Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   My first appointment is the 23rd of Feb!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/758084-my-first-appointment-23rd-feb.html)

joyfuljamiea 02-15-2012 06:10 PM

My first appointment is the 23rd of Feb!!!

I am so excited!!!!! I can not wait to get started!!!! I am a little nervous too....just don't know what to expect:) Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated:)

JJ

Mare :) 02-15-2012 07:55 PM

You'll love it!!!! It's a bit tedious at first but totally worth it. Drink all your water and journal EVERYTHING!!!!!! Some people at my clinic do not journal and they do not loose as much as those who do. It's a great habit to get into as far as really being accountable for everything u eat.

Good luck!!! You'll be very pleased !!!

DD80 02-16-2012 03:45 PM

GOOD LUCK! You'll do great!

MiniMomma 02-16-2012 05:19 PM

I did alot of reading here prior to my first appointment. I was very excited to start, and I am still just as excited as I am going along. I have a very helpful clinic (i understand not all do) however, everyone here has been so helpful in my journey.
:welcome:

Janet79 02-17-2012 02:05 PM

I am starting week 3. My advice would be make sure you drink your water and eat your required calories of protein (usually 500). This is what promotes ketosis which promotes weight loss. Good Luck!

joyfuljamiea 02-19-2012 01:14 PM

Thanks SO much everyone!!!! I am SO excited and can not wait to get started!!!!

Twisted Suze 02-23-2012 12:59 PM

Best of luck to you with your journey !

You'll have the better results if at least 75% of your fluids are plain water.
I know that's boring as hell.....but water does work best.

If you're dying for a sweet taste, try some of the diet root beers, or there's one by Hansen that's diet Strawberry-Kiwi that's Very sweet.
Hansen uses Splenda (sucralose) to sweeten their diet drinks.
I'd save that for the end of the day as a treat.....worked for me and it still counts as part of your fluids.

One way to get some of the water out of the way early is drink a 16 oz. glass of water as soon as possible when you first get up.
It doesn't stay in your stomach long before it moves on cause you're totally empty.
I drink a second 16 oz. glass before eating breakfast.
(Almost No one is eating breakfast within minutes after rising. You have more time than you think for this.)
I always use a 16 oz. glass and always use a straw for plain water.
You can drink it a Lot faster using a straw.

Also before eating lunch and dinner, drink another 16 oz. glass.

The MWL that I go to gave me a range of protein calories between 500 and 750.
If your location didn't offer you that, ask them about it.
Makes a difference if you're just wanting a little more.
500 alone isn't enough for me.

Hope that helps some and good luck !

joyfuljamiea 02-24-2012 02:37 PM

Thanks so much!!! My appt went great!!! I am also allowed up to 750! I drank tons of just plain water :) I am going to stick with that as much as possible:)
Thanks for all the tips!!!
I am so excited!!!!!
JJ

MiniMomma 02-24-2012 06:04 PM

You can do it! The first week is the challenge, but once you get gong it works great. The AS helps but mostly its the protein foods keeping you from that starving feeling you may have felt from non LC plans.

Herewego 02-28-2012 04:26 AM

Welcome joyful!! Week one can be a bit rough but hang in there its totally worth it. Once you get comfortable with how the eating plan works its a piece of cake (sorry for the cake comment) ! :) you'll be supervised at how much food is in 500-750 cal of protein!! Good luck on week one... Check in here and post often, it's a great support system!!

Charity085 02-28-2012 06:33 AM

Just starting the diet today!!!

Im just starting today, and Im a little nervous b/c they only let me take 2 app. suppressants a day b/c I had a hight heart rate.. I tried to tell the lady it was b/c I was running trying to make my appointment lol but she said she had to go off what she read, sooo... Im hoping this week is managable!

Herewego 02-28-2012 06:47 AM

Welcome Charity!! I sometimes only take two a day and it's really enough ...if I take 3 even if I take the last one @ 2pm sometimes I'm awake all night! I'm sure you'll rock it out... Hopefully your pulse will be lower next week! :) Good luck!!

Charity085 02-28-2012 11:59 AM

Thank you!!! Im looking forward to the results! Im glad I found this forum, its great motivation!

joyfuljamiea 03-04-2012 02:14 PM

Thank you Herewego!!! I am doing great!!!!! My first week I lost 9.5 lbs!!!! So excited to kick week twos butt!!! @charity I only take 1 along with the vitamins and injections and I have hardly been hungry this whole time!!! I am sure you will do fine!!!
Jamie