Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MathSci
Stats: 303.5/253.0/200
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: November 26, 2013
Dreading Friday/Have to go out to eat!

I've been on the program for 3 weeks now and am in my 4th. So far, so good (except for the constipation which I'm trying to solve by taking metamucil and concentrating on eating high-fiber vegetables). I've lost 24 pounds! However, on Friday I'm really going to be challenged and am worried about getting out of ketosis. On Friday for lunch, I will be at an all-you-can-eat pizza place with a bunch of middle schoolers and then that night I have to go out to a group dinner at TGIFriday's where I know I'm not going to be able to avoid the carbohydrates. My clinic said to stay under 35 carbs each day and I don't know how I'm going to be able to do that on Friday! I've been looking over calorie counters trying to figure out what my best alternatives are. I'm assuming Friday is going to get me out of ketosis so I should go back to eating just protein on Saturday and Sunday. How long does it take to get back into it? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? I'm not looking forward to the headaches and irritability I experienced the first week of this diet. Will it be as bad this time around if it is just the one day that takes me out of ketosis? Usually I really look forward to Friday's getting here, but this time I'm dreading Friday! HELP!
MathSci is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mare :)
Stats: 186/148/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Center
Start Date: January 1 2012
Girl your best bet is bring bring your own food. But if that's really not an option stick to your normal diet. Special order ya know? I personally wouldn't eat any of the fried stiff. I mean hey ... I know we feel like we so deserve it but we are also paying a lot of money to do this diet. It can sometimes take 3 or 4 days to get back in ketosis. You can do it !!!! Stay strong!!!!!
Mare :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jennytang
Stats: 212/169/150
Start Date: January 2012
Mathsci -

I've been on the program for about 6 weeks now and have gone out to eat at least 4 or 5 times since. It seems like all restaurants have a healthy option. At TGIFridays you could get grilled salmon or a steak with some veggies. As for the pizza party, I agree with Mare - can you bring your own lunch?

These are the challenges we face but you can do it!!
jennytang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/6/11
I've been to the pizza buffet with my family. I get a salad and pizza. And then I eat only the toppings off the pizza and leave all of the crust. I feel bad about doing it b/c I hate to waste food, but they don't have a toppings-only section on the buffet.

I haven't been to Friday's, but I've been to other restaurants and can always find a salad with chicken. I ask them to leave things off if needed and put the dressing on the side. Or a chicken or steak entree with veggie sides works well too. I've also ordered a burger or sandwich and didn't eat the bun (used a knife & fork).

I highly recommend looking at the website ahead of time and having your plan in mind before you go. You'll be less likely to settle for something else if you make the decision when you're not starving & sitting in the restaurant!
Abdomen -15.5
Hips -10
Michelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelynn View Post
I've been to the pizza buffet with my family. I get a salad and pizza. And then I eat only the toppings off the pizza and leave all of the crust. I feel bad about doing it b/c I hate to waste food, but they don't have a toppings-only section on the buffet.

I haven't been to Friday's, but I've been to other restaurants and can always find a salad with chicken. I ask them to leave things off if needed and put the dressing on the side. Or a chicken or steak entree with veggie sides works well too. I've also ordered a burger or sandwich and didn't eat the bun (used a knife & fork).

I highly recommend looking at the website ahead of time and having your plan in mind before you go. You'll be less likely to settle for something else if you make the decision when you're not starving & sitting in the restaurant!
These are all great recommendations!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MathSci
Stats: 303.5/253.0/200
Start Date: November 26, 2013
Update on Friday: For lunch, I ate a small salad and ate the cheese/pepperoni off of 2 slices of pizza. Very tough to sit there while everyone else was pigging out! Then at TGIFridays, I had some potstickers (there went my carb limit!) and the small steak with broccoli. I was proud of myself that I didn't eat even one tortillo chip. I also tried to drink a bunch of water on Friday. I estimate that I probably had about 50 grams of carbs, which is over the limit of 35 grams set for me by my clinic. I tested for ketosis on Saturday and Sunday mornings and I'm still in ketosis so far. Saturday I tried to have very few carbs to hopefully make up for going over my limit on Friday. Today (Sunday) since I tested in ketosis, I did eat some broccoli because I need the fiber. I weigh in tomorrow afternoon so I'm hoping it isn't too bad.
MathSci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mare :)
Stats: 186/148/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Center
Start Date: January 1 2012
Good for you!!!
Mare :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Good job MathSCi.....it was HARD but you DID it!!!
MaraMom is offline   Reply With Quote