Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Birdie31
Stats: 155/137/138
WOE: Medi fast
Start Date: 03/26/2012
Please clarify Alcohol and Ketosis

Can I have Alcohol if its low in carbs and will i eventually go into Ketosis? I am on week 1 day 4 and have stuck to eat, but I am going to the beach this weekend (beer) Also, I keep testing my urine but no change I have been drinnking lots of water cause I am so thirsty!
Birdie31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
I would try to not drink on week one, but that being said... its my understanding that your body will burn alcohol before it burns fat so it can stall you a bit. I dont drink beer or wine but enjoysome form of alcohol with a diet drink and dont have a problem with it in moderation.
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/6/11
The recommendation is to avoid alcohol for at least the first 30 days. I think it's very important to be strict with yourself at first so that your body and mind get adjusted. It is possible to drink low-carb drinks and lose, but the alcohol can lower your inihibitions and make you more likely to eat off-plan. Week 1 is the time to be most strict -- not a good time for a drink!

As far as ketosis -- many people show ketones by day 4, but it's not unusual to not. And some people never do and lose just fine. It's reassuring to see, but if you're on-plan then you'll probably be in ketosis regardless of what the ketostix say. There are other signs of ketosis you can watch for (decreased appetite, sweat odor, urine odor).
Abdomen -15.5
Hips -10
Michelynn is offline   Reply With Quote