Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
**An Awesome April for MWL**

It is April already! Can you believe it? And along with April, here comes Easter...and Spring Break season. And gorgeous weather that is just perfect for exercise outdoors - enjoy the blue skies, and sunshine, and flowers and Springtime! Spring is the time for new beginnings, for new dedication to MWL and your journey to weight loss and a new WOE that will be a lifelong change for you. It will bring good health and benefits too numerous to list.

MWL truly is the one that works! You CAN do this!

Jo (desert-rose7)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JD29
Stats: 236.5/188.2/175
Start Date: January 2012
After 9 weeks, I am down 34.3 pounds and weighing in at 202.2. My first mini goal of being under 200 unofficially became a reality this morning on my scale...199.8. Can't wait for Thursday to get the official number. In 2 1/2 months, I have lost 55 lbs. of body fat and have gone from a 42" pants to 36". And those are getting loose, too....

I truly appreciate everyone sharing their successes, struggles, tips, and support on this board. That, with the support of my wife (also doing this with me), and my commitment to learning how to eat healthier, has made this journey an incredible one so far, and I look forward to continuing on to my ultimate goal of 175.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
Great job JD!!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hello hello. Reintroducing myself and jumping into a week 1. Approaching my 2nd anniversary of reaching goal via Medi. I've slid back into my old ways, unfortunately. Busy life and putting myself on the back burner. Maintenance is the most stressful part but even harder is admitting defeat and getting back ON the wagon again and stay there. Oof.

Can someone remind me of where I can get the ketosis strips? Was it Walgreens? What is it called and in what isle? I can't seem to find them.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Erin, good to see you! I just finished another week one myself. Keostix. Walgreen's has them - last time I bought them, they had them BEHIND the counter tho, so I had to ask for them. Good seeing you, friend!!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Ah good to know! And GREAT to see you, Lea! Will we ever reach the finish line, friend? lol Ya know I just have to laugh because if I don't, I will CRY. How was it doing a week 1 all over again?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

There is no finish line! DANGIT! I really want there to be, but there just isn't.

Week 1 was okay - third day I was so hungry and grumpy and had a whopping headahce, then day four in ketosis like I was supposed to be and felt a heck of a lot better!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Good to hear. So hard to be motivated again. I look so gross though and I'm tired all the time. Something has to give.

Just reviewed this thread and all of my meals: Energy In (Food) and Energy Out (Exercise) This was such a great resource for me. Starting tomorrow morning.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

You got this, Erin. It is REALLY hard to restart, but you'll do great! And I know you don't look gross - you couldn't. I'll be thnking of you tomorrow! GOOD LUCK!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Lea. Off to the grocery store for my turkey products and mustard! lol

xoxox
Old 04-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schleprock
Stats: 319/261/219
WOE: Medi
Start Date: February 28 2012
I got my first April weigh in..down 2.7lbs..of which 2.6lbs was fat lost Woo Hoo
Old 04-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Erin,
Bayer makes Ketostix and almost all pharmacies have them...Lea is correct..they are behind the counter so you do need to ask for them.

As for me, My ACL acted up again and so I was given a strict order to limit my walking to what I walk for daily...not the long 6 miles I am used to..just around the house and at work, to and from the car etc...to let this old ACL heal up properly. I am finally at the end of the six months....and unhappily I too, have to go back to a "restart". First time in four years I have had to face the music. I know what caused the 24 pounds..no exercise. But as I restarted with week one, I also restarted my exercise so all is well. I did this before and I can do it again. First week, I was down 3 pounds...so I am on my way. I have stayed in touch with my clinic since I went into Wellness so they knew what was going on and welcomed me back and are encouraging me as always. I really love my "peeps". So onward we go, we have done this once, we can do it again!

And Lea is correct in that this is an ongoing process...watchful and taking good care of ourselves! Hugs to all!

Jo
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I have really considered going back to the clinic. I just was not all that impressed with their support during maintenance though. Truly, the fact that I had to pay $70 a week kept me in check more than anything! If I fail yet again, though, I will go back...

I really need a workout buddy. I hate doing this by myself. No one wants to go with me. Not even my dog! lol

PS - While I don't wish anyone to backtrack like I have, I find comfort in knowing you are starting over as well, Jo, because I know you'll be sharing your words of wisdom with us all!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!

Last edited by eptexy; 04-02-2012 at 12:13 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gemini6860
Stats: 192/170.8/150
Start Date: March 2, 2012
Hello MWL friends. Tomorrow I begin Week #5. Amazingly, and sadly, it appears that I haven't lost any weight this week. That said, I'm "feeling" slimmer, so will just keep on doing what I've been doing....following the plan to a T. I hope to God I have better results next week.

Congrats for YOUR success and welcome newcomers!

Donna
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
I had my weigh in today and was down 1.5 lbs. That brings me to 33.5 so far! Good luck everyone on your weigh ins this week!!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

So frustrated. So the MyPlate feature on Livestrong will not let you allot less than like 820 calories now. I used to be able to trick it by saying I was like, 2 feet tall, but it won't let me do that now. Ugh!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 287.0/210.6/215.3
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 28 2012
IN 5 WEEKS LOST 25.8 LBS !!!!

Good afternoon all too all you losers out there!!!

Today I had my 6th weigh in on the program and lost 3.3 lbs !!!!

To first goal weight 10% of Body Weight
Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Well I paid for the "Gold" membership so it's really to my advantage to lose it. Blah. I did figure out a work around though. I just put in 300 blank calories as a "filler" to every day. 800 is the lowest it goes. I can't see how many I've actually eaten but it will tell me how many I have less. It's all good.

Today has been tough. I made the mistake of carbing and wine-ing up last night as my last hoo-rah so I woke up hungry. I've stuck with it though and am feeling pretty strong. I've forgotten how hard week 1 is...
Old 04-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyg-fit-in-2012 View Post
Good afternoon all too all you losers out there!!!

Today I had my 6th weigh in on the program and lost 3.3 lbs !!!!

To first goal weight 10% of Body Weight
SWEET!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Man it is quiet in here! I have to come here multiple times a day to keep me on track. I'll just talk to myself if I have to. lol

Gemini - Just wait until next week - I would bet money that you will more than make up for it!

I'm so happy I'm in ketosis this morning. LARGE ketosis too and I know for sure it's not dehydration because I'm drinking 120 oz of water for the last 2 days. It feels so so good to be back in (almost) control. I had quite honestly forgotten what being hungry felt like. I had gotten to the point of almost always overeating.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loreleileigh
Stats: 209.5/185.4/113
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May 3, 2013
Hello everyone, I've been mostly lurking here for a while, but I thought I'd go ahead and post to the monthly thread and officially introduce myself.

I started Medi at the beginning of March. I just had my fifth week weigh in (a couple of days early, since my clinic is closed this week on Friday, which is my normal weigh-in day). I have lost 14 lbs to date. I know a lot of people lose a lot more quicker than I have, but I'm pretty happy with my results. I wasn't too happy with my 0.8 lb loss this week, but I think that was mostly related to TOM water rentention. So I'm hoping for a big loss next week!

I started a diet prior to Medi, after I went to the doctor and she gave me three months to lower my blood pressure before putting me on meds. So I've lost a total of 20 lbs this year, which is better than I have done in a while on any sort of diet plan.

I go back to the doctor in a couple of weeks and I expecting her to be very pleased with my progress.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi." Finding this forum has really helped me stick with the diet. It's actually been much easier than I imagined. It's exciting to think that I could probably reach my goal weight by the end of the year.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Nice to meet you, Loreleileigh!! There have been many weeks that TOM has messed with my stats but it makes the next weigh-in all that much more exciting! Glad you are here!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
another 1.4 lost this week Glad to see everyone is doing great, new job has me busy busy but still losing and lurking when I can!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Erin - it sounds like you're REALLY off to a great start - in large ketosis and checking the boards. I haven't posted in ages - until I saw your post this week, but I still pop in every once in a while. By the sound of it, you'll be back to goal in no time. I gained a lot of weight back so my second round is going to take a lot longer than it will take for you. However, I'm more comitted to making this a LIFESTYLE change than ever before! We can do it!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I am embarrassed to be coming back, but it needs to be done. Some of you may remember me. I lost 45lbs on Medi that was almost 2 years ago. I have gained my weight back. But I'm not going to dwell on it, I'm just going to start again. I am doing it this time without the appetite suppresant. It's going to be SUPER hard, but I think in the long run it will help me out. I am hoping you guys can keep me accountable. Along with losing the weight last time I started running, and a year ago I ran a half marathon. Well I started eating poorly and stopped running which is what contributed to my weight gain. So on top of eating the Medi way again, I have also started running again. My official start date is actually on Monday. I am doing my grocery shopping tomorrow, and will probably start a little early, since I already know what I am doing. Please wish me luck. I plan to be here a lot.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
By the way that picture of me is from my lowest weight, I hope to be there again soon!

I will also add that in the past 2 months we have had big life changes (and I've gained 10lbs in 2 months). My husband took a new job and we are moving from Florida to Missouri, away from my parents. We've lived her for 12 years. I have 3 girls (ages 9, 7 and 4), and it's kind of hard on them, but we're looking forward to the change. Stress hasn't helped me lately

Does anyone have any suggestion on suppliments to take to help control appetite if I'm not taking the AP suppressant?

Last edited by lins; 04-05-2012 at 07:44 PM..
Old 04-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gemini6860
Stats: 192/170.8/150
Start Date: March 2, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Good morning! Man it is quiet in here! I have to come here multiple times a day to keep me on track. I'll just talk to myself if I have to. lol

Gemini - Just wait until next week - I would bet money that you will more than make up for it!

I'm so happy I'm in ketosis this morning. LARGE ketosis too and I know for sure it's not dehydration because I'm drinking 120 oz of water for the last 2 days. It feels so so good to be back in (almost) control. I had quite honestly forgotten what being hungry felt like. I had gotten to the point of almost always overeating.
Eptexy, thanks so much for the support!! My official weigh-in is Saturday morning and I can't wait! My home scale as of this morning says I've lost 4 lbs! I'm thinking I might top that by Saturday. Also....people are starting to notice my loss, which is wonderfully encouraging! So, thank you again. And congratulations on ketosis! You're going to have great success! :-) Donna/Gemini
Old 04-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back, Lins! Dont' be embarrassed about coming back. If this was easy, the whole world would be thin. I'm back too and am really curious if anyone answers the appetite suppressant question. I never used them last time and lost 75 pounds without them, but if there was something available, I think I'd take a jump start this time. Anyway, welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I am embarrassed to be coming back, but it needs to be done. Some of you may remember me. I lost 45lbs on Medi that was almost 2 years ago. I have gained my weight back. But I'm not going to dwell on it, I'm just going to start again. I am doing it this time without the appetite suppresant. It's going to be SUPER hard, but I think in the long run it will help me out. I am hoping you guys can keep me accountable. Along with losing the weight last time I started running, and a year ago I ran a half marathon. Well I started eating poorly and stopped running which is what contributed to my weight gain. So on top of eating the Medi way again, I have also started running again. My official start date is actually on Monday. I am doing my grocery shopping tomorrow, and will probably start a little early, since I already know what I am doing. Please wish me luck. I plan to be here a lot.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Erin - it sounds like you're REALLY off to a great start - in large ketosis and checking the boards. I haven't posted in ages - until I saw your post this week, but I still pop in every once in a while. By the sound of it, you'll be back to goal in no time. I gained a lot of weight back so my second round is going to take a lot longer than it will take for you. However, I'm more comitted to making this a LIFESTYLE change than ever before! We can do it!
Lea, you are always so supportive and SUCH an inspiration to me! I've always thought we were kindred spirits in this journey. I hope to get back to goal soon but we both know the difficult part begins at that point.

Hang in there over Easter weekend. It will be a tough one for me for sure...
Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
By the way that picture of me is from my lowest weight, I hope to be there again soon!

I will also add that in the past 2 months we have had big life changes (and I've gained 10lbs in 2 months). My husband took a new job and we are moving from Florida to Missouri, away from my parents. We've lived her for 12 years. I have 3 girls (ages 9, 7 and 4), and it's kind of hard on them, but we're looking forward to the change. Stress hasn't helped me lately

Does anyone have any suggestion on suppliments to take to help control appetite if I'm not taking the AP suppressant?
Lins, so happy to hear from you! Even in these circumstances... A few of us are back at our 2 year mark so you are in good company. We can do this together.
Closed Thread