Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tm501
Has anyone stopped going to the clinic?

Have any of you totally stopped going to the clinic but continue on the diet? I honestly cannot afford $70 per week. When I started I thought I could get my employer to join the Wellness program so I can get 20% off per week bringing the cost to $56 with the shots, but the mayor has not signed off on it. The $56 would have been a stretch on my purse but more doable. I did get my own doctor to give me a prescription for the AS,($20 for a 1 month supply with insurance) I found replacements for the supplements (except the fat burner) and their protein shake. I'm starting week 4 now and I'm still keeping my protein at between 600-800 calories. The counselor told me I had to eat at least 600 starting the 3rd week. I keep my carbs well under 15 g per day. I know at some point I will up the calories and protein but when does it happen? This diet does seem to be working great for me and I want to stay on it, just not at the huge of a weekly expense.

And if I am not going in to get weighed, should I go to a different forum? I don't want to offend anyone.
tm501 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristin
Stats: 5'6.5" 142/126/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 21, 2012
I'm new to the program (starting 3rd week), and I haven't gone in since the initial weigh-in. I also find the $70 a week a little bit too taxing on my wallet. What protein shake are you having? A lot of people here recommend the EAS Carb Control Protein Shake, and it's really good!

Also, I'm under the general impression that you do not increase protein/calories until you reach your goal weight. Then you add ~200-400 calories a week until you get to your BMR. For example, my dad was originally eating 1000 calories of protein a week until maintenance. Now he must eat 1400 calories on the first week of maintenance. His should go up another 400 by the end of the week.

He told me that for women, you go from 500 calories to 700 calories and increase by ~200 calories a week. I will eventually be able to eat 1500 calories a day if my BMR stays the same.

I'm sure you're more than welcome to stay on this forum!
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
I think there are a few people that follow the plan but do not currently use the clinic support. I do believe others have mentioned going to the clinic bi-weekly also as an option to the cost. Either way I see no reason why you couldnt still discuss it with others here.
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TheMariposa
WOE: lc
I'm another doing it on my own. There is so much good info, ideas and support here. I don't have many questions right now since I'm very well versed in the program. It does work so I'm on this route until I get to my goal.
TheMariposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thank you everyone!

I'm drinking Promasil protein shake that I bought from GNC. It has 90 calories, no carbs or sugar and really is good. I found the Medi vanilla smelled bad so I always had to use a straw.

I did get my own doctor to prescribe the pills for me but she said she has to have me come back in a month for a physical. She said those pills make your blood pressure increase which the clinic never told me.

So I will keep up with the minimum of 600 calories of protein and under 15 g of carb per day. One thing I never understood was the clinic never had me count the calories from the veggies/fruit. They said for now just count them as carbs.

Did any of you find a replacement fat burner pill?
Old 06-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
Each clinic has its differences, and depending on your starting weight it can be a bit different too. The Fat Burner supplement has Chromium, Decaf green tea extract, Ginger, Gymnema Sylvesre Extract, Capsimax Capsicum Extract, Carnitine (L-Carnitine fumarate), Bioperine (black pepper extract) so if you want to check with GNC or online. Hope that helps
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rvarner10
Stats: 314/234/180
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: Sept 8,2010
Not going to clinic

Hi, I also cant afford the $70 + per week, as i am retired. I bought a scale from competive edge.com , a tanita model# bc-533 which is very similar o he one in the linic but cost. $89 plus free shipping. I have lost close to 90 lbs, and am stilllosing . Just maintain what you spoke of and you should be okay. i also see no reason why you would offend anyone. So people may be upset hat he had to pay or this info but that was before this site came about. So good luck and keep posting here.
Bob
Rvarner10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Thank you! I'm going to go look up that scale right now. I went to Walmart and got Liquid soft gel Green Tea fat burner. I read on here that a few different people bought that one.

Last edited by tm501; 06-17-2012 at 09:02 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 05:51 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: psychmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm501 View Post
Have any of you totally stopped going to the clinic but continue on the diet? I honestly cannot afford $70 per week. When I started I thought I could get my employer to join the Wellness program so I can get 20% off per week bringing the cost to $56 with the shots, but the mayor has not signed off on it. The $56 would have been a stretch on my purse but more doable. I did get my own doctor to give me a prescription for the AS,($20 for a 1 month supply with insurance) I found replacements for the supplements (except the fat burner) and their protein shake. I'm starting week 4 now and I'm still keeping my protein at between 600-800 calories. The counselor told me I had to eat at least 600 starting the 3rd week. I keep my carbs well under 15 g per day. I know at some point I will up the calories and protein but when does it happen? This diet does seem to be working great for me and I want to stay on it, just not at the huge of a weekly expense.

And if I am not going in to get weighed, should I go to a different forum? I don't want to offend anyone.
What replacements are you using for the supplements?
What
psychmom is offline   Reply With Quote