Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member
 
rudyrooster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 15
Gallery: rudyrooster13
WOE: MWL
Start Date: June 12, 2012
Gained ..... week 4

I went in for my week 4 weigh in and was UP half a pound. I know it is not much but a GAIN after only 4 weeks...sigh.

They looked at my journal and said "why are you eating black beans? You can't have those?" I said well they are under vegan protein options and I wanted a little variety. Said I could not have beans too many carbs. Then she said "well you had red meat on Monday?" yes. "Well you shouldn't eat red meat 48 hours before a weigh in." Well this information would have been helpful to know from the onset... Oh well here is to a loss next week seeing that no beans will be eaten or red meat.

Jennifer
down 14 pounds
rudyrooster13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
scottieMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 195
Gallery: scottieMike
Stats: 265/228/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2011
I doubt if the red meat before the weight in matters.

Yes, beans are too high a carb food item -- until later in Atkins.

Many people need to be in the 20 net grams of carbs per day to lose.

As to weight gain, many people go up and down while following their diet closely. What you have to worry about is what has changed. Carbs creap back into the diet rather easily. You need to be vigilant until you are at or near your maintenance levels.
scottieMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 231
Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
beans have carbs, fiber too but... still they are there. If you are not vegan I would avoid beans for a bit and get your carbs from veggies. I have never had my clinic mention red meat as an issue, an old clinic i used to visit (different program) wanted limited red meats because it takes longer to digest thus makes you weigh more or something similar to what you are saying. Out of my 26 weeks I have gone up 3x... was it water? are you currently in ketosis?
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 12
Gallery: travelingras
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: June 26 2012
Hello it is my 2nd week and I gained 1.5lbs and I am trying not to get upset, but I am. Because I thought I didn't cheat but I guess I was not supposed to have Pineapples, I seen fruit and just got some, the only way I can get the cottage cheese down is to put fruit in it. Also, I am having a hard time getting 800 calories in because I am not hungry but I know I have to eat for it to come off. I also workout 4 days a week, this is where I really need the help which is why I am on this plan. I can normally get 7-8lbs off with no problem but then it is very hard to go beyond that.

So, starting my 3rd week I am determined to eat more and I put the pineapples in the freezer. I have always in the past limited my intake of any type of milk products because I am lactose intolerant with certain milk products so I have acquired a taste for almond milk. But now since I can have it I tried eating 1-2 sticks of cheese a day to get my protein in, and she told me to cut back because my fat was up. I think I should cut out all milk products, because my body does not digest them well.

Anyway, any suggestions on how I can get all of my 800 calories in without milk products, and any other advice will be welcomed since I want this plan to work for me.
travelingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 51
Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
I had trouble getting my calories in at first but it's much easier now. I am on week 8 and have lost 27 lbs so far. I still do not eat any fruit, even though I am allowed to. To get more calories in try adding in things like protein bars or shakes. If you want to eat cottage cheese I have found adding cinnamon roasted almonds is really delicious, or add a teaspoon of cinnamon and a packet of trivia. Try to limit fats (cheeses, nuts, etc) to just 1 a day. Once you figure out what works for your body, stick with it! You will get there
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
CrazyCatLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 259
Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
Cottage cheese is good with sugar free jello (unprepared) sprinkled on it too. Nom nom nom!

I have lost 29.4 lbs and I'm on week 8 as well. I drink at least 2 Eas Advant Edge Carb Control shakes a day to keep my protein up. They're about 100 calories, 3 carbs and 17 grams of protein. And I usually eat egg beaters everyday as well - a 3/4 cup has 90 calories, 3 carbs, and 18 grams of protein. I've also recently discovered Kroger's Carb Control yogurt - 60 calories, 4 Carbs, 8 grams of protein. Canadian bacon is also a good low calorie, low fat food (I eat it in omelets). Hope this helps!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Jessica1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 228
Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyrooster13 View Post
I went in for my week 4 weigh in and was UP half a pound. I know it is not much but a GAIN after only 4 weeks...sigh.

They looked at my journal and said "why are you eating black beans? You can't have those?" I said well they are under vegan protein options and I wanted a little variety. Said I could not have beans too many carbs. Then she said "well you had red meat on Monday?" yes. "Well you shouldn't eat red meat 48 hours before a weigh in." Well this information would have been helpful to know from the onset... Oh well here is to a loss next week seeing that no beans will be eaten or red meat.

Jennifer
down 14 pounds

They told me the same thing about the red meat. They said if its eaten within 48 hours of a weigh in, that its probably not digested when you weigh in and it will show up as fat on the tanita slip. They didn't tell me either until I had red meat the day before a weigh in. They also told me red meat is ok, just no more than 2-3 times per week, and at least 48hrs before a weigh in. Did you look at your tanita slip and see if maybe you lost fat but just went up in water? I'm sure you'll do great next week.
__________________
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member
 
rudyrooster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 15
Gallery: rudyrooster13
WOE: MWL
Start Date: June 12, 2012
Thanks for the replies. As I always say once you know better you do better. This week will be a good one.

I did only have the 1/2 cup of beans per day as noted in the journal but I thought since they were a protein source for Vegans it was ok but now I understand the issue with the carbs. I think they asked about the red meat b/c my fat was up 1.5 pounds but my water weight was down and she said eating the red meat so close to weigh in can do that.

Travelingras - would love to chat more. I am in the same boat trying to get to the top range of my 800-850 protein calories. Hard to get them all in. I am doing hour cardio classes six days a week and weight lifting 3-4 times a week. I feel great and am losing the inches as well as the weight. Just need to find some different ways to get the protein in.

Jennifer
rudyrooster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 12
Gallery: travelingras
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: June 26 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinp120 View Post
I had trouble getting my calories in at first but it's much easier now. I am on week 8 and have lost 27 lbs so far. I still do not eat any fruit, even though I am allowed to. To get more calories in try adding in things like protein bars or shakes. If you want to eat cottage cheese I have found adding cinnamon roasted almonds is really delicious, or add a teaspoon of cinnamon and a packet of trivia. Try to limit fats (cheeses, nuts, etc) to just 1 a day. Once you figure out what works for your body, stick with it! You will get there

Thank you very much for your reply, I think I will limit my fruit, nuts and of course eliminate milk products. I know my body does better when I don't consume milk products. I just need to do what I know works for my body, regardless of what the plan says I can have. I was so used to not eating certain products, that when I seen they were allowed on this plan I just went for it. But now I know if I want to loose I shouldn't eat them right now.

I would like to loose at least 20lbs by week 5 or 6. I know when I was on another program that was not medically supervised I lost without eating milk produts, processed meats or salt, so I was suprised when these items were included in the plan. I am going to get it together, thanks for your input.
travelingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 12
Gallery: travelingras
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: June 26 2012
[QUOTE=CrazyCatLady;15794211]Cottage cheese is good with sugar free jello (unprepared) sprinkled on it too. Nom nom nom!

I have lost 29.4 lbs and I'm on week 8 as well. I drink at least 2 Eas Advant Edge Carb Control shakes a day to keep my protein up. They're about 100 calories, 3 carbs and 17 grams of protein. And I usually eat egg beaters everyday as well - a 3/4 cup has 90 calories, 3 carbs, and 18 grams of protein. I've also recently discovered Kroger's Carb Control yogurt - 60 calories, 4 Carbs, 8 grams of protein. Canadian bacon is also a good low calorie, low fat food (I eat it in omelets). Hope this helps![/QUOTE

Thanks, I am going to try your suggestions, I already do the egg white omelets, so I like those and i have not tried the free jello in things like the (shakes, CC), but I am willing to try new things.

I hope to have lost what you have in a couple weeks.
travelingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 12
Gallery: travelingras
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: June 26 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyrooster13 View Post
Thanks for the replies. As I always say once you know better you do better. This week will be a good one.

Travelingras - would love to chat more. I am in the same boat trying to get to the top range of my 800-850 protein calories. Hard to get them all in. I am doing hour cardio classes six days a week and weight lifting 3-4 times a week. I feel great and am losing the inches as well as the weight. Just need to find some different ways to get the protein in.

Jennifer
Today I am close to my 800-850 protein calories, dinner will get me there with baked fish and shake later. I was hungry today which was different, I take the Slim natural (AS), and I didn't take it today so I am sure that is why? I am going to stay with it, and stay on plan to get to my goal. I am doing this program in hopes to get assistance on what it is I am eating/not eating that is not making my body hold onto this weight, because I eat pretty clean.

Good luck in your journey, and we can keep each other encouraged.
travelingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 116
Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
travelingras- hang in there. This program does work. Try not to get to hung up on tiny week to week changes. Look at the over all picture and most importantly inches. Week 3-4 of any diet always involves a scale pause for me. Keep you eye on the prize. Are you in ketosis? I find that things like nuts and cheeses are a slippery slope for me. I can only have one serving of cheese a day. If I have more, I tend to lose less. I do have almond milk every am in my coffee. I too am a big fan of protein shakes. I have a Pure Protein (120 cal) every day on my way home from work. Keeps me from shoving anything and everything in my face when I get home. Hang in there!
ericak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 12
Gallery: travelingras
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: June 26 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
travelingras- hang in there. This program does work. Try not to get to hung up on tiny week to week changes. Look at the over all picture and most importantly inches. Week 3-4 of any diet always involves a scale pause for me. Keep you eye on the prize. Are you in ketosis? I find that things like nuts and cheeses are a slippery slope for me. I can only have one serving of cheese a day. If I have more, I tend to lose less. I do have almond milk every am in my coffee. I too am a big fan of protein shakes. I have a Pure Protein (120 cal) every day on my way home from work. Keeps me from shoving anything and everything in my face when I get home. Hang in there!
Thanks, Ericka
I am going to hang in there, my weigh in is Tuesdays so I hope I see the scale move. I have stopped weighing myself every morning. I knowI am eating on Plan. I have cut out the cheese and the salty meats, I don't care what anyone says, the process meats with the salt makes a difference even if you drink all of the water maybe it is just my body. So, I am limiting any processed meats and see if I get better results.
travelingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member
 
Jessica1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 228
Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingras View Post
Thanks, Ericka
I am going to hang in there, my weigh in is Tuesdays so I hope I see the scale move. I have stopped weighing myself every morning. I knowI am eating on Plan. I have cut out the cheese and the salty meats, I don't care what anyone says, the process meats with the salt makes a difference even if you drink all of the water maybe it is just my body. So, I am limiting any processed meats and see if I get better results.
I definitely agree that the processed meats make a difference. My clinic actually told me if I'm going to eat deli meat or pepperoni, to make sure its all natural and uncured because all the preservatives in the regular kind can stall you. I've also been told to limit cheese to 1 serving a day if at all, because it stalls a lot of people also. They always tell me, the "cleaner" and more natural I eat the better the losses I'll have.
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.