Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   If Little Losses & Slight Gains are Discouraging... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/757826-if-little-losses-slight-gains-discouraging.html)

Michelynn 02-13-2012 06:40 PM

If Little Losses & Slight Gains are Discouraging...

Here is a little summary that might help you see the big picture. :)

# of weeks in which I...
Lost 5 or more pounds: 2
Lost 4-4.9 pounds: 0
Lost 3-3.9 pounds: 4
Lost 2-2.9 pounds: 6
Lost 1-1.9 pounds: 5
Lost less than 1 pound: 1
Gained overall (.2-1.0): 4
Gained water: 10
Lost water: 11

In 22 weeks, I have lost 43.8 pounds -- 8.8 water, 31.8 fat! Those "little" numbers add up!! :clap:

Don't set your expectations too high and get discouraged if you don't see the number you were hoping for. This program works, but it's not going to be a linear equation. You will have fluctuations, and you will see a downward trend over time.

And if you're not taking measurements, start doing so now. Sometimes you will have a gain or small loss and then measure and see that you're making progress.

It's a marathon -- not a series of sprints!!

Bre94 02-14-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelynn (Post 15414566)
Here is a little summary that might help you see the big picture. :)

# of weeks in which I...
Lost 5 or more pounds: 2
Lost 4-4.9 pounds: 0
Lost 3-3.9 pounds: 4
Lost 2-2.9 pounds: 6
Lost 1-1.9 pounds: 5
Lost less than 1 pound: 1
Gained overall (.2-1.0): 4
Gained water: 10
Lost water: 11

In 22 weeks, I have lost 43.8 pounds -- 8.8 water, 31.8 fat! Those "little" numbers add up!! :clap:

Don't set your expectations too high and get discouraged if you don't see the number you were hoping for. This program works, but it's not going to be a linear equation. You will have fluctuations, and you will see a downward trend over time.

And if you're not taking measurements, start doing so now. Sometimes you will have a gain or small loss and then measure and see that you're making progress.

It's a marathon -- not a series of sprints!!

Michelynn :clap::clap::jumpjoy:, that was well said and so true. I'm in this for the long haul. I didn't gain it overnight and I don't expect to lose it overnight.

Bre

Mare :) 02-14-2012 05:52 PM

Your so right!!!! Last week was .5 lbs. This week almost 4. First day of week 7 and i have lost 19 lbs. Went from 54 lbs of fat to 31!!! That's amazing!!! Lost 4 inches off my waist. Its hard for me because I do up to 40 min of cardio EVERYDAY!!!! ( I may skip tomorro because it's my husbands b day lol). I am fighting a good fight and thought it would come off faster.... ESP with become a gym rat again but really 19 lbs in 7 weeks is pretty outstanding !

Great post btw :)

DD80 02-15-2012 08:05 AM

Thank you for the post! It shows that up/down trends in weight loss are perfectly normal! It is encouraging! :clap:

relsomrr 02-16-2012 04:21 PM

Thank You for sharing this.....I'm getting discouraged.

jaimemmc 02-16-2012 06:45 PM

I just started last week. Thanks for your post, I think it helps to keeps my expectations realistic! So well put! :-)