Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   100 lbs to lose! First day of first week! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/771951-100-lbs-lose-first-day-first-week.html)

babyxchaos 05-17-2012 11:06 PM

100 lbs to lose! First day of first week!

Hello everyone! I just started the first day of my medi weightloss program/diet and I am feeling like I will never make it through the first week on such a restricted plan. Does anyone have any advice? I guess I could use some positive reinforcement too.

Here's a little about me..I'm 29...I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I started losing weight in 2009 by working out and eating a restricted calorie diet. My starting weight then was 345 lbs. I lost over 50 lbs. in 4.5 months for my wedding by attending classes at Get In Shape for Women and following a strict diet. Fast forward to a year ago and my marriage failed. I gained back almost all of what I lost in 2009, reaching 317 lbs. again.

I moved from my home in Boston to Orlando, FL in December 2011 and have lost 30 lbs on my own since then, bringing my weight down to 287. BUT, I feel like I could be losing faster and really needed a structured program and to be held accountable, so I joined Medi this week while they were running a $100 off super starter special. I have high hopes for the diet, but its only my first day and I'm SO HUNGRY! I don't mind the lack of variety in my food, I just hate being hungry.

I weigh in next Thursday and am just trying to take things one day at a time. I am hoping for a big loss at my first weigh in to keep me motivated.

Anything that helped you when you started the diet? Also, did anyone experience any hair loss on the plan due to lack of vitamins? I have very long thick hair, and I love it, so if the diet causes me to lose any I'm going to be very sad. I am only worried because the nutritionist told me to take 5000 mcg of biotin every day for my hair and nails. Losing my hair will depress me and make me quit the diet, so I really hope it's not an issue.

I'd appreciate all comments!

cheri 05-18-2012 01:20 AM

Welcome to the site!!! I wouldn't worry about losing your hair if you are taking biotin.. She told you to take that to prevent that.. A lot of us lost hair while losing weight and turned to taking biotin and got all of our hair back.. If I knew about it before hand I would of taken it.. Now I have too much hair as you can tell by my picture..

Here is a link to a thread about biotin and everyones experiences with it.. Give it a read.. Its very informational!! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vi...biotin-11.html

cheri :)

Dinp120 05-18-2012 05:42 AM

Hi babyxchaos. You can do it!...it seems impossible at first but then hit turns in to second nature. I am restarting the plan today after beig away for 2 years so I'll be in you shoes later :)

Maybe we could buddy up? We are pretty much on the same schedule. I'm 28 and live in Orlando too.

babyxchaos 05-18-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheri (Post 15662970)
Welcome to the site!!! I wouldn't worry about losing your hair if you are taking biotin.. She told you to take that to prevent that.. A lot of us lost hair while losing weight and turned to taking biotin and got all of our hair back.. If I knew about it before hand I would of taken it.. Now I have too much hair as you can tell by my picture..

Here is a link to a thread about biotin and everyones experiences with it.. Give it a read.. Its very informational!! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vi...biotin-11.html

cheri :)

Thank you for the info! (: You have tons and tons of hair, so I don't feel like I need to worry now that I'm taking biotin!

babyxchaos 05-18-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinp120 (Post 15663126)
Hi babyxchaos. You can do it!...it seems impossible at first but then hit turns in to second nature. I am restarting the plan today after beig away for 2 years so I'll be in you shoes later :)

Maybe we could buddy up? We are pretty much on the same schedule. I'm 28 and live in Orlando too.

Thank you! I felt terrible last night, but am feeling better today. I don't love the diet...eating plain lunchmeat is not as good as I thought it would be, but on the plus side, I made some awesome scrambled egg whites this morning. I keep telling myself its only a week. Less than six days left of this. My weigh in is next Thursday at 1:30pm.

Congrats on your restart! I hope your first week goes smoothly! Which medi clinic are you going to in the Orlando area? I'm at the Winter Park one. It'd be nice to help eachother stay motivated. (:

nhrakat 05-18-2012 04:16 PM

Hang in there I am half way through my second week and it is getting easier for me, I have to remind myself to eat. Im having good luck with it so far...Hope you do too!!

Dinp120 05-18-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyxchaos (Post 15664179)
Thank you! I felt terrible last night, but am feeling better today. I don't love the diet...eating plain lunchmeat is not as good as I thought it would be, but on the plus side, I made some awesome scrambled egg whites this morning. I keep telling myself its only a week. Less than six days left of this. My weigh in is next Thursday at 1:30pm.

Congrats on your restart! I hope your first week goes smoothly! Which medi clinic are you going to in the Orlando area? I'm at the Winter Park one. It'd be nice to help eachother stay motivated. (:

I'm at the winter park office too. My next weigh in is next Friday at 7am. Let's definitely keep each other motivated :)

Kim

babyxchaos 05-18-2012 08:15 PM

I would die of happiness if I could have a nice salad right now, some fresh sushi or maybe a little fruit! At least I am craving healthy things instead of junk food.

MathSci 05-19-2012 10:02 AM

Stay strong, Babyxchaos! The first week is hard but it gets better!

babyxchaos 05-19-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathSci (Post 15665878)
Stay strong, Babyxchaos! The first week is hard but it gets better!

Thank you! (: I;m officially in ketosis, so I hope it gets easier from here on out!

bre1972 05-19-2012 02:32 PM

Good luck to you. The first week is the hardest I hope you weigh in went well.

barbwired 05-25-2012 09:16 PM

Hang in there! When the weight starts dropping fast, it will all be worth it. Week two will feel like a treat!