Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Medi App (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/758856-medi-app.html)

MiniMomma 02-20-2012 05:20 PM

Medi App

I am a gadgit junkie, and today at my clinic they said they had an app I could use to log my food, it would load to my chart and I wouldnt have to write it out... but now that I am home looking, I cant find an app anywhere. Anyone know about it?:dunno:

Mare :) 02-21-2012 11:36 AM

Would love to find that app!!!

MiniMomma 02-21-2012 02:59 PM

I searched all over and couldnt find it, I have a droid phone not an apple iphone. I checked on my son's ipod and found it so right now it seems only those with ipod/iphone/ipad can access it. I also checked on my Kindle fire with no luck. I just dont understand how an app can only work with one system :( i feel neglected from the medi app lol :p

Michelynn 02-21-2012 03:45 PM

I have a Palm phone, and we're very neglected in the app department. :(

But I also have an iPad so I'll have to check for the Medi app later -- that's exciting! I'm surprised they're not promoting it more b/c I haven't heard about it at the clinic and didn't see anything when I looked on the website.

Thanks for letting us know! :)

Jessica1129 02-21-2012 06:29 PM

I have a blackberry and I don't have it either. Itd be nice though!

dbintn 02-21-2012 07:17 PM

there is no app. they are most likely talking about LoseIt (iOS/Android) or ************ (Android). I use LoseIt for android

Jessica1129 02-21-2012 07:26 PM

I use ************ on my blackberry. I've heard there's a medi app coming a little while ago, on their facebook page. They said it would be an iPhone app though.

jbjb93 02-22-2012 10:04 AM

I use ************. Used to use fat secret but switched as *** has a place to track water consumption.
Lots of food entries. I have updated ones I use a lot for net carbs.

MiniMomma 02-22-2012 02:15 PM

I did find it on my son's ipod so its seemingly and apple only app right now. I use *********** for food tracking but since I started Medi, writing it down and logging it in seemed a bit repetative. My understanding from the clinic was if you log in the Medi app it goes into your chart so you dont have to write it down too.... I will hold out hope that it goes to the other users soon.:aprayer:

2Meezers 02-22-2012 09:00 PM

I have an iPhone...I can't wait to check out the app!

schleprock 03-25-2012 05:48 PM

I was annoyed that their is no Android app and considering 51% of the total smart phone market is Android how did they miss that?

Mommy-2-girls 03-25-2012 05:53 PM

No, there is an actual Medi Weight Loss app with their logo and everything. I already use Livestrong to track calories but a quick search on my iPhone and the Medi app popped right up. It's free, BTW.

schleprock 03-25-2012 07:50 PM

I like the ************ app for calorie tracking

Twisted Suze 04-02-2012 11:36 AM

I have an iPhone4 (not the 4S that talks to you).

I located MWL's app, but I needed to download updates to my phone first before it will download that app.
I've had trouble getting the download to finish before it's completed. The signal goes and interrupts it.
Once I get that aggravation cleared up, I'll be adding MWL's App.

I guess they have to start somewhere with the App before they make it accessible to everyone.?....work out any bugs it has and then make it available to all ?
Just guessing.....I don't know.

schleprock 04-03-2012 07:54 PM

if you were going to start somewhere Android has 51% of the smart phones in service... the rest is divided up by iPhone, Blackberry's, Windows etc...

kbhayward 04-05-2012 09:48 AM

I downloaded the MEDI App to my IPAD and I must say that I was not very impressed. If you want to look at the graph regarding weightloss, it is great. But as far as using it to add food or look up values, it is not very user friendly.

I prefer to use ************ over the Medi App.

I would love to have a food journal through the Medi website that I could use and it would also allow them to review the information. I hate writing it down!!!

schleprock 04-06-2012 04:21 PM

I agree that should put one on the website....but then people might BUY the journals....

Herewego 04-11-2012 09:25 AM

Yeah I also own loaded the Medi app on my iPhone ....nt impressed at all! Not user friendly...it's just easier for me to journal...lol perhaps I'm just a dinosaur....