight in the first place, then you will more than likely put the weight back on. As long as you go into it knowing that this is a lifestyle change and not a temporary way to eat then you will be successful.

Best of luck on your weightloss journey
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement! I did actually get a call from the P.A. today who said my blood analysis was normal but there were a few things slightly off, including my thyroid level. I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't had that done, so it's something I'm going to check out with my primary care doctor next week. It might be nothing, but we'll see.

I definitely think it will be a good thing to have a healthy lifestyle and have healthy eating habits for the rest of my life. I would, however, be incredibly disappointed if I couldn't have McDonald's or cheese fries every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinp120 View Post
Don't be discouraged! Not every plan is right for every person. From reading the blog that you posted it sounds like that individual didn't finish the medi plan and never went into the maintenance phase, so it's not surprising that the weight came back. My clinic weans us off of the AS when we reach a certain weight and gives guidelines an support once you reach your goal.

The program can be tough at times and it is expensive, so if this is the lifestyle you are choosing, then you have to be committed. For me, changing my lifestyle and losing the weight far outweighed the food I wasn't going to be eating anymore and the cost each week. I started medi 8 weeks ago and an down 27lbs so far.

If you feel that you don't need to take the AS, you can always cut them out or cut out how many you are taking. I'm taking phentermine so I can only speak about that...but I know that if I don't take it one day and take it the next it is definitely still effective. I'm sure that the AS you are taking is very similar.

The reason I went to medi is because of people I know that have kept the weight off for a few years. The program works and the weight stays off, but only if you continue with this way of eating and keep up your exercise. If you go back to eating the foods that made you put on weight in the first place, then you will more than likely put the weight back on. As long as you go into it knowing that this is a lifestyle change and not a temporary way to eat then you will be successful.

Best of luck on your weightloss journey
Old 07-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I simply had to respond to that blog. I am in PHX AZ as well and my clinic has been supportive and encouraging and compassionate from day one (Dec 2008) to goal (Sept 2009) and beyond. I think, JMHO. that the writer did not complete the program and therefore did not learn the skills needed to maintain (which, by the way, is the hardest part). I cannot speak for her, but I can speak for myself. I lost 112 pounds with MWL, with an amazing staff at a remarkable MWL clinic. When I had a setback due to ACL surgery, they were again welcoming and compassionate. And back to goal I have journeyed. And here I am...back to goal weight. This program works for me!

Jo
Old 07-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/184/167
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/1/2011- renewed efforts 8/1/2014
I don't do medi but I read this and it reminded me of myself...
I used phenteramine to lose weight at first. And when I googled about going off of it, I read so many things about people going off of it and gaining the weight right back. And it scared me and discouraged me.
After freaking out for a few days, I decided I needed to learn from what I read. All of these post I read, the people stopped their pills and went right back to their old lifestyles. I knew I could not do that.
So, I stopped the pills and focused on journaling my food and my weight. I knew that would keep me focused. And when I gained 5 lbs back, I knew it and I knew I had to get on top of it. And I did.

So, let yourself learn from this blogpost. Know that when you stop your drops, you have to keep vigilant. Don't let it scare you, just let it prepare you for the road ahead. And you will do fine!
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
I am fairly slow at weight loss of any kind and I have had nothing but support from my clinic, but cannot speak for maintenance since I am not quite there yet... If you look at any plan as a DIET you will fail... you have to live your choices everyday, if the blogger did well with WW than maybe Medi wasnt the right plan for her in the first place... I am still on the AS but there are days I totally forget to take it...
You have to find what works for you, make your own decisions
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for all the support/encouragement. I go in for my 2nd week weigh in onTuesday, the 17th. I've done really well this week; haven't cheated at all, and have stuck to the diet. I was in ketosis one day before planned, just have to remember to stay hydrated so I don't get too high.

For anybody who has had success with Medi and maintenance...I will one day get to eat a treat here and then again, right? Like on the rare occasion...in moderation? Man do I miss some things!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
keep the concept to the "rare occasion" and start looking through the LC treat section. There are some really great treats that are safe (caution to the bingers like myself lol)
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote