Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LKelly
Stats: 247/179/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 6, 2012
Need Advise on reaching PLATEAU! Week 18 - 45lbs lost and 40 more to go!

Hi Everyone! I'm on week 18 and have lost 45lbs so far. I went down from 247lbs to 202lbs! The past 3 weeks, I've hit a brick wall. My weight has been fluctuating up and down and nothing has been working. My body does not want to budge from the 200s and I would really like to kick start my weight loss again. I was doing great up until now.

Anyone have any advise as to how to jump start my weight loss and start losing again!?
LKelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
Has your clinic offered any advice? When I had stalls I really had to watch the carb intake. Have you added any new foods in these 3 weeks?

Hang in there, you have come so far!!
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
I'm too new to provide any answers, but I feel for you! I hear a lot of people talk about stalls, and I'm not looking forward to it. The one time we spoke about it at my clinic they mentioned upping calories in the case of a stall. I don't know why that would work, but I've read it other places too. Let us know what your clinic tells you!

You're doing great by the way! Congrats!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thanks everyone. The clinic just told me to keep doing what I'm doing. When I went in for my last visit, I was up 1lb and down 3lbs of fat. Apparently, I'm retaining water. They said my BMI is still pretty high so I shouldn't be plateauing just yet. I don't know what's going on, but I went from 202 to 205! I'm SO close to being under 200 that it's really frustrating at this point...
Old 07-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rudyrooster13
WOE: MWL
Start Date: June 12, 2012
WOW you are doing great!!! Look how far you have come. I agree change up your calories and maybe add more. This may not pertain to you but for me being in the 200s for almost ten years, I always get so close to Onederland and then pull back.. It is a big mental deal for me like if I get under 200 it is real and a real commitment. I know that may not make sense but this time for me I want to break through this mental barrier...getting close now at 211. Maybe getting close to a big milestone is a factor. One thing is for sure you have done an amazing job and will keep losing. Keep us posted

Jennifer

Jennifer
rudyrooster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCatLady
Stats: 5'6 229/147/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 11, 2012
I just broke the Onederland barrier, and it completely shocked me! My weight loss seems to jump around. 1.5lbs one week, and 4.5 the next. And since I'm eating practically the same thing every week, I never know what's going to happen. Just when I'm sure I haven't lost a pound, I lose 5. Its crazy. :-)

I was having trouble getting all my water in for a while. I finally decided to set myself time limits to drink a certain amount of water everyday. For instance; I have to drink my whole bottle before I can eat lunch. This helped me a lot. What's surprising is, I suddenly started losing water weight! Apparently, if you don't drink enough, your body will hold onto it (retain it).
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!!! I'm down to 199.8lbs but still fluctuating. I'm eating as the plan suggests and still very frustrated. In 2 months I've only lost 6lbs when before I was losing 2-4lbs a week. I should be 190 now and not 199.8

I'm going to Medi in 30min so I really hope I see a fat loss! At least that way I'll see some sort of result!!

All I want to do is eat my feelings! LOL