Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Weight Loss First Week on Medi (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/773851-weight-loss-first-week-medi.html)

AnimalLover78 06-07-2012 09:32 AM

Weight Loss First Week on Medi

Hi!

For those of you who had 40-60 pounds to loose when you started the program, how much weight did you loose the first week?

LTinNC 06-07-2012 11:20 AM

6.5lb all fat, the first week but know that i am a slow loser even when i am perfect with diet and exercise.

Dinp120 06-07-2012 05:52 PM

I lot 8.6 lbs my first week. Just had my 3rd week weigh in today and down 16 lbs total. I had 50 pounds to lose when I started a couple weeks ago.

AnimalLover78 06-08-2012 08:32 AM

Thanks for your replies. That is great weightloss for both of you, congrats!!! I have my first weight in today and am anxious to see how much weight I have lost!

AnimalLover78 06-08-2012 12:22 PM

I just had my first weigh in and I lost 7.3 pounds. It was less than a pound of fat though :sad: and the rest was water weight, so I am sort of disappointed...

What I don't understand is water weight loss. I would think we would gain water weight because we are drinking so much water? Any thoughts on this?

MiniMomma 06-08-2012 03:08 PM

The first week usually has alot of water loss. I wouldnt be disappointed at all, your body has to adjust to burning fat vs. carbs and we all do it in our own ways. With any plan I have ever tried I am slow to lose, Medi has been the fastest for me and I am still slower than alot of peeps. You don't gain water weight from all the water since your basically just keeping your system flushed out after the first week or two from what I noticed.
Congrats on getting through your first week! :jumpjoy:

oh.. i lost 6.2 first week, about half was water... water lbs at start 72.2, current 66.0...

MJD 06-09-2012 03:31 PM

I lost 8.5, 6.5, and then 4 for a total of 19 in three weeks. However, I am down 23 lbs of fat. Dropped 10.5, 7, and 5.5 lbs of fat and ended gaining 3 lbs of water and 1 pound of muscle mass.

I have gained water every week, so I would not say that big loss has to mean it is water weight.

Lovelyessence 06-09-2012 06:01 PM

First week was 05/31/12 on medi and yesterday June 7, 2012 I lost 6.5 only 1.5 was water though. Still happy with that. Yay going for 22.5 more hopefully by August end, but as long as I'm losing I don't care if it's longer. Well maybe I do lol.

Started Medi weight loss: May 31, 2012
Start wgt:170lbs
Current wgt: 163.5lbs
Ending weight goal: 141lbs

AnimalLover78 06-18-2012 04:31 PM

I had my second weigh in this past Friday and was down a total of 2.4 pounds. The most exciting part was that I lost 5.6 pounds of fat! Yay!!! My TOM is here so my water weigh was up 3.2 pounds, but I am very happy with my results so far!

Congrats to you guys as well!

rudyrooster13 06-19-2012 10:22 AM

WHOO HOO just had my first weigh in and lost 8.5 pounds (8 pounds of fat)!! They have on my week two form I can have carbs if in ketosis. I don't see any guidelines for amounts per day if I do have carbs. Any help would be appreciated.

Jennifer

MathSci 06-19-2012 11:44 AM

Hey, Jennifer! I go to the clinic in Midlothian! The limit they gave me was no more than 35 carbs per day.

rudyrooster13 06-19-2012 12:22 PM

Thank you that is helpful. I just did not see anything in my journal or information about the carbs and I assume if you do choose to have them it is "good carbs" like brown rice versus white or does that matter? Is it just total number of carbs a day?

Dinp120 06-19-2012 02:50 PM

The carbs you should be having are vegetables. My clinic allows 2 servings of veggies per day (1 serving = 1 cup raw veggies or 1/2 cup cooked veggies). Definitely no rice (brown or white)!

MathSci 06-19-2012 05:05 PM

My clinic says either 2 servings of veggies or 1 serving of veggie/1 serving of fruit. Not all veggies and fruits are allowed though. I remember bananas were not allowed. I always do 2 servings of vegetables, generally either a salad or broccoli. And then we get 100 calories of a "good" fat which I either use as my salad dressing or a spoon of peanut butter.

AnimalLover78 06-29-2012 12:58 PM

Lost 16 pounds 1st month!!

Hello everyone-
I had my 4th week weigh in today and have lost a total of 16 pounds in the 1st month! I have also lost 3 inches off of my waist!
I am so happy, this program really works!

How is everyone else doing who started the program in June?

tmo 06-30-2012 09:58 AM

This was my first weigh in...lost 7.4 lbs...but no fat loss!! What the heck! Has this happened to anyone else?

travelingras 06-30-2012 06:08 PM

I have my first weigh in Tuesday, and I am hoping I lose the pounds I am sure the fat will come off as long as I am in Ketosis. I know both is important but I think as long as the lbs come off your body will have to shed the fat. I am going to ask my clinic what is more important on this plan.

tmo 07-01-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelingras (Post 15766388)
I have my first weigh in Tuesday, and I am hoping I lose the pounds I am sure the fat will come off as long as I am in Ketosis. I know both is important but I think as long as the lbs come off your body will have to shed the fat. I am going to ask my clinic what is more important on this plan.

Good Luck on your weigh in! Unfortunately I was in Ketosis-lost over 7lbs-but no fat loss? Doesn't make sense. The clinic mentioned that perhaps the scales were not working correctly:dunno:

travelingras 07-01-2012 06:09 PM

Even though my 1st weigh in is Tuesday, I have been weighing myself every morning to see if my scale is moving. It is moving but not as fast as some of yours have here. And I am not hungry, I am trying to get in the 700-800 cals that I was prescribed because I workout 5 days a week she increased it from 500, but I was expecting at least a big lost on my scale.

I guess I can not be too anxious and just let it run it's course, but I have not cheated not one time, so I am thinking maybe it is the sodium in the processed food which I never ate before. I do get all my water in as prescribed. I am just frustrated that my scale is not moving fast, oh and I am in Ketosis.

If anyone has had this problem please share what they did.

Thanks,

Robynne

LTinNC 07-02-2012 04:50 AM

if you can cut out the processed food for a day or so before you go weigh you may increase your loss. this was hard for me as i was so used to eating the lunch meat etc. but i grilled some chicken breast (enough for a few meals) so i was able to grab that or shrimp cocktail the day before i weighed in.

also made sure i took the colon cleanse for a day or 2 before.

and for me, day 5, 6, 7 was when i saw more dramatic weight loss . of course i was weighing at home. and day 1-4 i lost like 2lbs and then 5-7 i lost 4.5.

maybe stop weighing at home and be surprised when you go in tomorrow!!!

travelingras 07-02-2012 08:37 AM

Thanks for the information. Yes, I am going to stop buying the processed meat, I always been aware of the sodium in the processed meats so I never purchased them prior to this plan. I asked during the first consultation about the sodium in the processed food and I was told not to worry about the sodium because it will flush out if I drink the water. I have been taking the colon cleanse so I should be good there.

I am hooked to the scale when I am on a plan like this :-), I have to know as soon as I get up this is my way to stay motivated.

I will let you know tomorrow what my first weigh in ends up being.

Thanks,

Robynne

AnimalLover78 07-02-2012 08:41 AM

To Tmo and Travelingras -

Don't worry if you don't loose any fat the first week, the same thing happend to me. My first week I lost 7.3 pounds and only .5 of it was fat loss, the rest was water weight. At my second week weight in, I had lost 2.4 pounds, but my fat loss for the 2nd week was 5.6 pounds!

My clinic said to expect a lot of water loss in the beginning of the program.

Keep drinking lots of water, especially if you are exercising!

Good luck, you can do this!!!

travelingras 07-03-2012 09:02 AM

Ok, my first week weigh in was 5.6lbs which wasn't bad but she told me she could not tell me how much was water or how much was fat because something with the impedence number not indicating it. But I found out that I need to start drinking water with electrolytes, I totally forgot to get any of that stuff. And I am not eating enough, which I figured because I am not hungry and I am only taking the herbal Slim capsule not the AS. So, I may have to limit that to one a day, if I am not hungry. So, I am now going into week two and hopefully I will eat more since I can add a little veggie and fruit to my daily plan. I had been feeling lethargic and that was because I was not eating enough, I knew that but I just could not eat one more piece of sliced turkey. :-(

AnimalLover78 07-03-2012 09:43 AM

Robynne,
Congrats on your weight loss! 5.6 pounds is great! :jumpjoy:

Drinking water with electrolytes will make you feel better and less lethargic. I love Powerade Zero fruit punch.

Also to get all of your calories in, try drinking a protein shake. I also love the medi protein bars.

travelingras 07-03-2012 08:58 PM

Thanks

I purchase a box of the protein bars today and I have already eaten 3 of them. :lol:
but I know it was the increase in Carbs that made me want more. I had to put them away, but it did increase my appetite. I am preparing for week two weigh in, because I can always do something for a week, it is getting past that 1st week which is my hurdle of staying motivated. I figure if I can get to week two and past week two I should be on my way to being a success story.

Thanks for all the encouragement I really need it. I am going to go to my spinning class in the morning while everyone else is preparing food, I am keeping my eye on the prize and not get derailed over one day.

Everyone Have a Happy and Safe Holiday

RAS

Amie610 07-13-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimalLover78 (Post 15709129)
Hi!

For those of you who had 40-60 pounds to loose when you started the program, how much weight did you loose the first week?

10.5 week one. Today 2nd weigh in only .8 but 8 pounds of fat

Tselani 07-20-2012 04:55 AM

First week weight loss

3.1....which for me was discouraging. However, 2.9 lbs. was fat. The PA told me that given my age and my thyroid condition, this was good. She then asked me if I had been restricting carbs before I started, and I told her I'd been doing carb control for several years. She told me that this was why mine was a smaller weight loss.

I suppose that makes sense.