Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and to please keep posting... all the stories are very encouraging!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I just made a Kroger run and came back with some really good new products.

Oscar Mayer Selects - Applewood smoked ham - no artificial preservatives.
6 slices = 50 cal, 0 carbs, 9g protein

Kroger Carbmaster yogurt - Banana Cream Pie (wow so good!)
1 container = 60 cal, 4g carbs, 8g protein

Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend milk (EXCITED about this one!)
45 calories, 1g carb, 1 fiber, and 1g protein
This is so coconutty and I looooooove coconut!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Almond Breeze (unsweetened vanilla) was my lifesaver the first time around. I am allergic to coconut so I won't be trying the new flavor, but I am glad you found something that works for you.

I am on day 2 and I am finding it a little harder without the appetite suppresant. I have want to snack all day long. This didn't happen the first time around. Those first few weeks I kind of had to make myself eat, but not this time. I stayed on goal, and I ended up with less than 10g carbs, so I'm happy with everything, but I did find myself snacking. I got a portion of almonds, and every few hours I would eat 3-4 until they were gone, that was the only way to make it through the day. Any suggestions on how to avoid feeling like I need to snack all day?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
Had my 13th weigh in today, another 1.2 down. In 3 months I have lost 23.8 pounds. That's about 1.8 pound average per week. Don't get discouraged by the time it takes, there are many individual factors for everyone. I know I lose slow, I also know that I will lose at a slower pace than someone who has more to lose.
I hope my local store starts to carry the unsweetened almond & coconut, I would love that!
If you are struggling in the evening ask your clinic for options, I like the cocoa or cinnimon almonds (1oz) to cure my sweet tooth, or spice up some plain greek yogurt with good extracts. Check the recipe section here too! If you feel like falling off the wagon, start watching a gary taubes video, or even the Fathead video (think its on HULU now). It always reminds me why I am doing what I am doing and why it works

Happy Spring!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post

The unsweetened almond coconut milk.. Is it refrigerated with the other almond/coconut milks or is it on the shelf? My Kroger has the almond coconut blend and I've wanted to try it but I've never found it unsweetened!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Yep, it was in the milk area! I hope you can find it!!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
Start Date: 9/6/11
Quote:

I love the Carbmaster too -- haven't found a bad flavor. And I also love the Almond/Coconut Milk -- I use it for smoothies and some recipes.

Jessica, you asked about where it is....I've only seen it in the refrigerated section. I don't know if it comes shelf-stable as well.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelynn View Post
I love the Carbmaster too -- haven't found a bad flavor. And I also love the Almond/Coconut Milk -- I use it for smoothies and some recipes.

Jessica, you asked about where it is....I've only seen it in the refrigerated section. I don't know if it comes shelf-stable as well.
I guess I'll have to check another Kroger! I've seen it once at mine in the shelf-stable kind but haven't since, and I'd rather have it in the refrigerated kind. Thanks though, I was beginning to think unsweetened didn't exist in it!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Still here

Today I decided to check this site and wow! I see that several people I was losing weight with have posted in the last week or so after long absense. Mary, Lins, Erin, Lea, Debbie, Losing, we all had our share of troubles that led us to gain some pounds that we fought so hard to lose. I have gained about 25 lb from my lowest (was too low, lost 113 lb) and as Mary pointed out the only thing that I can do is to maintain new weight. Numerous week 1 attempts help to not gain more but are very draining. All it takes is just one bite of something that "I should not" and it inevitably ends in the weight gain. I keep saying to myself that it does not matter how many times you fall, what matters is how many times you got up. It is very difficult to do exact Medi this time around and the weight does not come off as easy as it was the 1st time around. I am still trying to reach back my goal + 5 lb (anything under 150 lb would be great this time) by doing low carb and low calories (under 1000 with less than 40 g carbs). Some days I am great and some days I am not as good. It helps a lot to connect with you all and hear your stories. Keep coming back to help each other!

I am cheering you all, who is doing week 1 - you will get through it and will reach your goals eventually. We know how to do it and this is the only plan that works!

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 04-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Wow!! The whole gang is practically all here again!! I am excited to have us all do this AGAIN together, and this should be very encouraging to newbies. We did it. MWL works. We just have to learn maintenance this time around and make it last!

Jo, Erin, Lea, Lins, Barb, LosinginFtm, Mary T8M, DreamWarrior.....these are friends I can count on to keep me accountable!! And grad school is OVER for me now so I should be available to succeed!!

Thank you DreamWarrior and Erin for starting the new thread: "2012 Energy In (Food) and Energy Out (Exercise)". I will be committing come next Monday, after a birthday weekend with my youngest daughter.

I joined Weight Watchers to try to have a less expensive way to weigh in, but I feel I need the lower carb version of MWL to get me started and then I may try to maintain with WW. I love fruits. And that in combo with insulin resistance is not a good combo, especially with NO exercise! So....I will do this, AGAIN! I know I can get the fat burners from Walgreens, or close to it; and the Vit B12 and most others. I'm just ready to get back into my closet full of clothes I wore last Spring!!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:01 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

I hear you on the closet full of clothes. I was in a size 6, and now I'm in a 10. I only have a hand full of clothes that fit right now but I refuse to by more, when what I really want to do is fit back into my others. And I know this works, so I know it's possible to get back in them. Everyone is correct I just need to figure out maintance this time around. Which is part of the reason I am not using an AS this time around. I think I when I went off that I had the desire to eat for the first time in about 6 months, and it was Christmas time and I went nuts. And I'm still paying for it. I will start running again after week one is over.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

YES that is honestly my major motivation - getting back into my shorts without them cutting off my circulation or making me look like a stuffed sausage. I just need to get down 1 size I think. I can't wear dress slacks all summer...

I'm weighing every day after I do my ketosis strip test. Maybe I need to put the scale away...

Hello to all who have returned! It's fabulous to see you!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
I still get on the scale every day no matter what. I no longer let it determine the kind of day I'm going to have, (or they'd probably ALL be bad lately!) but I want it it keep me accountable.

I'm back out of ketosis today - or at least in wasn't detected on my keostick. However, I'm still having that vaginal bleeding that plauged me last time when I first got into ketosis. (I don't have periods due to being a continual pill user, so this was a HUGE shock the first time). Only an annoyance this time - and a reminder that I must still be in ketosis even when it isn't reflecting. I hope it shows back up tomorrow and will keep it EXTRA low carb today for that reason.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loreleileigh
Stats: 209.5/185.4/113
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May 3, 2013
I am going to have to look for that unsweetened almond/coconut milk. That sounds delicious! I haven't seen it anywhere around here, though I will keep my eyes peeled.

I have my weigh in today. I'm really hoping to drop below 190. My clothes are feeling looser again (and this is after already dropping down a size from when I first started Medi) so I won't worry about the number on the scale too much. I know I am down and not up, and that is what counts to me!

Erin, I weigh myself every day, too. It's a bad thing, I know. I think maybe I need to have my fiance hide my scale from me.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Is there a reason WHY we shouldn't weigh every day? I know I do get discouraged sometimes when it stops moving but at the same time, it makes me work harder. Can't decide whether that's a good or bad thing for my mindset.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

I think they say the scale daily is taboo because our bodies fluctation so wildly from day to day. But I know this about myself and I'm okay with it. I've seen my scale up 4 pounds from the previous day and that only makes me try harder today. As long as the general trend is DOWNWARD, I don't mind seeing some days that are up.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Lins when I feel the need to snack I find chewing sugarfree gum helps alot. I stick to the mint flavors because I find the sweeter flavors tend to fade quicker so I eat more. They are still carbs in some so you have to be careful.

Erin I am on the hunt for the new flavor of Almond Breeze I LOVE Coconut. I have always been envious of those of you that have access to Kroger's CarbMaster Yogurt. When I visit family in Texas its one of my first stops so I have the different flavors throughout my visit

I have always weighed myself everyday but I have decided not too this time. In fact because I am remodeling my bathroom right now my scale is on my closet shelf. I am just paying attention to how my clothes fit. I have that same closet full that everyone else has and am going to continue to work my way down. I thought I would try to weigh every week.
Just wanted to mention another major benefit from my medi journey is the effect on my 17yr daughter. She was about 15 -20lbs heavier than she is now. As I lost my weight she started to pay attention more and more. Then we started Zumba and other classes together. Completely on her own she has changed her eating habits to a much healthier program and runs about 7 miles a week. For the first time ever she went out for a sport (LaCrosse) and loves it.
It was so exciting to see the positive effect of losing this weight had on so many friends and family.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

The coconut flavor was pretty darn good in my coffee this morning, I must say.

Oh, and Lins, I've learned that whenever I have the munchies, that seems to be my body's way of telling me I'm thirsty. If I add a little Crystal Light to a big bottle of Smart Water, it does the trick most of the time. I like gum as well and have been shocked that "sugar free gum" is not necessarily carb free! I think it's sugar alcohols in it than others but still...

Lea, my weight fluctuates quite a bit as well. Better now that I've had that endometrial ablation and no longer have periods but I retain a LOT of water very easily.

Just did some floor exercises and my arms are shaky. lol I should be feeling this tomorrow for sure. I may walk (keep up with) my spazzy Great Dane later too and hope she doesn't dislocate my shoulder. Y'all have an awesome day!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Herewego
Stats: 198.2/181.5/160
WOE: Medi wt loss
Start Date: February 21,2010
Hi everyone!!! I started about 7 weeks ago...so far at a 17 lb wt loss...the last two weeks I have been vacationing in Thailand... It was a struggle... Protein ie: meat is pretty scary over there! I didn't stick to plan but didn't go crazy either. I walked ALOT! I go back on Monday for my weigh in. I'm trying to flush out my system...after a 36 hr flight I'm dehydrated and swollen. I'm back on plan and hoping for the best. Trying to motivate myself to hit the greenway if even for a walk...I just can't seem to get there... I know I need to... Maybe after the jetlag subsides. Looks like everyone has been doing great since I've been gone. While its frustrating to see so many ppl returning due to regaining wt..it's also comforting to know I'm not alone... This is my 2nd go around w Medi too...it works if I work it. it seems like I give myself excuses to fall off the wagon... Mind you it's not like I just want a cookie excuse..it's a loss of a loved one or major life change that tends to set me back... Sometimes even finding myself on the other side and enjoying life again seems to let me relax w my food choices... I'll be checking in for support and to offer encouragement where I can!

Sandra
Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Location: Staten Island, New York soon to be Cape Coral, Florida
Gallery: peaches0416
Stats: 208/182/140
Start Date: March 31, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Happy Easter all........I'm still around and it's almost my 2 year anniversary since I started with Medi....Due to finances we had to quit going to the clinic, thus no meds anymore either. In spite of that I continued to lose S-L-O-W-L-Y....right up until Thanksgiving when we went on a cruise with our daughter and her soon to be husband's family. I gained about 15 pounds from my lowest of 144 (still not at goal) then and over the rest of the year. When I tried to get back on the wagon I just maintained! Guess that's better than gaining, but NOT what I wanted to do, so all of this past week, I started back on plan WITHOUT any meds (just vitamins)....it was pretty hard to start with, and I spent the first two days so light headed I couldn't stand it. I'll be weighing in tomorrow morning, but already feel I've lost, by the way my clothes fit.
I've discovered that for me (can't speak for anyone else) the LESS interesting I keep my food, the easier it is for me to just eat my calories and be done. IF I make anything that tastes too good (and if there is anything left) I'm real tempted to eat it! IF I make pain chicken, and a plain veggie I do much better.
I feel the same way, the simpler I keep the food the easier it is to just eat it and be done. I eat about the same thing every day and it doesn't bother me even if I am bored with it because it's just easy not to think about it. If I think too hard I'll want something I shouldn't have.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Mary and Peached - me too. If I don't offer myself many choices, I don't offer myself many opportunities to over eat or cheat. I'd post on the in and out board, but it's pretty much the same boring thing every day - and this works for me!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Location: Staten Island, New York soon to be Cape Coral, Florida
Gallery: peaches0416
Stats: 208/182/140
Start Date: March 31, 2012
Tydreamer,
Can I ask a question? This is only my second week but it too me 5 days to get into Ketosis and then it was just barely and then yesterday and today it's even less. What causes you to go into Ketosis is it the amount of fluids I just don't understand what I am doing wrong except the last 2-3 days I've been behind on my water? Would you know? thanks for anything anyone can tell me.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schleprock
Stats: 319/261/219
WOE: Medi
Start Date: February 28 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
Hi everyone!!! I started about 7 weeks ago...so far at a 17 lb wt loss...the last two weeks I have been vacationing in Thailand... It was a struggle... Protein ie: meat is pretty scary over there! I didn't stick to plan but didn't go crazy either. I walked ALOT! I go back on Monday for my weigh in. I'm trying to flush out my system...after a 36 hr flight I'm dehydrated and swollen. I'm back on plan and hoping for the best. Trying to motivate myself to hit the greenway if even for a walk...I just can't seem to get there... I know I need to... Maybe after the jetlag subsides. Looks like everyone has been doing great since I've been gone. While its frustrating to see so many ppl returning due to regaining wt..it's also comforting to know I'm not alone... This is my 2nd go around w Medi too...it works if I work it. it seems like I give myself excuses to fall off the wagon... Mind you it's not like I just want a cookie excuse..it's a loss of a loved one or major life change that tends to set me back... Sometimes even finding myself on the other side and enjoying life again seems to let me relax w my food choices... I'll be checking in for support and to offer encouragement where I can!

Sandra
The greenway does rrock luckily it close to me..and the Ballantyne staff always makes you feel positive when you lare there
Old 04-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loreleileigh
Stats: 209.5/185.4/113
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May 3, 2013
When I first started Medi, I was letting the constant weighing drive me crazy. Now that I'm a little further into it and confident that it works, I am able to weigh every day without worrying about the numbers too much. If I do start to get crazy wtih it again, though, I'll get rid of the scale.

Just got back from weighing in. I lost 1.6 lbs, but they told me I lost nearly 5 lbs of fat. I'm not at all convinced that these numbers on the Tanita scale are all that accurate (one week it said that I GAINED fat) but I'm glad for the loss. I'm almost under 190 now. I'll definitely be there next week!

I am also 1/4 of the way to my goal, which is pretty awesome.

Tonight I am going to hunt for that Almond Breeze cocunut. I wish we still had Kroger around here. Then I'd know exactly where to go to get it.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches0416 View Post
Tydreamer,
Can I ask a question? This is only my second week but it too me 5 days to get into Ketosis and then it was just barely and then yesterday and today it's even less. What causes you to go into Ketosis is it the amount of fluids I just don't understand what I am doing wrong except the last 2-3 days I've been behind on my water? Would you know? thanks for anything anyone can tell me.
It's not the amount of fluids, but if you're dehydrated, you could read large ketosis because the ketones aren't diluted in your urine. I drink about TWICE the required fluids, so my ketones are very much diluted in my urine and a lot of times don't register at all. Ketosis is achieved when you have sufficiently burned up all of your readily available energy from the food you've eaten over the last several days. If your'e eating low carb, your body will use up that available energy in approximately four days (five, in your case) and now the energy your body is expending is coming from stored fat - not from the food you're eating. The protein fuels your muscles and the LACK of carbs makes you burn pure fat.

Does that help? There's lots of information on ketosis out there so be sure to do a google search and let the pros really explain it!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Hi all, I'm slogging my way through week 1 and was in trace ketosis this morning. I am feeling soooo hungry. I did not use the AS last time around, but this time I feel like I could really use one. I also weigh every day. Even though I know I will fluctuate, it helps keep me honest. Seeing the downward trend is keeping me motivated this week.

Deb, it's good to see you on here again. We can do this! I was wondering which fat burner you buy at Walgreens? I never took them, but I'm thinking it might be time to start.

Congrats on all the losses! Your success is motivation for all of us!

Barb
Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

If I got a lot of exercise I will not register in ketosis, that happened to me a lot last time. So if you are exercising and not in ketosis, it just means your body is using your ketones, but your still in ketosis, just wait a few days and try again.

I went to Legoland with my family today and I stayed on plan. I packed my lunch, and drank a ton of water. I am so happy with myself. I forgot that it's possible to finish the day feeling good about my eating.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Just stopping by for a second, but I wanted to say that I MIGHT have found something that has helped me with my appetite.

First a friend sent me a big jar of Chia Seeds (yeah the same thing used on the famous Chia Heads) She said she uses them daily mixed in salads, shakes, cottage cheese. So I read up a little on LCF's, and have started using them.....mainly in shakes to help fill me up.

THEN today I also mixed 2 teaspoons of Benefiber (no flavor, non gritty) into my shake. It didn't change the taste at all, but the added fiber REALLY held me all afternoon.

Bill made dinner tonight, and portioned the meat out......WAY more protein calories than I had left, but I was able to only eat what I was allowed (and a TINY bit more) I didn't even feel the urge to snack after dinner.

I'll try the Benefiber again tomorrow and see if it works again

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 04-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

I'd take that 5 pound fat loss! What I've found is that with the Tanita scale, you have to think big picture. It goes up and down day to day but will be accurate somewhere in the middle. I have an old Tanita scale at home and it pretty much mimicked what the clinic said to me. My mom had skin tests done last week for fat % so I may take it to her house and see what the difference is. All I know is when I feel flabbier, the scale shows it and vice versa.

Speaking of the scale, mine is not moving. At all. But I'm still in ketosis. Which to me tells me basically I'm suffering in vain. lol
Old 04-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
I'd take that 5 pound fat loss! What I've found is that with the Tanita scale, you have to think big picture. It goes up and down day to day but will be accurate somewhere in the middle. I have an old Tanita scale at home and it pretty much mimicked what the clinic said to me. My mom had skin tests done last week for fat % so I may take it to her house and see what the difference is. All I know is when I feel flabbier, the scale shows it and vice versa.

Speaking of the scale, mine is not moving. At all. But I'm still in ketosis. Which to me tells me basically I'm suffering in vain. lol
After week1 loss, my scale never moves during the second week regardless how strict I am - very frustrating, I know. You are doing everything right for a change and nothing. Especially on my N-th time around doing week 1s. The solution is to keep going and you will see the result eventually.
Closed Thread