Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: babyxchaos
100 lbs to lose! First day of first week!

Hello everyone! I just started the first day of my medi weightloss program/diet and I am feeling like I will never make it through the first week on such a restricted plan. Does anyone have any advice? I guess I could use some positive reinforcement too.

Here's a little about me..I'm 29...I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I started losing weight in 2009 by working out and eating a restricted calorie diet. My starting weight then was 345 lbs. I lost over 50 lbs. in 4.5 months for my wedding by attending classes at Get In Shape for Women and following a strict diet. Fast forward to a year ago and my marriage failed. I gained back almost all of what I lost in 2009, reaching 317 lbs. again.

I moved from my home in Boston to Orlando, FL in December 2011 and have lost 30 lbs on my own since then, bringing my weight down to 287. BUT, I feel like I could be losing faster and really needed a structured program and to be held accountable, so I joined Medi this week while they were running a $100 off super starter special. I have high hopes for the diet, but its only my first day and I'm SO HUNGRY! I don't mind the lack of variety in my food, I just hate being hungry.

I weigh in next Thursday and am just trying to take things one day at a time. I am hoping for a big loss at my first weigh in to keep me motivated.

Anything that helped you when you started the diet? Also, did anyone experience any hair loss on the plan due to lack of vitamins? I have very long thick hair, and I love it, so if the diet causes me to lose any I'm going to be very sad. I am only worried because the nutritionist told me to take 5000 mcg of biotin every day for my hair and nails. Losing my hair will depress me and make me quit the diet, so I really hope it's not an issue.

I'd appreciate all comments!
babyxchaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Welcome to the site!!! I wouldn't worry about losing your hair if you are taking biotin.. She told you to take that to prevent that.. A lot of us lost hair while losing weight and turned to taking biotin and got all of our hair back.. If I knew about it before hand I would of taken it.. Now I have too much hair as you can tell by my picture..

Here is a link to a thread about biotin and everyones experiences with it.. Give it a read.. Its very informational!! Cheri and AllieCat, I just started Biotin.

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:42 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
Hi babyxchaos. You can do it!...it seems impossible at first but then hit turns in to second nature. I am restarting the plan today after beig away for 2 years so I'll be in you shoes later

Maybe we could buddy up? We are pretty much on the same schedule. I'm 28 and live in Orlando too.
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
Welcome to the site!!! I wouldn't worry about losing your hair if you are taking biotin.. She told you to take that to prevent that.. A lot of us lost hair while losing weight and turned to taking biotin and got all of our hair back.. If I knew about it before hand I would of taken it.. Now I have too much hair as you can tell by my picture..

Here is a link to a thread about biotin and everyones experiences with it.. Give it a read.. Its very informational!! Cheri and AllieCat, I just started Biotin.

cheri
Thank you for the info! (: You have tons and tons of hair, so I don't feel like I need to worry now that I'm taking biotin!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinp120 View Post
Hi babyxchaos. You can do it!...it seems impossible at first but then hit turns in to second nature. I am restarting the plan today after beig away for 2 years so I'll be in you shoes later

Maybe we could buddy up? We are pretty much on the same schedule. I'm 28 and live in Orlando too.
Thank you! I felt terrible last night, but am feeling better today. I don't love the diet...eating plain lunchmeat is not as good as I thought it would be, but on the plus side, I made some awesome scrambled egg whites this morning. I keep telling myself its only a week. Less than six days left of this. My weigh in is next Thursday at 1:30pm.

Congrats on your restart! I hope your first week goes smoothly! Which medi clinic are you going to in the Orlando area? I'm at the Winter Park one. It'd be nice to help eachother stay motivated. (:
Old 05-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nhrakat
Stats: 157/128/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Hang in there I am half way through my second week and it is getting easier for me, I have to remind myself to eat. Im having good luck with it so far...Hope you do too!!
nhrakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinp120
Stats: 5'10" 199/157/140
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 5/18/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyxchaos View Post
Thank you! I felt terrible last night, but am feeling better today. I don't love the diet...eating plain lunchmeat is not as good as I thought it would be, but on the plus side, I made some awesome scrambled egg whites this morning. I keep telling myself its only a week. Less than six days left of this. My weigh in is next Thursday at 1:30pm.

Congrats on your restart! I hope your first week goes smoothly! Which medi clinic are you going to in the Orlando area? I'm at the Winter Park one. It'd be nice to help eachother stay motivated. (:
I'm at the winter park office too. My next weigh in is next Friday at 7am. Let's definitely keep each other motivated

Kim
Dinp120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

I would die of happiness if I could have a nice salad right now, some fresh sushi or maybe a little fruit! At least I am craving healthy things instead of junk food.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MathSci
Stats: 303.5/253.0/200
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: November 26, 2013
Stay strong, Babyxchaos! The first week is hard but it gets better!
MathSci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathSci View Post
Stay strong, Babyxchaos! The first week is hard but it gets better!
Thank you! (: I;m officially in ketosis, so I hope it gets easier from here on out!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bre1972
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: May 2012
Good luck to you. The first week is the hardest I hope you weigh in went well.
bre1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Hang in there! When the weight starts dropping fast, it will all be worth it. Week two will feel like a treat!
barbwired is offline   Reply With Quote