Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chapman182
Stats: 188.8/186.6/165
WOE: Medi Weightloss (doing on my own without clinic)
Start Date: 11/19/2011
HORRIBLE cravings and hunger (day 4)

Hey low carb friends,
So beach season is on the horizon, so I've decided to put myself back on the medi weightloss plan. I've done it twice supervised and saw amazing results, losing 45 lbs when I was 16 and losing 25 lbs when I was 19. Well, now I'm twenty and have gotten very heavy (I was on a lot I meds that cause weight gain).

Anyway, sorry for boring you with all that, but anyway, can someone give me some facts or motivation on when my hunger for carbs will disappear and when my cravings will subside? I'm on day 4, without help from medi (though I have been subscribed the phentimetrazine by my Dr. I don't remember the cravings and hunger being so bad, and I've come so close to cracking every day. It's so bad that I'm actually having dreams about eating delicious foods!

Thanks so much for any feed back, and I admire those of you currently on the medi weightloss plan!

Also, when do you start eating veggies again? The second week, right?

Thanks,

Chapman182
chapman182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gemini6860
Stats: 192/170.8/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: March 2, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapman182 View Post
Hey low carb friends,
So beach season is on the horizon, so I've decided to put myself back on the medi weightloss plan. I've done it twice supervised and saw amazing results, losing 45 lbs when I was 16 and losing 25 lbs when I was 19. Well, now I'm twenty and have gotten very heavy (I was on a lot I meds that cause weight gain).

Anyway, sorry for boring you with all that, but anyway, can someone give me some facts or motivation on when my hunger for carbs will disappear and when my cravings will subside? I'm on day 4, without help from medi (though I have been subscribed the phentimetrazine by my Dr. I don't remember the cravings and hunger being so bad, and I've come so close to cracking every day. It's so bad that I'm actually having dreams about eating delicious foods!

Thanks so much for any feed back, and I admire those of you currently on the medi weightloss plan!

Also, when do you start eating veggies again? The second week, right?

Thanks,

Chapman182
Welcome back, Chapman! I'm in the middle of Week #2 and had the same issue you're having with Week 1, Day 4. Drink more fluids and get through, tomorrow will be better! Or eat an ounce or two of protein before "cracking". Next week you get to add veggies. (PS: I dreamt of macaroni all of last week. Thankfully am much better now). Good luck!! :-)
Gemini6860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini6860 View Post
Welcome back, Chapman! I'm in the middle of Week #2 and had the same issue you're having with Week 1, Day 4. Drink more fluids and get through, tomorrow will be better! Or eat an ounce or two of protein before "cracking". Next week you get to add veggies. (PS: I dreamt of macaroni all of last week. Thankfully am much better now). Good luck!! :-)
Awesome, glad to know ill get past this. Once you start eating veggies, are you able to stay in ketosis? Each time I did the program I refrained from all veggies
Old 03-16-2012, 03:56 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Awesome, glad to know ill get past this. Once you start eating veggies, are you able to stay in ketosis? Each time I did the program I refrained from all veggies
I haven't been testing my ketosis regularly. I'm just following the plan to the "t" and happy to keep losing (2nd weigh in Tuesday....can't wait). Let's face it, veggies didn't get us "here". It's important to add them in. Just avoid the stuff you know you need to. :-)

Happy Friday!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I haven't been testing my ketosis regularly. I'm just following the plan to the "t" and happy to keep losing (2nd weigh in Tuesday....can't wait). Let's face it, veggies didn't get us "here". It's important to add them in. Just avoid the stuff you know you need to. :-)

Happy Friday!
Hey! So woke up this morning craving free! Woke up in the middle of the night cause I was hungry, but just drank some water and went back to sleep. Almost 3 o'clock, haven't taken the phentimetrazine, and have only had 2 low carb protein shakes and feel content. I guess day five really is the magical day when your cravings start to subside. Thanks for the inspiration Gemini!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey! So woke up this morning craving free! Woke up in the middle of the night cause I was hungry, but just drank some water and went back to sleep. Almost 3 o'clock, haven't taken the phentimetrazine, and have only had 2 low carb protein shakes and feel content. I guess day five really is the magical day when your cravings start to subside. Thanks for the inspiration Gemini!
Hooray! Thrilled to hear that the cravings are gone. I hope you didn't ONLY have 2 protein shakes. That's not enough. Eat all of the calories you're assigned. Otherwise, your body may go into starvation mode (or so I keep being told the same thing!...lol). I'm having an amazing week and can't believe how great I feel. Keeping busy helps so much, so I'm voluntarily going into the office tomorrow....crazy, I know. I can hardly wait for my 2nd weigh-in on Tuesday morning! PS: You're an inspiration too! Keep up the great work! :-)
Old 03-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hooray! Thrilled to hear that the cravings are gone. I hope you didn't ONLY have 2 protein shakes. That's not enough. Eat all of the calories you're assigned. Otherwise, your body may go into starvation mode (or so I keep being told the same thing!...lol). I'm having an amazing week and can't believe how great I feel. Keeping busy helps so much, so I'm voluntarily going into the office tomorrow....crazy, I know. I can hardly wait for my 2nd weigh-in on Tuesday morning! PS: You're an inspiration too! Keep up the great work! :-)
Hey Gemini, so I cracked Saturday night. Got a little too intoxicated and had the drunken munchies :/. Back on track today though!

I just had one more question for you about medi that I can't remember: in the first week of induction phase, are you allowed to eat cheese and other dairy products (low carb protein shake, low carb yogurt)?

Btw, how's the diet going?! How did you
Do on your weigh in?

Thanks!
Chapman 182
Old 03-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Gemini, so I cracked Saturday night. Got a little too intoxicated and had the drunken munchies :/. Back on track today though!

I just had one more question for you about medi that I can't remember: in the first week of induction phase, are you allowed to eat cheese and other dairy products (low carb protein shake, low carb yogurt)?

Btw, how's the diet going?! How did you
Do on your weigh in?

Thanks!
Chapman 182
Hey Chapman! No, no dairy on week #1. Protein ONLY....at least at the MWL Center I go to. Others may be different. No drinking either, my friend! Lol. Ahhhh, how I miss my cocktails. It was suggested that I wait 30 days before indulging in ONE no carb cocktail and I'm already planning...:-)

Today is my last day of week #2. I weigh in tomorrow and can't wait!

Donna
Old 03-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
I was able to have light cottage cheese and plain greek yogurt. I usually would have 4oz of one or the other and no more that day tho, kept it light since I knew they had some carbs. I love the plain greek yogurt with splenda and all the spectrum of extracts (vanilla, coconut, almond... ). I still went into ketosis on day 3 but didnt start the medi shakes untill the 2nd week.
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote