Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
**Journey Joyfully into June with MWL**

"June is busting out all over, all over the meadow and the hill"...says the song from "Oklahoma". Time to get off the couch and get outside and enjoy all the beauties of nature and the great outdoors.

So much to do and to experience this time of year. Change up the indoor exercise to accomodate outdoor activities...change out the treadmill for walking in sunshine....change out the stationary bike for a ride on a beach cruiser or mountain bike. You get the idea.

Take a look at MWL"s exercise challenge...ask your clinic about it.

Let's jump together into June and make your success happen.

YOU can do this! MWL truly is the one that works!

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Today is absolutely gorgeous. My windows are open and we're enjoying the 75 degree temps. Tomorrow we'll be in the 90s which will probably be the case for the rest of the summer. Going to try and convince hubby to take a walk with me tonight!

Six pounds to go until back to goal. I keep running into issues that make me fall off the wagon. Since I'm not paying the clinic, I'm so much less dedicated to eating consistently. Funny though - I had a piece of cake 2 nights ago and I literally could not get off the couch yesterday. My body just does not like that stuff anymore! Eating clean again and starting to feel better today but still feeling kinda sick. Blah.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!

Last edited by eptexy; 06-01-2012 at 08:48 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Erin- I had major accountability issues when I didn't pay the clinic and tried to do it on my own as well. The important part is that you get back on the wagon and move on. It is harder to get the weight off that way than if you did acute consistently but you are essentially on maintenance remediation My body really doesn't respond well to carbs either. It makes me feel so bloaty and gross. I have celiac so I eat gluten free even when I was off Medi. All carbs make me feel gross. I don't understand why something that makes you feel so bad is so addicting!

Had a good day today but feeling hungry. I had 200 calories of Tilapia for dinner and don't feel satisfied. It's day 4 of week one for me. I already used all of my brother that I had in the house. Maybe I'll have a hot tea.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Kristin- To help you with your stomach question... I am a bit confused. You are just having abdominal pain? No GI distress, shall we call it? Where is the pain? Track the pain in your food journal. It is possible that you have some kind of a food sensitivity. Do you do medi shakes or bars?
Old 06-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

At 112 degrees today, it was a treadmill walk for me today! No morning walk as I had a MWL appt today - down 2 more pounds....and best of all down 7.5 pounds of fat! Slowly getting that BMI back down where it belongs. This is when the actual "number" on the scale can be a little misleading. Because losing that 7.5 of fat is REALLY important! So, even though the "pounds lost" is only 2 on the scale....the other numbers really show how much progress I am making! 6 more "scale" pounds to being back to my goal weight! Woohoo!

We are likely to have super hot days over the weekend, so I will be walking at sunrise to get my miles in before the heat really sets in.

Here's to a great weekend!

Jo
Old 06-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Jo! That is awesome! I love the Tanita scale for that reason. You can justify a smaller loss when you worked hard if you know there was more fat loss than the scale number showed.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schleprock
Stats: 319/261/219
Start Date: February 28 2012
I need to really kill it this month..bathing suit season and men do not look good in a one piece... I shooting for 10lbs... the scale so far tells me I am down one...gotta grind it out..gym here I come
Old 06-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Ok, digging in here! I'm up in water weight so I think I can feasibly lose 3 pounds by Thursday if I really buckle down. I'm by myself this week so there are no excuses. Hubby put all of these snack foods in the pantry before they left for a camping trip so I need to relocate those somewhere out of sight. I'm staring at packaged food cookie/cracker heaven each time I open the door!

Have a good weekend y'all!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristin
Stats: 5'6.5" 142/126/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 21, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
Kristin- To help you with your stomach question... I am a bit confused. You are just having abdominal pain? No GI distress, shall we call it? Where is the pain? Track the pain in your food journal. It is possible that you have some kind of a food sensitivity. Do you do medi shakes or bars?
Not just abdominal pain, but I would say GI distress, if I catch your drift. I'm going to bring it up in my next visit since it doesn't make sense to me. I'm not eating anything I've never had before.
I don't do Medi shakes, but I've had a Medi protein bar twice since about two weeks ago.

Thanks for your response!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss. I hope to be as successful as you all. =)

Good luck with the water weight, Erin. I'm trying to better understand what it means on this program, and what weight loss or gain is actually "permanent."

Also, has anyone here ever heard of Couch to 5k?
Cool Running | The Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan
Would this be a Medi-compliant method of exercise, or do you think it could be too much?
(Week 1 consists of 5 min warm-up walk, run 1 min, walk 1 1/2min, run 1 min, etc for 20 min then you eventually should be able to run 30 min nonstop at the end of 9 weeks).
I did the first day today, and it kicked my butt! I'm really out of shape! I want to find an exercise regime I can actually stick to, and I know going to the gym will not be it. I used to love to run, but then I started loving sitting on my couch more
Old 06-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

A lot of people in the program to the "Couch to 5K" and are successful with it. Give it a try..if it gets you up and moving...then it is a good thing!

Jo
Old 06-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Kristin- I have celiac and therefore am allergic to gluten (wheat, rye, barley, and oats). Medi is essentially a gluten free diet with the exception of medi bars and shakes which are apparently not gluten free. If you are eating things with sugar alcohols, they can definitely set off your gi system. You said you have GI issues in the past? I would keep a tight journal and see if you can relate any of your symptoms to something specific you are eating.
Couch to 5k is a great program and would be great for Medi. When I did it before, I worked out as usual after week one. Body pump, etc. I would get a little fatigued in the after noon the days that I worked out though.

I am on day 5 of week one and had a tougher time today than other days. I went to a baby shower and there wasn't much that was medi compliant. I didn't eat any carbs but I had some stuffed mushrooms (sausage and cream cheese stuffing) and at 2 pieces of cauliflower at dinner. I can not wait until week to to add veggies! I am not going to beat myself up over this as I could have done much worse and if I was in week 2, it would have been on program. Just feeling hungrier today. Can't wait for WI Tuesday. My home scale says I am down 8.5 lbs in 5 days which puts me in the 170's! I love this WOE. It works!

I have also realized how bloated any carbs make me feel now that I am carbless. Why couldn't I remember that before I gained 29 of my 30lbs back?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Erin- You can totally knock those 3lbs off. Especially if they are water.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Kristin- I have celiac and therefore am allergic to gluten (wheat, rye, barley, and oats). Medi is essentially a gluten free diet with the exception of medi bars and shakes which are apparently not gluten free. If you are eating things with sugar alcohols, they can definitely set off your gi system. You said you have GI issues in the past? I would keep a tight journal and see if you can relate any of your symptoms to something specific you are eating.
Couch to 5k is a great program and would be great for Medi. When I did it before, I worked out as usual after week one. Body pump, etc. I would get a little fatigued in the after noon the days that I worked out though.

I am on day 5 of week one and had a tougher time today than other days. I went to a baby shower and there wasn't much that was medi compliant. I didn't eat any carbs but I had some stuffed mushrooms (sausage and cream cheese stuffing) and at 2 pieces of cauliflower at dinner. I can not wait until week to to add veggies! I am not going to beat myself up over this as I could have done much worse and if I was in week 2, it would have been on program. Just feeling hungrier today. Can't wait for WI Tuesday. My home scale says I am down 8.5 lbs in 5 days which puts me in the 170's! I love this WOE. It works!

I have also realized how bloated any carbs make me feel now that I am carbless. Why couldn't I remember that before I gained 29 of my 30lbs back?
I feel for you on the celiac. As far as I know, I am not gluten intolerant, but I have started to think I have a dairy intolerance, which may be why I'm doing so much better, minus the upset stomach (which seems to be lightening up).

Good job at the baby shower! I don't think eating some veggies a little early is all too bad on this diet; at least you didn't eat a bunch of junkie snacks! 8.5 lbs is great so far! You've still got 2 days too!

I had a rather "rough" day on the diet today. My day is now on maintenance so he can eat a good bit different besides meats, veggies, and fruits. He decided to make wings (one of my favorite foods), which I cannot have with the sauce he chose to use. My mom made me a hamburger, which I've kinda had 5 times prior this week. Not a fan of hamburger meat at all, but I eat it when given to me and don't complain.
Anyway, my mom was eating a piece right in front of me and said, "I'm sooo sorry you can't have any of this!" to which I replied, "I don't mind as long as I don't have hamburger all the time." I said it jokingly with a partial smile, but my dad said I was being smart and lectured me about how diets can be "hard sometimes." I just thought it was a little unfair since I didn't sit there and whine.

It hurts my feelings since he just came off the diet and should know it can be hard to watch people eat your favorite food in front of you. *shrug* Sorry for the rant; it just happened a little while ago. ^^
Old 06-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Graybird76
Stats: 220.8/190/150
Start Date: 5/15/12
Hi everyone! I had my 3rd weigh in today and lost 2.8! A little less than I wanted but I'll take it. That means 17.8 since May 14th. I hope to hit my first goal of 20 pounds the first month.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Graybird- WTG with the loss

Kristin- That is a tricky situation. There is an art to changing your eating habits gracefully, especially when someone else is doing the cooking. I would suggest making your own alternative if you feel your mom's menu is too boring. It is a great time in your life to learn to cook and in a healthy way.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 287.0/210.6/215.3
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Today I had my 15th weigh in on the program and Lost 4.0 lbs

Good morning all too all you losers out there!!!

Today I had my 15th weigh in on the program and Lost 4.0 lbs

I have lost 51.6 LBS TO DATE. !!!!

Fat Mass to date 51.4 LBS. Which means I have lost all FAT

MEDI WEIGHTLOSS THE PROGRAM THAT DOES WORK !!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
Great start to June everyone!

About 20 weeks later and it is beachtime, I am so ready to enjoy the beach this year and not feel so BLAH! I know some get frustrated with slow losses, but if you stick with it you can get there!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Had my week on WI yesterday and lost 9.6! Super happy and motivated?

You re doing great Andy. 4 lbs that far into the program is wonderful!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Graybird- WTG with the loss

Kristin- That is a tricky situation. There is an art to changing your eating habits gracefully, especially when someone else is doing the cooking. I would suggest making your own alternative if you feel your mom's menu is too boring. It is a great time in your life to learn to cook and in a healthy way.
I'm actually not allowed to cook at home, which is weird because how am I supposed to learn to cook? It's a funny situation, but I appreciate any food cooked for me since my mom used to only cook once a week before now for years.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Had my week on WI yesterday and lost 9.6! Super happy and motivated?

You re doing great Andy. 4 lbs that far into the program is wonderful!
Whoa! 9.6lbs is great! Is size 10 your goal or your current size?

I've lost ~5lbs the past two weeks. I haven't been going to the clinic since I've had doctors appointment after doctors appointment...and that's draining my funds rather quickly. lol. I'm pretty happy since I'm only about 6.5lbs from my current (and hopefully final) goal.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Kristin- size 10 is my goal. I was stuffed into 14s when I started and they are fitting well now. The first time I did Medi I set a number goal and got frustrated because I hit a major plateau. I felt great and didn't really care ifI lost more except for the number goal. I should have transitioned to maintenance but instead fell off the wagon and gained back all but one pound. This time my focus isn't on the loss but learning to maintain.
Great job on the loss! This plan really does work. I will be surprised if I have a big loss this week. Only WI will tell.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Kristin- size 10 is my goal. I was stuffed into 14s when I started and they are fitting well now. The first time I did Medi I set a number goal and got frustrated because I hit a major plateau. I felt great and didn't really care ifI lost more except for the number goal. I should have transitioned to maintenance but instead fell off the wagon and gained back all but one pound. This time my focus isn't on the loss but learning to maintain.
Great job on the loss! This plan really does work. I will be surprised if I have a big loss this week. Only WI will tell.
Amen Erica! Are you going back to the clinic or doing it on your own with the tools you already had from "last" time?

I have been trying to do my redo by attending WW and got really sucked in to the whole WW WOE but have NOT lost because of the fruits and then the urge for more carbs as a result! I love carbs (don't we all, that is what got us UP in the first place!) But with insulin resistance/prediabetes, I cannot really have them despite WW endorsing them. Wasted time, wasted weekly $... I think I secretly wanted the fruit carbs too!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
That's a good way to look at it, and sometimes we have to fall down and get back up. You know now what can happen, and I'm sure you will be able to keep it off! I'm actually a size 8/10 in pants. I think I'm just really thick at the bottom, and it drives me crazy sometimes. lol. It's a great size though so I'm sure you will love it. I'm just looking to fit into some of my older clothes again.

I'm sure I'm cheating the system, but I'm not going back to the clinic until maintenance... I don't think anyway. It has been two weeks since I've gone, and I've consistently lost weight.
I haven't had any of the shots, however, but unless I *NEED* them for some reason, I'm doing fine. I'm rationing my herbal appetite suppressants and crossing my fingers. I have another doctor's appointment next week for blood work and the likes so my GP can keep me in check health-wise.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Deb- I am going to the clinic. I have tried on my own many times and failed. I need the accountability.

I'm a little nervous about WI tomorrow. Not thinking I had a big loss this week. I definitely went over my calories a couple of days but I am in control of my eating and the carbs which is huge! After I did medi before, I was having some issues with compulsive-like eating. Not good. Feels so good to be in control of what goes in my mouth.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 287.0/210.6/215.3
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Today I had my 16th weigh in on the program and Lost 2.6 lbs

Good day all too all you losers out there!!!

Today I had my 16th weigh in on the program and Lost 2.6 lbs

I have lost 54.2 LBS TO DATE. !!!!

MEDI WEIGHTLOSS THE PROGRAM THAT DOES WORK !!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

WTG Andy!

I had my 2nd WI today and lost 2.8 for a total of 13.4. I am starting to get some cravings. I did have an apple after lunch today. Do you think that could do it? Or, the stressful day I had at work. My toughest time is right when I get home from work. Anyone have any tips as to what they do instead of eating at this time?
Old 06-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/165/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Great losses Erica, Andy and everyone! Looks like June is shaping up to be a good month

Barb
Old 06-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Barb,
So good to see you here again (I'm the one that left...ashamed of my regain when I did not learn maintenance and had a crazy school and work schedule!) Look how much you've lost and how close you are to your goal! Awesome!! Are you counting carbs? How many do you try to stick to daily?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Restart

Quote:
Deb- I am going to the clinic. I have tried on my own many times and failed. I need the accountability.

I'm a little nervous about WI tomorrow. Not thinking I had a big loss this week. I definitely went over my calories a couple of days but I am in control of my eating and the carbs which is huge! After I did medi before, I was having some issues with compulsive-like eating. Not good. Feels so good to be in control of what goes in my mouth.
Hi Erica!
Your restart totals are inspirational! I'm pulling out all my paperwork tomorrow to review it!
Closed Thread