Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Ok Medi friends. What do you do to curb that insatiable need for something crunchy???

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IrishCarebear
Stats: 255/218/160
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 27, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site, but have been on Medi for the past three weeks. I have a question about Peanut butter... Can you eat it? Is there a special type? Can you eat regular Jif Creamy Peanut Butter? Just wondering because I would love to add some to my protein shakes or on celery.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
For crunchy, I like nuts

Peanut Butter is a trigger food for me so I try really hard not to eat it. But I did when I did Medi the first time. I make my own peanut butter (just raw peanuts, and peanut oil in a blender). My Clinic was fine with that. But like I said it was a trigger for me so once I had it I couldn't stop myself from wanting it all the time.

I went to a birthday party today and avoided the cake. They had hamburgers for lunch so I ate that (no bun of course), with some mustard. I had some food in my car if I needed it but I liked that I could eat the hamburger like everyone else. No one asked me why I wasn't eating the bread. I did eat half a piece of candy (my daughter tasted it and didn't like it, so I ate it), it was about the size of a starburst. It just made me realize how quickly though 1 piece could turn into a whole bag (thankfully it did not). So I am feeling good about today.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012 - June 9, 2012; restart Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCarebear View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site, but have been on Medi for the past three weeks. I have a question about Peanut butter... Can you eat it? Is there a special type? Can you eat regular Jif Creamy Peanut Butter? Just wondering because I would love to add some to my protein shakes or on celery.
Hi IrishCarebear! My clinic says to count peanut butter as your healthy fat. They told me the kind I can have is "smart balance".
Old 04-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

I have a Vitamix and we make homemade peanut butter all the time. We just put dry roasted peanuts and that is IT. No oil or anything. There is a container in the fridge staring at me right now and I can hardly stand it.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IrishCarebear
Stats: 255/218/160
Start Date: March 27, 2012
Thank you everyone for you Peanut Butter comments! I really appreciate it! I will also ask during my appointment on Tuesday.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/165/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Well I weighed this morning and no lie - it took me a full week to lose the 2 lbs I gained from Easter dinner. And I didn't even indulge THAT much at all... ugh. Trying to remember that this is week 2 and losses are naturally slow anyway. DH just said - "omg well don't ever eat pizza again!" Boo.

Barb - how many carbs do the pure protein shakes have? Curious.
The vanilla is 23g protein, 110 calories, 4g carbs, 2g fiber and 1g sugars. I count it as 2 net carbs. They come room temp but need to be chilled.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

It's a new week. My first weigh-in is tomorrow. I am excited to be through week one. I am going to be at Epcot this weekend for 4 nights/5days. My husband is speaking at the Flower and Garden Festival. We have a room with a fridge so I am going to pack foods to take with me. I only plan to eat one meal a day in the parks. Epcot has lots of options so it shouldn't be too bad. I may go up a little in calories but I won't eat carbs. I will also get lots of exercise.

The sad thing about this week is that Thursday is my husbands last day at his job. He leaves next week to move to Missouri and my girls and I will follow him in June when the girls get out of school. It's a little weird to think that after living here for 12 years we are really making the change. That's not Medi related, but it does affect my mood, so it will also affect my feeling like I need to comfort myself with food. Which I REFUSE to do. Wish me luck!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
I wish you luck, Lins. Stress is still my downfall. Saturday's tornado outbreak had me reaching for bad stuff all day. We only had minor damage -but less than a 1 mile away, a disaster. I've got to learn this skill - not eating in moments of crisis. Last time on Medi, I NEVER indulged in comfort food - EVER, but once in maintenance, I did all the time. Anyway, back to strict week one yesterday, today and tomorrow and hopefully I'll be back in ketosis.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

So glad you are ok and only minor damage, Lea. I love spring but hate all of the terrifying weather it brings. Stress is my downfall as well.

Lins, hang in there! I hate to say this but if my husband left for a couple of months, I would do so much better on Medi. He is a junk food junkie and keeps sneaking stuff in. lol

I'm making homemade beef jerky today. The recipe that was posted on here. Excited!!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

My husband doesn't eat sugar at all, he just doesn't like sweets. He doesn't eat "heatlthy" but he doesn't eat sweets/breads/snacks, and he's thin. He also runs. He doesn't have to worry about his weight at all (and neither does his family....even his dad and grandfather). And although he has never been negative about my weight at all, he does wish I were smaller (and I don't blame him). So I always feel bad about snacking when he is around.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
It's a new week. My first weigh-in is tomorrow. I am excited to be through week one. I am going to be at Epcot this weekend for 4 nights/5days. My husband is speaking at the Flower and Garden Festival. We have a room with a fridge so I am going to pack foods to take with me. I only plan to eat one meal a day in the parks. Epcot has lots of options so it shouldn't be too bad. I may go up a little in calories but I won't eat carbs. I will also get lots of exercise.

The sad thing about this week is that Thursday is my husbands last day at his job. He leaves next week to move to Missouri and my girls and I will follow him in June when the girls get out of school. It's a little weird to think that after living here for 12 years we are really making the change. That's not Medi related, but it does affect my mood, so it will also affect my feeling like I need to comfort myself with food. Which I REFUSE to do. Wish me luck!
OMG I'm right there with you......after all of our financial woes (which I STILL believe are blessings in disguise) our house is up for short sale, and our plan is to move closer to our (adult) kids in Jacksonville. I've started packing, but it's scary. We're not sure when we'll go or where we will live once there.

We were seperated just like you and your DH, once for several months while Bill took a new position, and the kids and I waited until school was out. The time goes fast, since you'll be "single-parenting", and it will give you each a new appreciation for each other.

I love EPCOT's Flower and Garden show (haven't been there for a few years) What does he do for a living if I may ask?

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 04-17-2012, 05:02 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

My husband for the next 3 days is the director of horticutlture at Bok Tower Gardens. But his new job in Missouri is to be the Director of Lovett Pinetum. So basiclly he does horticulture for gardens, thus the gig at the Flower and Garden festival.

I weighed in today at am down -5lbs. I am happy with that. Looking forward to those numbers going down even more.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Lins Bok Tower is beautiful....I'm so impressed! I'm really in to gardening etc so love to go to "gardens" around the area!

Congrats on the -5 lb. I didn't weigh this morning as DH was running late for his volunteer position......just as well I'm feeling "puffy"
Old 04-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

He's worked at Bok Tower for 12 years. It is a beautiful place, we are sad to be leaving, but ready for a change, and felt we needed to make it before our girls hit middle/high school. The Pinetum that he is going to is also a very beautiful place. It's not open to the public yet but they hope to get it that way in the next few years, that will be party of his job.

I order pizza for my family tonight for dinner, and didn't eat any of it. I had a bowl of chicken soap instead (chicken broth, shredded chicken and some diced veggies)
Old 04-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
He's worked at Bok Tower for 12 years. It is a beautiful place, we are sad to be leaving, but ready for a change, and felt we needed to make it before our girls hit middle/high school. The Pinetum that he is going to is also a very beautiful place. It's not open to the public yet but they hope to get it that way in the next few years, that will be party of his job.

I order pizza for my family tonight for dinner, and didn't eat any of it. I had a bowl of chicken soap instead (chicken broth, shredded chicken and some diced veggies)
Have you tried the miracle noodles, or the "rice" version of it? I made chicken soap a week ago using the "rice", broth, leftover chicken, and celery.....it was REALLY filling. I've started using the Miracle Rice in more dishes
Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

I used them "last time", but don't have any on hand this time. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 287.0/210.6/215.3
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 28 2012
Today I had my 8th weigh in on the program and Lost 4.9 lbs

Good afternoon all too all you losers out there!!!

Today I had my 8th weigh in on the program and Lost 4.9 lbs

I have reach my first goal of 10% of body weight lost !!!!

Also hit the 30 LBS mark today!!!!

To second goal weight 15% of Body Weight
Old 04-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations on the 30lbs and 10%, you should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!

I am having one of those mornings when nothing "allowed" sounds good to me. I'm hungry but any time I think about eating eggs, or a protein shake.... I get sick to my stomach. I think I am just tired of the same thing every morning. I may have some turkey slices and a cheese wedge or something simple like that and go from there.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:50 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Getting a bit frustrated. Scale has not moved at all. I was 130.6 this morning. How can I be in ketosis yet not losing anything?? My calories are a bit higher than you all but how can I just maintain on 800 calories a day? THAT is depressing...
Old 04-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
hang in there erin! i was perfect last week in my eating and i lost .9 second week on program. i was in ketosis, i was walking 20 mins a day and doing hard yard work....eating 500 cals and .9lbs was all i could do. my body is stubborn when it comes to weight loss and i know it, but i still want to throw in the towel! of course i weigh at home too, and this week they say i am down 2lbs so far. so stay positive a few more days and hopefully you too will see a change!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:25 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

I totally blew it on Saturday, as I said before, but I was actually UP one whole pound on weigh in day. The very next day I was down 2.4 pounds. It's crazy. So Erin, don't get too caught up in the scale. Here in a couple of days, you'll have dropped 3 pounds and then you'll wonder what in the world you did to bring THAT on. Don't let it get you down - just keep doing what you're doing!! 800 calories is good - I didn't go back to the 500 this time. I've had a couple of days where that's all I ended up eating, but my true daily limit is 800.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Thanks LT. It's so weird how our bodies work. I started doing a kettle bell workout yesterday. I'm a little sore so maybe it's water retention from that. I'm ok with losing slower than I did the first time. I just need to see a little more consistency to keep my chin up in this thing.

Going to make some oopsie rolls today to stretch my calories out a bit further and boost my mood. Yes, cooking food boosts my mood. *sigh*
Old 04-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

I'm around 800 calories most days also. That's the best I can do with no AP. Hang in there. I agree with everyone else, it will show up as a loss at some point you may just have to wait it out. And I would agree that changing your exercise could totally make you retain water, so that's a possibility.

I didn't have the best eating day yesterday. I ate 2 pieces of candy, and then ended up with about 1000 calories for the day. I didn't weight myself on purpose this morning, I'm just going to be super "good" the next two days and hope that I didn't mess things up for the week. I'm on week 2 now which already brings poorer losses anyway, that didn't help. I'm also going to Epcot this weekend. I am packing snacks and breakfast for myself, so I'll only "eat out" once meal per day, and I will stick to plan, but I know it's going to be hard. And I really don't want it to ruin my whole weekend with my family.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
2 Questions

For those not going to the clinic are any of you getting shots like those the clinic gave? I can't remember what they were but I thought I read somewhere the some people were getting them from other sources.

Also has anyone tried the microwave pork rinds? a local store has them and I was thinking about trying them
Old 04-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

I am not going to the clinic right now so I'm not getting the injections - nor am I seeking them out. I'm sure this is up for debate but I personally don't think you need them at all. I had 2 rounds before I had an allergic reaction to the preservative they use. My heart was racing, I was dizzy, and my face turned beat red and tingled. So... no more shots for me. Or their omega-3s (which also has the same preservative.) Despite not ever having the shots, I continued to lose weight quickly - faster than many in my clinic and I only had 40 pounds to lose (a lot but not as much as some.) I took the metabolic melts which is that b vitamin chewable though. Plus the Green Tea fat burner, calcium, and another omega-3 from my local health food store. I did like the vitamins they gave out though and I took them.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
What I liked about the shots was I felt like I got a real energy boost from them. I don't think they helped me lose weight, but more like I burned calories because I did more. I remember about my 3rd week in I got into a cleaning/orgainization kick that had me cleaning and organizing every closet and cabinet I had for several days in a row.
I really felt the change when I went into maintenance and as I am wanting to bump up my workouts again thought I see if I could get these some place else.
I am using a good multi vitamin, green tea fat burner from Costco, B vitamin sublingual, and magnesium (to keep things moving along).
What are the rest of you using that isn't from the clinic?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

I am getting so frustrated!! The scale hasn't moved in two weeks, basically. I'm in and out of ketosis practically every other day. I cannot eat over 30 carbs without kicking myself out. I had 1 cup of lettuce with one itty bitty slice of red onion and NO dressing and it kicked me out. So basically, I'm back to ANOTHER week one of all protein. Monday will be four weeks back on plan and I'm just about to give up this time. I upped my exercise to 30 minutes, 5 days a week and still nothing. Am I missing something???

TOTALLY CRANKY!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
I am getting so frustrated!! The scale hasn't moved in two weeks, basically. I'm in and out of ketosis practically every other day. I cannot eat over 30 carbs without kicking myself out. I had 1 cup of lettuce with one itty bitty slice of red onion and NO dressing and it kicked me out. So basically, I'm back to ANOTHER week one of all protein. Monday will be four weeks back on plan and I'm just about to give up this time. I upped my exercise to 30 minutes, 5 days a week and still nothing. Am I missing something???

TOTALLY CRANKY!
I wish I could find the ketosis thread that is somewhere on LCF, it explains it SO much better than I can but...... I remember from nursing school that when you are making ketones and your body needs more fule your body will burn those ketones for fuel. Some people never show that they are in ketosis even when they are losing (my DH was one of those people).

THEN there is something where your body adapts to a low carb/low calorie life so you burn those ketones much easier. Here is a current thread on ketones Ketosis...What gives? O_o

Have you thought of doing something to really "confuse" your body? I posted about this very thing here last night. 2012 Energy In (Food) and Energy Out (Exercise) I'm pretty frustrated as well, and may check out more info on JUDDD

Today I'm going to try a HIIT (for beginners) instead of the 1.5 hr at the gym I HAD planned on doing. I'm going to stay home, while DH goes to the gym......he's gained back about 20+ pounds but won't give up his heavy duty weight training

Last edited by Mary T8M; 04-19-2012 at 07:23 AM..
Old 04-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

I'm out of ketosis this morning also, Lea. Thinking I might have to try the green tea fat burners again. Are you drinking enough water? Eating carbs prior to 3pm? I don't have any advice because I'm totally feeling your frustration right now. I'm just hoping it will all even out eventually so I keep plugging away.
Closed Thread