Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Mary - read the links - the ketosticks was funny!! Saw the JUDDD thing too, so no need for further explanation on that. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Lea, I was just thinking - my clinic told me not to go over 30g carbs and if possible to keep it even lower than that. Maybe that's the magic number? And if you're eating very close or just a bit over that consistently (resulting in trace ketones) and all of that water - it actually makes sense that you would wouldn't read ketonic. Is that a word? It is now!!

As for the weight loss stall, again.... I feel ya sister. Just have to keep on keeping on. I keep reminding myself that even if I don't get that last 7 pounds off again, I will at least be getting healthy. Maybe I'll lose inches when all is said and done. Not giving up. Just rationalizing. I was 130.8 this morning.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Erin, maybe you're right because I do take my carbs up to 30 and sometimes even a little over. Looks like I really need to strive for 25 just to be sure. I planned today's menu and if I stick to it, I'll be at 18. I SHOULD be back in tomorrow.

My scale is the other thing. I need to update my week three. I told you I GAINED a pound after my crazy eating during saturday's tornadoes. I'm back down to where I was before that, but not even by a whole pound. I want this crap to FALL off me. It jumped on me this time - can't it just jump off? Grrr.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Help with the initials - What's JUDDD and HITT?? Thank you!

Erin, I do drink all the water - usually about TWICE what is indicated. Of course most of it is Crystal Light, but my fluid intake is gallons. I've heard that drinking a LOT of water can dilute the ketones in the urine so they're not detectable on the sticks. Maybe that's part of it?

I did add some fiber and am almost second guessing that. I'm sure somewhere there are digestible fibers? What if they count in my carb total? Ack. By this time last time, I'd lost 19 puonds. This time a little over 10.

Mary, I'm going to check out your links. Thanks for providing them!
Glad you found the links. HIIT is high intensity interval training. I'm doing the beginners amount, starting with 30 seconds of activity followed by 30 seconds of rest, for 5 rounds.......IF I can make it through I'll do more rounds. You can pick your activity......running (treadmill or outside) elliptical, bike, swimming, jumping rope, jumping jacks etc. On youtube do a search for HIIT for beginners (I think) that will take you to this guy from the UK who says all ypou need is 3 minutes. Then another trainer says that with HIIT you continue to burn calories (it raises your metabolism) for up to 36 hrs. IF you switch it up with your regular wookout it will "confuse" your body into buring more calories all the time, since your body can't adapt to an ever changing activity.

The more you advance with HIIT, you work up to (or maybe you're fit enough to even start at this level.....I'm sure NOT) 10 or 20 minutes, and do your activity for twice the length of time that you "rest".......resting will amount to a lower level of intensity of the activity. Do a google search, there is LOTS of info and videos

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 04-19-2012 at 09:17 AM..
Old 04-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I had an awful time staying in ketosis the first time around. This was even more true when I started running. It stressed me out so much that I just stopped testing. I kept losing so I wasn't worried about it and neither was my clinic. I tested this time on day 5 to see if I made it in, but I haven't tested since. My guess is that I'm not in right now because I have eaten too many carbs, but I'm not going to stress about it. As long as I am losing I will be happy. If I stop losing for more than a week, then I will try to get in ketosis and see if that helps. Also when I was staying strictly to my 500 calories the first time around, every 6 weeks or so i would have to go up to about 850 calories, for a day or two, and then drop back down. I still didn't eat carbs, I just increased my carbs, and changed up what I ate for a day. The clinic told me I need to keep my body guessing every few weeks.

I am headed to Epcot for the weekend. As long as I maintain I will be happy. Not working on losing this weekend, but we shall see. Then my husband leaves and will be gone for the next 7 weeks. I would be THRILLED to lose 10+lbs while he is gone, so he can really see a difference when he comes back (to help pack and move). That will give me motivation!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Birdie31
Stats: 155/137/138
WOE: Medi fast
Start Date: 03/26/2012
How many carbs a day and grams of Fat

Please help?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
I think everyone is different, I try to stay around 10 carbs, but max of 20. I was at 20 but since my loss was slowing my clinic had me drop to about 10 and really make sure I didnt go over the 20 mark.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
I asked my clinic about fat grams and they told me not to count those yet, just to eat relatively low fat. And for carbs they told me 30-35. I think its different for everyone though.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Birdie31
Stats: 155/137/138
WOE: Medi fast
Start Date: 03/26/2012
Thanks I feel like I am at a plateau kind of I am 5'7 and at 141 right now which is a good wait for me but i would like to be 135-139 just because I have never been there. I feel that my body has adjusted to this lifestyle. So maybe I should lower the carbs. I dont think I can do 500 calories. I am around 850? Should I lower it?

How long does it take to get your body to ketosis I feel like I am going in and out of it, is that even possible?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
are miracle noodles better than the shiritaki noodles of a different brand? i cant remember the brand name, but i have found them in harris teeter and food lion and whole foods. i have not tried either, but thought someone on here might can tell me if the store bought ones are ok or should i just order the miracle ones?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTinNC View Post
are miracle noodles better than the shiritaki noodles of a different brand? i cant remember the brand name, but i have found them in harris teeter and food lion and whole foods. i have not tried either, but thought someone on here might can tell me if the store bought ones are ok or should i just order the miracle ones?
The Miracle Noodles are also called shirataki (on their package) but are made from Glucomannan which makes them ALMOST carb free, and are ZERO calories, soy free, and gluten free. The brands in most stores (I buy mine at Publix) are not the same as Miracle Noodles. Look on Netrition and read up on them. There are also several threads both here on Mediweightloss, as well as on the main LCF boards devoted to Miracle Noodles (do a search). I have used both, but personally I like the Miracle Noodles brand, and especially like the "rice" or angle hair ones better than the thick noodles.....but that's just MHO I think it's either people LOVE them or HATE them. They are NOT regular pasta, but they work for us
Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

thanks mary. i did do a search and i still had questions. yes, i compared the labels too.....i ordered a pack of angle hair miracle from amazon. looking forward to trying them tonite.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 287.0/210.6/215.3
Start Date: February 28 2012
who would have thought 52 days ago .....

I would walk 12.5 Miles on my daily walk !!!! Just love all the new energy since losing 30+ Pounds
Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTinNC View Post
thanks mary. i did do a search and i still had questions. yes, i compared the labels too.....i ordered a pack of angle hair miracle from amazon. looking forward to trying them tonite.
I have a standing order for the angel hair, and now thinking I may need to do that with the rice one too.

What questions do you have? Maybe I can help. On the package it says to rinse in cold water then blanch or something, but the rinsing directions I first read here on Medi, was to drain off the liquid they're in, then rinse WELL (they have a fishy smell) in cold water, then put in a bowl with a little vinegar, and water.....I let them soak for a few minutes (like maybe 3 - 5) then I drain and rinse in cold water again.....they say to blot, but I just drain them and add them to whatever I'm fixing, just to warm through.

I used to have to hold my breath when I was opening the bag to dump into the strainer......I don't have to do that any more, but do try to do it quickly!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

i will make sure to hold my breath and maybe open a window too! it will give my family a new food smell to complain about! they hate the smell of eggs and tuna....staples in my diet now! maybe i will give them each a clothespin! ha.

i read susie's prep directions, too, so i think i am ready to try them!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

miracle noodle update....i am a miracle noodle LOVER! mild fish smell.. nothing bad...about as offensive as a can of tuna, to me. i used the rinse, soak in vinegar and pat dry. then 1/2 cup no sugar sp sauce and 1 tbsp parm cheese and heated. i feel like i ate a normal dinner! well, minus the garlic bread.....

thanks for all the advice !
Old 04-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #167
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrs_d
Stats: 224.5/181/110
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 04/07/2012
Just had my first miracle noodle experience tonight and I have to say that I sure am glad that I ordered the variety pack ( 33 dollars approximately with free shipping on the miracle noodle website). Had angel hair with modified chicken parm and it was delicious and so filling. I made sure to clear it with my clinic first ( I'm only on my third week) and the dietician says that they are pretty much freebies... always good news.

My problem with dieting is that I get bored really quickly if I don't vary my food. There is nothing I hate more than feeling like I am deprived. Miracle noodles just opened up a whole new world of possibilities and now more than ever I am convinced that I can do this for the long haul. I think definitely though that miracle noodles and rice will be perfect tor Asian noodle recipes.

I am so proud of everyone! You all have and continue to inspire me.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Oh I LOVE miracle noodles too! I actually get the shirataki tofu ones though. Not free but close to it. I drain and rinse them well, add a little red wine vinegar, then stick them in a pan with cooking spray and sautee them some. It dehydrates them really well. I cut them up quite a bit also. Last night I put in sautéed onions and bell peppers, cajun seasoning, sliced tomato/basil chicken sausage I got at costco, and some shrimp. Then I put in a laughing cow cheese wedge and beat the crud out of it so it was a sort of cream sauce. Tasted like jambalaya!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

I got some fat measurement calipers that are $5 right now on Amazon. They're supposed to be more accurate than the Tanita scales. So relieved that I am 24% fat vs 27-30% fat!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Well I am back too. Its been two years since I took off the weight but as I described to one of my friends - I never felt like I really stabilized in the weight loss. I also laugh and say that I told myself I didn't want to be fat when I turned 50 - but forgot to add 51, 52, etc... So here I am - and I see with some of my previous medi friends.
I know the plan works - and maintenance is hard - but I am not going to give up. It is a lifetime program for me.
So I weigh in on Tuesday - I have been doing 800 calories for the past week...
I know by my clothes that it will be a bit of a sad moment when I go to the clinic but I am ready. Good to see the posts by everyone.

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it
Old 04-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
OK - its been three years - just saw my start date on my post ; 0
Old 04-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #172
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Herewego
Stats: 198.2/181.5/160
WOE: Medi wt loss
Start Date: February 21,2010
Well I must share that I really feel like I overcame a hurdle this week. I tend to be a stress eater & this week I found out a very close friend was diagnosed w stage 4 lung and kidney cancer...usually news like that would send me right to the donuts... I had a glass of wine... Couldn't stomach dinner...but right back on plan the next day and instead of giving in to old habits..I did week 3 of couch to 5k program and walk/ran 3.5 miles. I felt better than I would have had if i had stuffed my feelings down w food. Weigh in is Monday..I forgot to go in and get my mid wk shots..they seem to make a difference for me... We ll see what happens at weigh in time.... And the journey continues...
Old 04-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 287.0/210.6/215.3
Start Date: February 28 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
Well I must share that I really feel like I overcame a hurdle this week. I tend to be a stress eater & this week I found out a very close friend was diagnosed w stage 4 lung and kidney cancer...usually news like that would send me right to the donuts... I had a glass of wine... Couldn't stomach dinner...but right back on plan the next day and instead of giving in to old habits..I did week 3 of couch to 5k program and walk/ran 3.5 miles. I felt better than I would have had if i had stuffed my feelings down w food. Weigh in is Monday..I forgot to go in and get my mid wk shots..they seem to make a difference for me... We ll see what happens at weigh in time.... And the journey continues...
Great Job praying for your friend
Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #174
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Herewego
Stats: 198.2/181.5/160
WOE: Medi wt loss
Start Date: February 21,2010
Thank you Andy!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gemini6860
Stats: 192/170.8/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: March 2, 2012
Hello MWL peeps! I haven't logged on in weeks and made the mistake of not keeping track of my daily foods. I didn't eat any foods I shouldn't have, but found myself more hungry and indulging in an extra piece of turkey bacon or laughing cow cheese. Yesterday was the end of Week #6 and lost 3.6 over a 2-week period. I've lost a total of 21.2 lbs....psyched! I'm hoping now that I'm back on this site and logging in my foods, I'll make even better progress going forward.

I've been putting off buying new clothes, but have a work event in Chicago on 5/2, so have to buy a dress next weekend. Hmmmm, I wonder what size I'll be!!!!! :-)
Old 04-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #176
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrs_d
Stats: 224.5/181/110
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 04/07/2012
Hi everyone!

I have to congratulate myself tonight on making the right food choices! I forgot to prepare food for work and had to go to the cafeteria. I ended up choosing just a plain chicken breast and half a cup of beans. I am always afraid that I will eat the wrong thing, but tonight reminded me that I have it in me to stick with this!

Everyone is doing really really well... so proud of everybody!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0nOhSo/]

Last edited by mrs_d; 04-22-2012 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: additional information needed
Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this!

I have to weigh in this afternoon after work. This morning I tried on three different outfits for work and each time I put one on, I got on the scale to see which of the three weighed the less. My husband said I was nuts and I should not worry about it. Has anyone else done this. I would wear the same clothes every week but I am afraid someone at work will notice.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

no, you are not the only one who weighs an outfit!! i am guilty, too! good luck at the weigh in!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbhayward View Post
I have to weigh in this afternoon after work. This morning I tried on three different outfits for work and each time I put one on, I got on the scale to see which of the three weighed the less. My husband said I was nuts and I should not worry about it. Has anyone else done this. I would wear the same clothes every week but I am afraid someone at work will notice.
I used to wear the same thing each week to weigh in.....then when I changed sizes I'd try on a few different outfits to see which one weighed the least and when I found it, I'd wear that one to each weigh in.

I wouldn't worry about your co-workers noticing the same outfit weekly.....they WILL notice you getting smaller.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
Start Date: February 1, 2012
I had my weigh in today and was down 2lbs, but lost 4 in fat! Its been 12 weeks since I started and I'm down 40lbs!
Closed Thread