Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TipsyCherry
Stats: 206/155/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/24/12
Do you work out on your Medi plan????

Just curious how many of you work out on your medi plan???? If so what do you do, how often and do you replace the calories burned? I am tackling the medi plan by myself and cant remember what they told me to do. I appreciate the help!
TipsyCherry is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mare :)
Stats: 186/148/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Center
Start Date: January 1 2012
Yup. I started off at 20 min of cardio ( elliptical & tread mill) and now I am up to about 50 min. I have also added arms and abs and back. Take what the machines tell you as far as calories burnt ( make sure u enter your weight to get most accurate number) then I log my exercise on Medi web site. I compare the two and average it for most accurate numbers. I also because I'm crazy use a calorie burning calculator on line as well. Every calorie u burn you replace w protein calories back. Now eating MORE FISH MORE CHICKEN AND MORE TURKEY PEPPERONI is the last thing u feel like doing u can replace with a shake or low carb meal bar. It's my treat at night for sure. Some have said they have worked out on Medi but didn't replace... This isn't true according to websites, my doc and NP at clinic. If you are only taking in 500 cal a day then go and burn 300 your body only sustains on 200 calories for an entire day. Even though you may not be hungry your body will def store and you will not loose. It will think you are starving. I work out 6 days a week. Again, I'm crazy but honestly
I Love it and it's working for me. I have lost 26 lbs in 9 weeks and 9.5 inches off my waist. I was at a 30 BMI and now 26. I had 73 lbs of fat consuming me.... Now I have 51. So it works. I have never felt more firm and more healthy. Good luck to you. Feel free to message me if u ever have any questions

Have a great night! You can do it!!!!
Mare :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TipsyCherry
Stats: 206/155/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/24/12
Wow! Thanks so much Mare! So if I tally up calories burned and replace with a low carb shake you think that will help???? You are right the first day I worked out and did not replace I did not lose!
I lost 6 pounds my first week, not to bad since I am doing this without the help of the clinic.
TipsyCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
I do a Karate class 2-3x a week, on those nights I drink a shake when I get home since I tend to feel a bit hungry. I dont usually do that on the off nights when I walk since it doesn't seem to make me feel hungry.
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mare :)
Stats: 186/148/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Center
Start Date: January 1 2012
Always replace . If you don't u will burn more then u take in and starvation mode Which means which means no loss!!

Shakes are great. Protein bar. A chobini. Whatever. Make it your "treat"
Mare :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetdulcelife
Stats: Start: 186lbs / Now: 177.6 / Goal: 140lbs
WOE: Weight-Loss Clinic
Start Date: December 28, 2011
Absolutely! I am doing Zumba 3 times a week. If I cannot make it to Zumba class to the gym I do Just Dance on the Wii. I'm burning Aprox 400 calories per workout.
sweetdulcelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:23 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Yep I do! I have a treadmill and use it as often as I can, at least 3 times a week. My clinic however says not to replace! I just asked at my last visit and was told since my protein calorie allotment is 500-700 to eat 650-700 on workout days. Anyone else been told something similar?
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:53 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica1129 View Post
Yep I do! I have a treadmill and use it as often as I can, at least 3 times a week. My clinic however says not to replace! I just asked at my last visit and was told since my protein calorie allotment is 500-700 to eat 650-700 on workout days. Anyone else been told something similar?
If you are at the higher end of the protein allowed then you are essentially replacing the calories you burn. Your clinic may be saying not to "replace" because some people will use that an as opportunity to eat junk or off-plan and totally defeat the progress they made through working out. It's also easy for people to overestimate how many calories they are really burning
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote