Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweety0107
Stats: 195/194.4/135
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: 09/18/2012
3rd time... UGH

I am so literally embarrassed to post this... hopefully this will help someone else and help me too.
Today is my 3rd restart with Medi!!! I know some of you are reading- saying, OMG, whatís wrong with her...
Well willpower and lack of motivation. I seem to lose 12-15 pounds and then began to feel like itís not happening fast enough or just give up.
I first began in Sept 2010 and started out EXACTLY where I am today.
I gave up and tried many diets- Atkins, JUDDD, Straight Starvation, Pills etc etc! Itís all useless and worthless. It seems 14 days is my breaking point!
I went back to Medi, because #1 IT WORKS!!! It's the one plan that after the first week, I feel like Im not limiting myself too much and its restrictive enough that I donít go over board (e.g.-tons of bacon and butter on Atkins)
(LONG SIGH)
I went to the park yesterday with my kid and was so upset and disgusted with myself! If I had stuck with any plan longer than 2-3 weeks I would probably be at my goal! I get very emotional, turn to food for comfort, I get so utterly depressed and feel too embarrassed to leave my house...

Okay- let me get off this rant...

So... Today is day one! I'm letting go of all my past let downs and will stick with this! Changing my lifestyle and not only dropping weight, but dropping all the negativity and self-doubt!

(To all those who read this- thank you... I didnít have anyone else to say it to so... Thanks)
Sweety0107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
You can do it!
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Herewego
Stats: 198.2/181.5/160
WOE: Medi wt loss
Start Date: February 21,2010
Good for you for not giving up totally...vent all you want..I have the same issues... You can do this!!
Herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JD29
Stats: 236.5/188.2/175
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: January 2012
Sounds familiar MissTan. I have been notorious for getting down on myself for not losing fast enough, not seeing results soon enough, etc. But you have gotten through the worst part of this twice. The first 2 weeks for me were awful. But I am now at the end of week 9 (weigh in tonight) and I feel amazing. To date, I have officially lost 32 pounds, and I think I am in line for 3 or 4 more tonight. I got over the biggest hurdle, my own thinking, and have completely changed my way of thinking. Food is no longer a crutch for me. It's just fuel. You need to find something else to take the place of food. When I get those urges, I do 25 push-ups and drink a bottle of water. If I am truly hungry (mainly at night, after all my protein has been consumed), I have some homemade pickles (sliced cucumbers, vinegar, mustard and celery seeds - AWESOME!). I have gone from a 42" waist to a 36". I am only a pound or two away from being under 200 lbs for the first time in 20 years. A couple of things that worked for me early on, and still work for me: 1. Set small goals. You will not go from 186 to 135 overnight, nor will you get there in 4 weeks or 8 weeks. But you can go from 186 to 175 in 4 weeks. Make that your 1st goal. Then set a new goal. I want to get o 175 eventually, but I don't even think about that yet - that is not realistic until June or July for me. Right now, my focus is 200. 2. Get a scale! And use it. I know most people disagree with this, but it's just another way for me to keep my self accountable and also to see results. Just remember, if you do this, weigh yourself at the same time each time you get on. I usually weigh 2.5-3 lbs more at nigh than I do first thing in the morning. But every morning, I compare to yesterday. I love seeing that I went down .3 from yesterday. Doesn't seem like much, but that's 2.1 lbs a week. 3. Stick to the plan and take your supplements religiously. I set my Outlook and my Cell Phone to remind me to eat and to take my pills. 4. Plan your day. Each night, I fill in my journal for the next day (except times) so I know exactly what I will be eating. It has become so robotic now, but it's one more food thought I don't have to deal with during the day. Keep journaling, too. More accountability. I don't need mine anymore, because I have such a routine, but I still do it every day. 5. Lastly, and most importantly, don't beat yourself up over this. If you only get to 176 instead of 175, who cares! It's still a 10 lb loss! If you need any more motivation, just look down at that kid of yours and remember that you are setting an example for him/her with everything you do. Show him how to eat right, how to set goals and follow through. It's been the biggest motivation for me. I want to see my daughter graduate, get married, have a family, etc. but I can't if I'm not here.....Stay strong, use this board, and take it one day, one week at a time. You'll get there.
JD29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweety0107
Stats: 195/194.4/135
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: 09/18/2012
Week One update

Thank you so much for the encouraging words!!!
JD29-thank you! I have to and I will do this!!

Today was my weigh in and I lost 7.6 pounds!!!!!!!

I have to just stay focused!!! I have to KNOW that I will not get to my ultimate goal weight overnight and any progress is better than no progress and adding on the same pounds!

I know this will and can work for me! I've seen so many of you on here that have done it and look and feel great.
Thank you all so much and this time I have to.
There are so many other crappy things in my life right now and my weight CAN NO longer be one of them!!!
I'm excited to add veggies back in... I know I have to stay focused!!

We're all (ROCKSTARS) in the MEDI forum
Sweety0107 is offline   Reply With Quote