Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MathSci
Stats: 303.5/253.0/200
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: November 26, 2013
What does your doctor think of MWL?

I'll be seeing my regular doctor in July for my yearly physical. I'm actually excited about going this year since I'll weigh less than I ever have and hopefully my cholesterol and blood pressure will be in the normal range. But I'm wondering what my doctor is going to say about me going to MWL. Does MWL have a good reputation with the general practitioners??? I figure my doctor would prefer that I use their weight-loss program (they have some dietitians, etc. offering a program), but the location is not that convenient for me to get to every week.
MathSci is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/165/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathSci View Post
I'll be seeing my regular doctor in July for my yearly physical. I'm actually excited about going this year since I'll weigh less than I ever have and hopefully my cholesterol and blood pressure will be in the normal range. But I'm wondering what my doctor is going to say about me going to MWL. Does MWL have a good reputation with the general practitioners??? I figure my doctor would prefer that I use their weight-loss program (they have some dietitians, etc. offering a program), but the location is not that convenient for me to get to every week.
What a great feeling to be looking forward to stepping on the scale at the doctor's office. You are doing great!

I called my doctor before starting to see what she thought about the program. She had two other patients who were successful on MWL and kept their weight off, so she recommended it. I suppose they all have a different philosophy, but you're getting results, and that's what matters.
barbwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tm501
My doctor was all for the program. She was just not happy about the pill they give you because it supposedly increases your blood pressure. So she said I had to keep an eye on it
tm501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
I think most of them are ok with programs untill they learn its a low carb plan since alot of them still refuse to accept LC, but since you have had wonderful results it would be hard for them to deny its benefit!! I bet that regardless your doc will be very happy with ya!
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
My personal doc is happy with the program and the results. He accepts and works with traditional and integrative medicine. Make my life so much easier!

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Papa Smoke
Stats: 248/223/185
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 9, 2012
My wife & I had been on Medi for 4 weeks before we went to our GP for our annual checkups. We had each lost 24 pounds. He was delighted until we mentioned the word Phentermine (the A.S.) . With a grave look, he told us "No!" I asked why and he told me to look it up (We have a good relationship and he knows I am a college professor so he expects me to stay informed and knows I would look it up anyway - lol).

I looked it up. Not a very rosie picture! POSSIBLE side effects can be heart, lung, and/or central nervous system malfunctions.

I am now looking for a safer A.S. to replace the phentermine.

The Doc had no problems with the diet. After we gave him details of the Medi diet, he said, "Adkins, huh? It is OK. Exercise!"
Papa Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote