Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MathSci
Stats: 303.5/253.0/200
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: November 26, 2013
Bought a pedometer today... let's see if it motivates me!

Bought a pedometer today when I was at Target. I've never been one to really exercise so I'm hoping that this will motivate me to at least move more during the day. Don't they recommend 10,000 steps a day? I'm sure I'm nowhere near that, but maybe I can try to get close to that number each day!
MathSci is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

A week later and I haven't even taken the pedometer out of its package Oh, well....
Old 05-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/6/11
I bought one a while back and did like using it. I found myself being more active as I lost weight.

The problem was that when my pants got loose, the pedometer didn't stay in position correctly and didn't work! It was very UNmotivating to look at it late in the day and see that it had hardly moved!!

I need to remember to wear it when I have on pants that fit.
Michelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:15 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I see what you mean! I finally took the pedometer out of its package and put it on. I went to the local track and walked 4 loops of the track with is 1 mile, but I only registered about 800 steps. I thought how do people get 10,000 steps in one day if 1 mile is only 800 steps! Then I figured out it should have registered about 2000 steps. I'm sure the fact that the pants I wore were about to fall off of me is why the pedometer messed up.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristin
Stats: 5'6.5" 142/126/125
Start Date: May 21, 2012
Does your pedometer ask you to put in your stride? I have one, and I haven't properly put in my stride, so I think the numbers are off. I'm going to go and walk what I know to be exactly one mile and see what it says later today.

I got a pedometer a couple months ago to track how much I walk on a typical day at college. Too bad it doesn't account for my 30lb book bag. That thing is killer.
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
My pedometer is programmable with weight/stride and because that is in there, it is accurate. I can have it in the pocket of my walking shorts/jeans/skirt/dress and it tallies the steps. (I can also put it in my bra and it still tallies the steps-I know TMI!) It does know if it is a "fake" step and will not record it. It also records the number of aerobic steps...10 minutes of continuous walking and it will start recording aerobic steps.

It also calculates calories burned and miles walked. It has a 7 day memory..and a newer version has a computer upload feature as well. I have it with me all day every day. I started with walking just a mile. Nowadays, I am walking 4-6 miles a day with up to 10-13 miles a day on my days off. Walking is a great way to exercise. You can speed it up and power walk, you can race walk, you can walk briskly with a cool down slower walk at the end of your time walking each day. I love it!