Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Introducing myself (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/768255-introducing-myself.html)

practicemakeperfct 04-18-2012 11:05 AM

Introducing myself

:hiya:I have been lurking here for awhile and I wanted to jump in and introduce myself.

I have had 2 babies in 2 years. They are 16 months apart. I had infertility to conceive our first and gained over 30 lbs, on top of the 20 I was already carrying around, doing infertility treatments. None of those treatments worked for us, but we wound up getting pregnant on our own after trying for 33 cycles! After I had our son in July 2010 and stopped breastfeeding in January 2011, I was up to 191 pounds! I started Medi Weight loss in January 2011 and got down to 168 lbs before finding out I was pregnant again that April ! Very suprised (and overjoyed!) to say the least!

Now that I have had my beautiful daughter and we have stopped breastfeeding, I am happy to say that I am not far from where I left off this time last year at 171 lbs. Oh, and I had my tubes tied in January so no more suprise babies. :p

I love my kids more than anything in the world and I wouldnt change a thing but my body took a real beating with my pregnancies. I was high risk both times, on bed rest for a lot of both pregnancies as well. My muscle tone is improving but still quite poor. I also work full time at an office and I am chained to the desk most of the day so that doesnt help. I am trying to get up and walk a few times a day.

I am 5'6". My first goal is to get to wedding weight which about 145 lbs. At that time I will assess if I want to keep going and get under 130. My dream weight is 127lbs....high school weight. Not sure if that is do-able since I am pushing 40 and dont have much time to exercise, besides taking the kids on stroller rides! My biggest concern with the diet is how my body will respond since I am still up every 3 hours to feed my baby girl. I think the sleep deprevation might slow me down some. :dunno:

Anyway, I know the program works and I am excited to be restarting. I went in yesterday and got my shots and prescription. I started everything today. My weigh in will be on Tuesdays! :up:

If anyone wants to buddy up that would be great!:D

LTinNC 04-18-2012 11:12 AM

welcome and good luck!

i am lisa. i have been on medi for 3 weeks. weigh ins on fridays.

nice to "meet" ya!

MiniMomma 04-18-2012 02:45 PM

I am sure you will do fine, even sleep deprived :) I originally set my goal at 135 and since I seem to just be steady with the loss I changed it to my dream goal of 125! I only have 2 nights a week of Karate other than random walking so I understand the excercise issue but I have to say i think most of it is what you put in your mouth! Stick with it and you will lose :high5:

schleprock 04-18-2012 08:38 PM

welcome and good luck on your journey