Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 287.0/210.6/215.3
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 28 2012
Today I had my 15th weigh in on the program and Lost 4.0 lbs

Good morning all too all you losers out there!!!

Today I had my 15th weigh in on the program and Lost 4.0 lbs

I have lost 51.6 LBS TO DATE. !!!!

MEDI WEIGHTLOSS THE PROGRAM THAT DOES WORK !!!!
andyg-fit-in-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meggers
Stats: 274/259/150
Start Date: May 2012
How do I add the info at the bottom of my post so it shows up every time?
meggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggers View Post
How do I add the info at the bottom of my post so it shows up every time?
Instructions on how to add a ticker into your signature (pictures included!)
Old 06-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the tips...only been a member for a few days. Guess I will have to wait! Thanks though!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy 2 lowcarb
I registered on this site just so I could reply to this thread --
I joined Medi on 12/21/10 - right before the holidays! I didn't care, I was so upset and depressed that I had to lose the weight somehow --it is definitely NOT a miracle cure, you have to work hard and stay on track BUT if you do fall off, just get back on immediately!
By Sept 2011, I had lost 110 lbs -- I was sooo thankful to Medi and the wonderful staff. I eat low carb 90% of the time now, always cooking low carb meals and desserts -- its a LIFELONG commitment, I can't go back to eating the way I was eating or the weight WILL COME BACK ON! I moderately exercise but I REFUSE to go back to my old eating habits, they're weren't healthy and I definitely DON'T need all those carbs and sugar that I had been eating. Good luck to everyone and never forget that WE CAN DO THIS! remember, any food that tempts you is not something you've never had before -- you've had it and that's the reason why we're on Medi -- good luck!!
Happy 2 lowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Today was my 3rd weigh in. I lost 1.8 total and 3.2 in fat. It feels really slow right now to only be my 3rd week I would hate to slow down now. I am following the plan to a t. They seemed alot more pleased this week with my fat loss. Total loss to date is 15lbs. Thanks to everyone!!

Week 1-274
Week 2-260.8
Week 3-259

So ready to be below 250!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Remember the most important thing here. You did not put on the weight in two or three weeks. It took quite a while. It will take time to lose it - safely and permanently. And fat loss is important as well. The internal body fat that you cannot see - you want that to go away as well. As long as you are losing, you are going in the right direction. 2-3 pounds a week is good progress.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Simplynathalia
Stats: 240/235/140
WOE: MWC
Start Date: June 11 2012
Mathsci I've read your first post when you stated your start weight at 348... How much do you weight now? Today was my first appointment at MWC
I start on Monday.

Best
Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathSci View Post
Back to my usual Monday afternoon weigh-ins this week! I don't like having a holiday fall on my weigh-in day! Lost 1.2 lbs... I had prepared myself to be happy with any loss this week since I felt that last week's loss number was not accurate since I was weighing in early in the morning. So I'm happy with the 1.2 lbs! Now I need to get down to business this week so I can break into the 260's next week!
Simplynathalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:39 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MathSci
Stats: 303.5/253.0/200
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: November 26, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplynathalia View Post
Mathsci I've read your first post when you stated your start weight at 348... How much do you weight now? Today was my first appointment at MWC
I start on Monday.

Best
Nat
Hi, Nat!

Last Monday I weighed in at 271.8 pounds, down a total of 77 pounds since I started back in January. Good luck! I've been really happy with how this has worked so far. My blood pressure is down as well as my cholesterol. The first week was the toughest, but it gets better after that. Just stick with it!
MathSci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Simplynathalia
Stats: 240/235/140
WOE: MWC
Start Date: June 11 2012
@MathSci Wow!!awesome!! You're an inspiration!!!

Keep up the good work
Simplynathalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #161
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Peacefuldove
Stats: 286/286/160
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 6/11/2012
Hello - New here!

Hi Everyone,
I am new here and need all the support and encouragement I can get. Reading your posts, I am so inspired. My starting weight is 286 pounds and I am feeling overwhelmed with the amount of weight I need to lose. My Medi journet starts tomorrow and any suggestions are welcomed! With 126 pounds to lose, I am in for the long. Looking forward to meeting new friends that understand the struggle.
Warm Regards...
Peacefuldove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #162
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Peacefuldove
Stats: 286/286/160
Start Date: 6/11/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathSci View Post
Hi, Nat!

Last Monday I weighed in at 271.8 pounds, down a total of 77 pounds since I started back in January. Good luck! I've been really happy with how this has worked so far. My blood pressure is down as well as my cholesterol. The first week was the toughest, but it gets better after that. Just stick with it!
Hi MathSci,
You are such an inspiration! Thank you!
Peacefuldove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! I'm just plugging along here trying to do what I can to get this weight off and get healthier. It really hasn't been bad and I sure do feel a lot better. I can walk easier and do not get winded like I used to. Today at my weigh-in, I was down 2.2 lbs for a total of 79.2. That also put my weight in the 260's and I can't even remember when I was last there!

Good luck! Believe me, I know it is discouraging to have over 100 pounds to lose and it is going to take some time, but at least we are going in the right direction now! We can do this!!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Week 16 LOst 2.6 lbs down 54.2 lbs keep up the work all

Good Day all too all you losers out there!!!

Today I had my 16th weigh in on the program and Lost 2.6 lbs

I have lost 54.2 LBS TO DATE. !!!!

MEDI WEIGHTLOSS THE PROGRAM THAT DOES WORK !!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Wtg Andy!
ericak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

It's the end of my 21st week and had my weigh-in earlier today than normal since I am now on summer break! Yahoo! So nice to get to sleep in and wake up on my own instead of hearing my awful alarm clock!

I lost 3.1 lbs. and have now lost 82.3 lbs total! And with that loss, I have now lost more than any other female patient at my clinic (the previous "record" was 82 lbs.)! So I asked what my prize was and there is no prize. Haha! But the manager did say that if I continued losing, there was something I'd get when I lost 100 lbs. Hope it is a free month of visits! I can dream....

Even with that 82.3 lbs lost, I can still stand to lose another 82.3 lbs so the journey is definitely not over. But I'm very proud of what I have done so far and hope I can keep it up. And it's the non-scale accomplishments that I'm really loving. On Saturday, I went into an auditorium where, the last time I was there, I had to position myself sideways to fit into the seat. This time I was able to fit into the seat easily - now fitting my legs in was another issue! I think they spaced those rows apart for people that are only 4 feet tall! Last week I had my picture taken with some of my students and I actually kind of liked the photo! I usually hate seeing myself in pictures because I look so much fatter than I think I am. And my clothes are falling off of me! One of my summer projects is to go through my closets and take out the clothes that are too big.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Tough day.... for most of the day I have been really hungry Since it is Sunday, I was at the house most of the day so maybe that is why.... usually I have a lot of stuff to do that keeps my mind off of food. I tried drinking water and snacking on some turkey pepperoni, but it didn't work. Now I'm drinking another VitaminWater Zero (I usually just drink one a day) to see if it will help the hunger go away. I'm going to bed soon so hopefully my hunger pains will not keep me up and I'll fall asleep quickly. I'm really don't know what else I can do but try to take my mind off of it. I go tomorrow to weigh-in so maybe they'll have some suggestions.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #168
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: overachiever63
Stats: Ht - 5'2" Wt - 183.2/176.2/145 or a size 4
Start Date: June 2012
Hey Mathsci,

Just thought I' pop in and thank you for being such an inspiration! I just started Medi this month, and seeing the success you've had sticking with the program, I feel reassured that I'm making the right decision. Good luck with your journey, and congratulations for making it so far! I'll make sure I keep following your progress; seeing your accomplishments, and others', is a lovely motivator.

Thank you,

Gabrielle
overachiever63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Gabrielle! Good luck to you!

Had my weekly weigh-in today and lost 2 lbs this week for a total of 84.3 lbs! Yesterday I was so hungry and I asked the PA about it. She asked how much protein I had the day before. She said if I didn't have enough protein that could affect how I was feeling. Also, since I had company visiting this weekend, she said I may have been exhausted and that was my body's way of reacting. She said if it happens again to go ahead and eat more protein and/or have an extra serving of vegetables. I also think I'm fighting a sinus infection or allergies so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Two weeks until my yearly physical which I skipped last year because I was so embarrassed about how heavy I had gotten! I'm hoping I can be in the 250's by the time I have my appointment on July 10, but if not, I'll be still be lighter than this doctor has ever seen me!

Good luck to everyone!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Today I had my 18th weigh in on the program and Lost 4.1 lbs

Good afternoon all too all you losers out there!!!

END OF MONTH 4….. DRUM ROLL ………………………….

Today I had my 18th weigh in on the program and Lost 4.1 lbs

I have lost 58.5 LBS TO DATE. !!!!

I have lost over 20% of my body weight

MEDI WEIGHTLOSS THE PROGRAM THAT DOES WORK!!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Challenging weekend because I had relatives in town and the weather was too hot to go out which meant I was cooking, eating and staying inside. Definitely not good for my diet and it showed in my weigh-in this morning.... only lost 0.5 lbs.... but I'm really glad I didn't go up. I was afraid I would! I don't think I necessarily ate a lot of extra food, but the foods I did eat were higher in fat. Some relatives brought in fried chicken with all the bad fixings for Friday night and then some other brought up some famous pork BBQ that is sold in their town. And then we grilled ribeyes on Saturday night. Ph, well....

So now I need to get back on track this week! It's going to be challenging because I'm going out for lunch to meet old friends twice this week and then there is July 4th. I need to find a way to get some exercising in even if it is hot outside!
Old 07-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Happy Independence Day! Hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday!!

Old 07-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #173
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bahet
Stats: 280/208/149
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 05/03/12
I made my first major goal! Hubby left for 6 months in Afghanistan this past Friday. I wanted to be below 250 before he left. I was at 249.6. I've lost over 30 lbs. It seems a lot slower than I thought it would as it took 2 months to lose those 30 lbs but, really, I've never lost that much in 2 months (or even 4 months) before. I seem to be stuck at about 1.8 lbs/week. I'd REALLY like to kick that up to 3 lbs/week so I can be at or really close to my goal weight by the time he gets home. My birthday is 17 weeks from today. My next MAJOR goal is to be below 200 lbs by then. That will mean 2.8 lbs/week loss though.

I am kicking it into gear with the exercise now too. I've done 10,000 steps every day this week except 2 when I did 8000 steps. I've also done 40 minutes on the stepper every day except today but I did 20 minutes on the treadmill with some of that being at a 10% incline and the rest at a 5% speed of 3.3mph but did 2 min of 4mph. It was enough that I worked up a sweat. The incline makes a big difference. I'm still going to do some on the stepper today. It's summer vacation for the kids and I work form home setting my own hours so being up late/sleeping in is the norm right now with DH gone.

My only problem is that I know I'm not eating enough. I'm just not hungry or we get busy and I end up going 4-5 hours between eating. I don't know if that's why I am no longer in ketosis or what either but that's bugging me too. I am drinking about 96 oz of liquid/day. My next appointment is tomorrow. Hopefully they can fix me.
Bahet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #174
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: travelingras
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: June 26 2012
Congratulations Bahet!

I applaud you for staying on course, I am just starting my 2nd week on plan so could you share what helped you stay on plan so far. I know trying different recipes may help me because I am getting bored with just meat and eggs, but I can now add veggies and fruit so maybe that will help.

I also have the issue of not eating enough, but I am a lot of times not hungry and I am taking the natural AS. So, my clinic told that if I don't eat it will not come off because your body is in starvation mode. I know that, but I it is hard to eat when I am not hungry, but I am going to make myself eat even if it is just drinking a protein shake.

I hope you have a good week and keep up the good work.

RAS
travelingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingras View Post
Congratulations Bahet!

I applaud you for staying on course, I am just starting my 2nd week on plan so could you share what helped you stay on plan so far. I know trying different recipes may help me because I am getting bored with just meat and eggs, but I can now add veggies and fruit so maybe that will help.

I also have the issue of not eating enough, but I am a lot of times not hungry and I am taking the natural AS. So, my clinic told that if I don't eat it will not come off because your body is in starvation mode. I know that, but I it is hard to eat when I am not hungry, but I am going to make myself eat even if it is just drinking a protein shake.

I hope you have a good week and keep up the good work.

RAS
My husband was doing it with me while he was here. That helped a lot. No junk food brought into the house because neither of us could eat it. What we did buy for the kids we had them take up to the mancave - out of sight, out of mind.

I'm a bit sick of eggs too but there's so much variety with meats that I can't get bored. I've made chicken Cordon Bleu, jaggerschnitzel, all kinds of fish, shrimp, turkey burgers, grill, bake, broil, sautee, stir fry, pan fry (I have cast iron pans so no oil needed), etc. For snacks we'll take 2 slices of ham lunch meat, spread 1/2 a laughing cow on each, cut a pickle wedge in half and put one piece on each, then roll up. It's quite good. Kroger has a Carb Master yogurt that's really good too. Our Kroger has a really good international section. In the English portion there's a product called Bisto Gravy Granuals. They look like little pellets but you can thicken broth with it for about 4 carbs in 1/4 cup. It makes a nice gravy.

Starvation mode is really an overused and very inaccurate term. It takes a LONG time for your body to think you are starving. Really, if your body went into starvation mode just because you went 6 hours without food there would be no such thing as an anorexic. The food helps kick up your metabolism but your body won't think you are starving unless you actually are starving.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations to everyone for doing such a great job!

I have not been feeling so peppy the last week and have had an uncomfortable feeling in my chest at times so I mentioned this to the PA at my weigh-in today. They did an EKG which they compared to the one I had done back in January and it has changed. The PA explained what she could but she said she was not an expert and I needed to take my EKG results from today and last time to my doctor to get checked out. Luckily, I have my annual physical tomorrow morning so I don't have to wait a long time before I can see my doctor. Even so, I'm really worried about this and I don't think I'll be getting much rest tonight. All sorts of thoughts are going through my head. My mom died of a heart attack at 51 and I'm only 3 years shy of that age. I'm praying that this is nothing too serious and something that can be fixed. I'll let you know.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Praying for you for good news tomorrow

Andy
Old 07-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

60 LBS down in 19 Weeks !!!!!

Good afternoon all too all you losers out there!!!

Today I had my 19th weigh in on the program and Lost 1.4 lbs

I have lost 60.4 LBS TO DATE. !!!! and 12 Inches in the waist !!!

MEDI WEIGHTLOSS THE PROGRAM THAT DOES WORK!!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #179
Junior LCF Member

How are you Math? I know it's only been a few days but I'm worried about you.

I had a REALLY good week. Down 6.6 lbs!!! I haven't had much energy yesterday and today. Procrastinating housework too even though we have guests coming on Sunday. I am going to head outside in just a bit and do some weeding and hedge trimming though. It really needs it.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

I'm here! And WOW, Bahet!! That's awesome Keep up the good work!

So far, all my tests have come out good! My doctor called on Friday afternoon to tell me that the prelimanary results from the nuclear stress test looked good. It's going to be about 2 weeks before I get final results. This week I have an echocardiogram and a couple other tests. I have not had any chest pains for a couple days now, also. I have not been taking any appetitite suppressants or other supplements this week and also did not go in for the mid-week shots because I wasn't sure if anything I was taking was the cause. And unfortunately, with everything on my mind, I have not been diligent about following the diet this week. I'm going to get back on the wagon tomorrow though and see how I can do this week without the AS. My doctor was not thrilled about the AS when I saw her for my physical this past week. I'm hoping that I can continue own with the diet but without using the AS.