Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelina
Stats: 5'0/133/104/100
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: September 2008
Gaining Weight after 3 Years -- Help!

Hi all, I was very successful in losing 33 pounds on Medi Weight Loss 3 years ago and was able to maintain my weight since that time. Whenever I over-indulged at a special occasion, etc., I was able to get right back on track the next day with no problem at all. However, over the past two months I put on 4 pounds for no apparent reason (no difference in eating habits, no cheating, etc.). I just can't get these pounds off, no matter how hard I try. I've tried to go back into the acute phase (500 calories/day) for a week, but I just can't do it (I took the medication during this phase 3 years ago). I know that 4 pounds doesn't sound like much, but we all know how easily 4 pounds can creep up to 8, 16, etc., and I just want to get these pounds off as soon as possible. I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have! Thanks.
Michelina is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Michelina - Have you tracked everything you are putting in your mouth? Did you change or add any medication? How old are you?

I have noticed a slight change in my metabolism in the past 3 years. I can't eat quite as much as I used to. Hence me back on the program after a couple of years. Like you, I don't want things to spiral out of control. I refuse to be fat again. Not to mention that I can't afford to replace all of my clothes!

If I were you, I would try acute at 800-1000 calories instead of the 500. I went back on "acute" but there was no way I could eat 500 calories without the appetite suppressant. It's coming off slower but I'm in ketosis and it's working.

Also, be sure and drink lots of water. It could just be fluid retention! I lost 4 pounds in one day of acute from water weight.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Erin! I'm 55, so it's probably a change in my metabolism. And I agree -- I refuse to gain the weight back and can't afford to replace my clothes either! I'm going to try the 800-1000 instead of the impossible 500. I didn't realize I could get into ketosis with the higher calories. -- Michele
Old 05-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Michelina~
Have you deleted any exercise from your daily regimen...or if exercising..changed your routine? Are you sitting more and walking less. And as Erin says, are you journaling everything that goes in your mouth? Any Starbuck's or DD? How much sodium in what you are eating? How much sugar? All of these things can cause a weight gain.

But the journaling and exercise are the two things that can help you the most. Journaling will show you exactly what you are eating/drinking. And exercise will help burn calories for you.

I had ACL surgery and had to stop my power walks for 6 months...and I put on 26 pounds just eating as I always did and journaling...but the lack of exercise was the problem. Now I am back to walking 6-8 miles a day and am down to within 8 pounds of my goal weight.

I will tell you that re-doing this was harder than the first time. But I am in it for the long haul so I am in the program 100%.

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 05-27-2012 at 11:25 AM..
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Jo. My exercise routine (walking) has been the same since the start of the program. I think I've become a bit lax in measuring my foods, and even though I haven't been eating unhealthy/high calorie foods, I may be eating a little more than when I was measuring everything. So the scale and journaling will become my best friends again. I'm also going to try the 800-1000 acute phase as Erin suggested to jump start the weight loss. I agree with you -- I'm in it for the long haul ... I never want to feel the way I did when I was overweight. -- Michele
Old 05-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Erin/Jo -- Do either of you take any of the Medi supplements anymore? I take the vita super and calcium, but nothing else. -- Michele
Old 05-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I have some left over Medi vita supers. I really like them - they don't make me sick! I take a generic calcium from Costco and a non-fishy Omega 3.

I'm looking at those Rasberry Ketones as a fat burner though. lol My health food store just sent me a 30% off coupon to their store today and hey... if Dr. Oz says it works.
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Yep, I am looking into those as well, Erin. I still get the fat burner for now, and the stay slim. I buy a calcium citrate from sams, and the omegas are the kids version chewable and no aftertaste. I use different vitamins..all without iron because iron makes me sick to my stomach...not good. And a bunch of different kinds of supplements..all from walgreens or the health food store.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote