Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Heading into Week 2... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/766020-heading-into-week-2-a.html)

peanut73 04-02-2012 05:25 PM

Heading into Week 2...

Hi everyone! This site has been so helpful to me! Today's my last day of week 1 and I feel great! I can't believe how much energy I have and really have not been hungry (I'm not taking any appetite suppressants). Just looking for some feedback from others who have done MWL. I'm a bit confused about when we start adding in more foods. I know fruit and veggies will be week 2. But I see people posting about other foods, protein bars, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated. And I'll keep you all posted on my weight loss to tomorrow!

Jessica1129 04-02-2012 08:26 PM

Hi peanut! Congrats on making it through week 1. Its a lot easier after that. As far as the protein bars go, I was allowed to have them in week 2. I got a handout about different protein bars in week 2. They add a nice variety. I don't use the appetite suppressants either, and its been easier to stick to than I imagined. Especially once you get more food options. Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow!!

JD29 04-03-2012 06:44 AM

I have a medi peanut butter bar each day for my mid morning snack. It is the only food I actually look forward to. I highly recommend them. You will get vegetables after your week 1 weigh in. I am almost 10 weeks in and still have not gotten fruit, but I also don't want the extra sugar. I know a lot of people get fruit in week 2 or 3 but my clinic (and me) are going with "If it ain't broke..." approach. I am averaging 4lbs lost a week and have lost 45 lbs of fat in 9 weeks, so I'm not doing anything different.

Hyeager 04-03-2012 08:12 PM

I start week 2 tomorrow too! Looking forward to learning more about food varieties and what I can eat (and what I lost last week) good luck to you tomorrow!

peaches0416 04-11-2012 11:54 AM

Peanut73 - how did you do on your first weight in. I am now on week 2 started March 31 and 1st week weight in I lost 8 lbs (5 fat, 3 water) I was so happy. I'm afraid this week will be so much less I'll get discouraged. How did everyone do on their second weight in? sincerely, worried.

Wease 05-19-2012 06:14 PM

Hi Peanut -

Just starting out and saw that you didn't do appetite suppressants. Any recommendations or helpful hints? Sure would appreciate it!

Wease

kknowles80 05-20-2012 11:19 AM

Peaches, it's normal to lose more your first week than you continue to lose, but don't get disheartened. I lost 12 pounds week 1 and 4 pounds week 2, but in two weeks time, that is significant. Focus on the other numbers, too. How much fat did you lose, is your BMI coming down? Those are helpful in keeping you encouraged.

nhrakat 05-21-2012 07:31 PM

I'm going in tomorrow for my second weigh in..really worried because the appetite suppressant is not working like it use to and I have only been taking it for 12 days...it is what has kept me on track, I do not know how you guys can do it without them :dunno:...I am discouraged today fighting eating some ice cream...I hope once I get the injections in the morning it will help!