Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
A little pat on my own back - yesterday was hugely stressful. My 17 year old is making some terrible decisions lately and the repercussions are just beginning to unfold. I never ever thought I would be in this position when I was parenting that sweet, sensitive, polite little person all of those years prior. Now I hardly recognize my son these days.

That being said, I not only refrained from having a stress-relieving glass of wine (or 5) but I also passed on the pizza that was ordered because no one had the strength to cook dinner at that point. Believe me, the little devil on my shoulder tried to convince me that Monday would be a much better start day after I give myself a few days and then I could relax on Easter as well... but the angel told me it was time to take care of myself. Proud.
__________________
Erin

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
eptexy is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member
 
tydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 451
Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Thank you, Erin! Yes, we're connected - have been from the beginning. I'm with you on the maintaning. It's so much easier to lose. This time I REALLY want to get mainenance right!
tydreamer is offline  
Old 04-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Hello all,
It's been a long time since I've posted. Mostly because I have let a few pounds slide back on..up six, actually. I have been lurking the past couple of weeks and when I saw some of you restarting, I decided to take the plunge. I also wanted to say that reading posts from some of you on these threads are what inspired me to start my journey over a year and half ago. We will always have our ups and downs, life is full of them, but coming back to what works will get us where we want to go. I am updating my stats and starting fresh. Good luck to everyone!

Barb
barbwired is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
We will always have our ups and downs, life is full of them, but coming back to what works will get us where we want to go.
Amen, Barb! Welcome back...
eptexy is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member
 
losing in Ftm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 138
Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Caution this message is not intended for those of you new to medi. I don't want to discourage you in any way from this diet. It IS a terrific way to lose weight!!!

However I have also struggled alot during the maintenance phase. Tried the Medi way which I found very confusing and frustrating resulting in weight flucuations. Tried a adaptation of WW which worked at first till I started to go heavy on the fruit and then the weight gain was steady. I kept trying to get back to medi but I found it so hard to stick with it this time.
Now it has effected my fitness, I have to struggle to complete classes that a few months of ago I could do. I am finding it easier all the time to find excuses not to go. After reading everyones posts here I sat down last night and realized how far I have let things slip.
I am joining you ladies in recommitting to this program and to this WOE. We can do this!!
__________________
Losing in Ftm
losing in Ftm is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
So Day 5 really is the hardest! I finally broke down and ate an Atkins bar. Blah. Only 125 more calories left in the day...
eptexy is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
I have also struggled alot during the maintenance phase. Tried the Medi way which I found very confusing and frustrating resulting in weight flucuations. Tried a adaptation of WW which worked at first till I started to go heavy on the fruit and then the weight gain was steady.
I'm with you, Sister. I too did not really understand and I'm not so sure the staff at my clinic did either.

That being said, I can't blame Medi for me gaining my weight. I had slipped a little bit here and there and pulled in the reins fairly easily. But then my workout buddy changed gyms because the only time I could go was early in the morning. So I stopped working out all together. Then the more carbs I ate, the more cravings I had and it was pretty much downhill from there.... I can only blame myself.
eptexy is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
Caution this message is not intended for those of you new to medi. I don't want to discourage you in any way from this diet. It IS a terrific way to lose weight!!!

However I have also struggled alot during the maintenance phase. Tried the Medi way which I found very confusing and frustrating resulting in weight flucuations. Tried a adaptation of WW which worked at first till I started to go heavy on the fruit and then the weight gain was steady. I kept trying to get back to medi but I found it so hard to stick with it this time.
Now it has effected my fitness, I have to struggle to complete classes that a few months of ago I could do. I am finding it easier all the time to find excuses not to go. After reading everyones posts here I sat down last night and realized how far I have let things slip.
I am joining you ladies in recommitting to this program and to this WOE. We can do this!!
We can and we will!! Good to see you on here again!
barbwired is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
So Day 5 really is the hardest! I finally broke down and ate an Atkins bar. Blah. Only 125 more calories left in the day...
Hang in there, it's almost over! I think I'm going to have to go to bed early just to stay away from the cookies.
barbwired is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 36
Gallery: Gemini6860
Stats: 192/170.8/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: March 2, 2012
Wooooo Hooooo! Week #5, down 4.4 lbs, making a total of 17.6. Purchased my airline ticket to visit my daughter in CA in June. I can't even imagine how different I'll look by then! Psyched!
Gemini6860 is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 95
Gallery: LTinNC
Stats: 206/175.2/159
Start Date: 3/30/12
great job !
LTinNC is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
HAPPY EASTER ALL!

That is amazing, Gemini!!! Your daughter is going to be THRILLED for you! And what a great motivation as well...

I have a question. I have been feeling pretty well up until last night. I have read these threads before - poster is dizzy and weak. Advice is to drink electrolytes. I've been drinking 1 (sometimes 2) very large Smart Waters a day and a power aide zero. Could it be something else? I feel a little dried out for some reason too. I'll up the water today and be sure to start taking my vitamins/calcium/omegas but if anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears.
eptexy is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Happy Easter all........I'm still around and it's almost my 2 year anniversary since I started with Medi....Due to finances we had to quit going to the clinic, thus no meds anymore either. In spite of that I continued to lose S-L-O-W-L-Y....right up until Thanksgiving when we went on a cruise with our daughter and her soon to be husband's family. I gained about 15 pounds from my lowest of 144 (still not at goal) then and over the rest of the year. When I tried to get back on the wagon I just maintained! Guess that's better than gaining, but NOT what I wanted to do, so all of this past week, I started back on plan WITHOUT any meds (just vitamins)....it was pretty hard to start with, and I spent the first two days so light headed I couldn't stand it. I'll be weighing in tomorrow morning, but already feel I've lost, by the way my clothes fit.
I've discovered that for me (can't speak for anyone else) the LESS interesting I keep my food, the easier it is for me to just eat my calories and be done. IF I make anything that tastes too good (and if there is anything left) I'm real tempted to eat it! IF I make pain chicken, and a plain veggie I do much better.
__________________


Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Happy Easter all........I'm still around and it's almost my 2 year anniversary since I started with Medi....Due to finances we had to quit going to the clinic, thus no meds anymore either. In spite of that I continued to lose S-L-O-W-L-Y....right up until Thanksgiving when we went on a cruise with our daughter and her soon to be husband's family. I gained about 15 pounds from my lowest of 144 (still not at goal) then and over the rest of the year. When I tried to get back on the wagon I just maintained! Guess that's better than gaining, but NOT what I wanted to do, so all of this past week, I started back on plan WITHOUT any meds (just vitamins)....it was pretty hard to start with, and I spent the first two days so light headed I couldn't stand it. I'll be weighing in tomorrow morning, but already feel I've lost, by the way my clothes fit.
I've discovered that for me (can't speak for anyone else) the LESS interesting I keep my food, the easier it is for me to just eat my calories and be done. IF I make anything that tastes too good (and if there is anything left) I'm real tempted to eat it! IF I make pain chicken, and a plain veggie I do much better.
Mary, Glad to see you're back! Good luck with your week one!
barbwired is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
HAPPY EASTER ALL!

That is amazing, Gemini!!! Your daughter is going to be THRILLED for you! And what a great motivation as well...

I have a question. I have been feeling pretty well up until last night. I have read these threads before - poster is dizzy and weak. Advice is to drink electrolytes. I've been drinking 1 (sometimes 2) very large Smart Waters a day and a power aide zero. Could it be something else? I feel a little dried out for some reason too. I'll up the water today and be sure to start taking my vitamins/calcium/omegas but if anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears.
I drank some low sodium chicken broth when I felt lousy. I read it somewhere on here and gave it a try. Worked for me. Hope you feel better!

Happy Easter!
barbwired is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member
 
lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I start tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I actually feel at peace. I KNOW this works. Yes I know it will be hard too, but I have got to do something, and this is it. So wish me luck on week one. I know if I can just make it through this week it will get easier after that. Once I lose 10lbs I know I will be more motivated to keep going. We move in 8 weeks and I'd really like to be healthier, and thinner before we move. Plus my hubby will be gone for 6 weeks and I'd really like him to notice a difference in my weight when he gets back.
__________________
Lins
Starting weight 212lbs
lins is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member
 
Jessica1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 228
Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Good luck to everyone restarting! I used to lurk on these boards long before I joined here or medi. Your successes are what motivated me to finally join!
Jessica1129 is online now  
Old 04-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member
 
secret_smile85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 31
Gallery: secret_smile85
Stats: 184/176/110
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2011/RS April 2012
Hello My name is Diana. I was on here last year, but after losing 30 lbs I found out we were expecting and I had my lil girl in February. I am now trying to get back onto plan and finding it very hard to stick to. By the end of the day my head hurts so badly and I feel so sick that I just grab something, anything sweet. I do really well up until the evening after I finally get all 5 of my little ones into bed. I am day 1 for the 4th day in a row now because I keep screwing up and falling off in the evening. I'm feeling very defeated. I'm currently 176 and goal is 120 (I'm only 5'2). I have had 5 babies in 5 years so I've never had time to really lose any of it. Any input, suggestions, ideas, buddies anything would help
secret_smile85 is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Well... Easter was a bust. No alcohol for me for 30 days as recommended. It's not just the carbs/calories that creates a setback - it's the lack of judgement!

So I've just prolonged my week 1 3 more days. I'm out of ketosis. Not gonna let it get me down...

Yesterday I woke up weighing 129 by the way. That's a 7 lb loss in 5 days! I'm up 2 pounds from yesterday but getting right back on track.

Hope everyone has a great day!!! (Nice to see you Mary and Diana!)
eptexy is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 331
Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
RE-Intro

Hi Everyone!! It's been a long time, my name is DW and I joined Medi about two years ago. I lost weight, went on wellness, ran the NYC Marathon and got injured (IT Band).

With the lack of exercise and depression my weight came back... but not because I went back to old habits - the medi program has truly changed my eating life - but more because of lack of exercise and higher calorie intake because of the running I "used to" do. I ate the higher amount of calories, didn't burn them off, and sat on my butt for long periods of time.

I've been running again and need to jump start my diet and with all the success I had with medi, it's only natural for me to come back. So I start week one today. I have 16lbs to shed and I'm confident that I'll loose 'em. Glad to be back!!
DreamWarrior is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member
 
tydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 451
Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Erin, I've been out of ketosis three times in two weeks. I'm back in this morning.

Week 1 loss: 4.4 pounds
Week 2 loss: 4.8 pounds
Total so far: 9.2 pounds
tydreamer is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Gallery: mama2baby
Hello everyone! I have been a lurker for the last almost 3 months. Love this board. Started my weight loss journey middle of Jan. I am not at all happy with my progress. I have PCOS and that is not helping the matters at all. I am down only 25lbs in almost three months. I was hoping for faster results but no luck so far. I am thinking of buying a tanita scale. Can you guys help me with any suggestions? I think it would help me a lot if I could weigh my self every day in the morning. Would love to get some suggestions/ideas from all of you.
mama2baby is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 331
Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2baby View Post
...I am not at all happy with my progress....I am down only 25lbs in almost three months...

Hi!!

I think 25lbs in 3 months is amazing!! Congratulations!!

I dont know much about the Tanita scales, I have a regular (Weight Watchers) scale that I use from time to time.

Good luck with your continued success!!
DreamWarrior is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Gallery: mama2baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Hi!!

I think 25lbs in 3 months is amazing!! Congratulations!!

I dont know much about the Tanita scales, I have a regular (Weight Watchers) scale that I use from time to time.

Good luck with your continued success!!
Thanks for the words of encouragement. It really means a lot to me
mama2baby is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #55
Junior LCF Member
 
loreleileigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17
Gallery: loreleileigh
Stats: 209.5/185.4/113
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May 3, 2013
Well, I definitely didn't stay on plan this weekend. I sort of planned not to, since my bachelorette party and wedding shower were this weekend. I think I managed to be pretty good, even though I ate and drank a lot of things I shouldn't have. I don't believe I gained any weight, which is a good thing. I am going to do protein only until my next appointment to get things back on track.

In better news, I tried on my wedding dress this weekend and it fits! I tried it on the weekend I started Medi (so...five weeks ago), and it wasn't even close to meeting in the back. It is still a little tight, but I have three weeks so I know it will be fitting perfectly by my wedding day. That is a huge relief.
loreleileigh is offline  
Old 04-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member
 
Jessica1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 228
Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
I had my 10th weigh in today and was down 4lbs! I lost 4.5 of fat!! But was up .5 in water. I've lost 37.5lbs now and am only 2 points away from having a normal cholesterol number!
Jessica1129 is online now  
Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Just updated my stats. I'm at 131 making a 6 pound loss for week 1. I've been having some weird side effects to this WOE this time. Headaches, heart palpitations, out of breath, dizziness, feeling really dried out so drinking a TON but still feeling all swollen.

Since I'm back in ketosis, I'm going to stay at around 15g carbs and 700 calories I think? That's not too far off the norm. Maybe the transition to wellness will be easier for me. Plus I'm going to concentrate on eating whole foods. I eat too much bacon, sausage, and laughing cow cheese!!! The loss will be slower but maybe my mind will be more balanced this way too. I get a little crazy when I lose weight overnight. I wish I wasn't so all or nothing...

Mama2baby: Are you going to a clinic or doing Medi alone? Make sure you are drinking enough water. Journal absolutely every single bite so you're sure not to miss anything. Spacing your calories out so the bulk of your calories are before dinner and carbs are eaten before 3pm. All those things helped me. Good luck and glad you are here! Keep posting!

Loreleigh, keep up the fabulous work! 3 weeks away? Wow! What a journey for you and how exciting to begin your new life in a healthier body.

Way to go Jessica!!!

I love reading all of the successes. It really fuels me at the beginning of the day and inspires me to keep on track. THANK YOU!
eptexy is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member
 
lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Diana, we are a lot alike. I am 5'2 and weight 180lb. I have 3 kids (mine are older 9,7,4) I also live in Central Florida, although I am moving in June. I just wanted to personally give you some encouragment. I did this 2 years ago and lost 45lbs in just under 5 months. And I am back to do it again. I went back to eating sweets and it got WAY out of hand, and I stopped running so the combo of the two got me where I am today. I refuse to do that again. So best of luck to you.

I am on day 2 and I am really looking forward to that first weight in. I know i can do this, because I've done it before. I am looking forward to letting the skinny girl inside back out.
lins is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Erin, I've been out of ketosis three times in two weeks. I'm back in this morning.

Week 1 loss: 4.4 pounds
Week 2 loss: 4.8 pounds
Total so far: 9.2 pounds
Lea, thank you for posting this. Your stats are inspiring me. What are you doing for exercise? I haven't got off my rump yet... I'm so flabby.

I've seen you mention that this time will be different. What changes did you make? Are you going to the clinic or going at it alone?
eptexy is offline  
Old 04-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member
 
tydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 451
Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
I'm not working out yet - was planning to start yesterday, but didn't. I will SOON! It's hard to get started again after being so lazy for so long.

I think this will be different for me because I truly get that there is no finish line. I will be eating like this for the rest of my life. Maybe not as strictly as I am now, but the basics will forever be the same. As you know, I got a little crazy after reaching goal last time and continued to lose way beyond what was healthy, then rebounded by gaining fast and furiously. I just can't let...no, WON'T let that happen again.
__________________
Lea
In maintenance: 8/1/2010
tydreamer is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.