Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bahet
Stats: 280/208/149
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 05/03/12
Question About Cheese and Alcohol

Hubby and I both have our first appointment at Medi-weightloss tomorrow evening. So I'm trying to clear out anything we might not be allowed to have and either enjoying it or pitching it. We have some chevre (goat cheese) that is expensive and yummy so I'm wondering if some of that with some celery or something would be allowed or if I should enjoy it tonight.

Is it also safe to assume that absolutely no alcohol is allowed? We don't drink much but we do have some beer in the ridge and hubby makes mead (honey based wine but not necessarily sweet) so we have gallons of that. If I'm allowed some even if only once a week that's great. If not I'll have a beer tonight then give the rest to the neighbor. We both have a lot of weight to lose so I do't want to keep beer in the house to tempt me/go stale. The mead isn't a problem as that ages very well so I don't mind putting off a glass of that for a while.

Our neighbor recommended the place to us. She's lost 50 lbs since Jan and really only needed to lose 40-45. Hubby and I both need to lose a lot more (him about 80, me about 130). We really want to make this work. I just really don't know what to expect or if they will say that some healthy foods are off limits (like Atkins and corn) or if some unhealthy foods are OK (hubby loves jalepeno cheese hot dogs). I'm getting pretty excited/anxious.
Bahet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
basically if it has carbs in it, you cant have it the first week. my first week was deli lunch meats, shrimp cocktail (made with lo carb ketchup and dab of horse radish), chicken breast and ground chicken and mrs dash seasoning, scrambled eggs and turkey sausage, turkey pepperoni. some clinics will allow cottage cheeses (about 6 carbs) and plain greek yogurt (about 6 carbs).

as for the goat cheese, i am guessing it would be higher in fat than we are allowed and if it has any flavorings added to it, they may have carbs. herbs would be okay, but i have seen sundried tomato chevre (tomatos have carbs) and like raspberry preserves added to make chevre and that is going to have carbs in it too. you can always take the wrapper from the chevre (if there is one) and ask at the clinic. it might be ok for week 2.....

now dont go giving everything away, at my clinic the first week they gave you a shopping tote and take home and fill. if you brought it back full, you got a $35 clinic credit. they take the food and donate it to a local food pantry.
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
oh alcohol, my clinic says no for first 30 days. i am not to 30 days yet (friday) so i dont know what they will say after that....
LTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
The first week is mainly going no to very low carb. Most beers have carbs in them, even mich ultra has like 2 or so. If you can avoid it for one week untill you get into ketosis you will be able to incorporate a few carbs back in, but really by the 2nd week you just want some dang veggies There are all kinds of recipes on this section of the website that list safe or not for acute phase. My clinic allowed for cottage cheese and / or yogurt on week one, but you can ask the clinic about the cheese, it may have more fat than they prefer but if you count the calories and they have no carbs it may be ok.