Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Hey all!! Need some advice... Please!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/757767-hey-all-need-some-advice-please.html)

Mare :) 02-13-2012 01:58 PM

Hey all!! Need some advice... Please!!!

So I am doing Medi weight loss diet. I know there is a forum for this but it's pretty slow. Lol

Have a question for anyone who can help.

I am eating 500 cal a day of protein. I am also working out (25-30 elliptical burning 200-250 cal and 15-25 of tread mil burning 100-175)

Now I am told by my clinic to replace those calories burnt with protein. This is sometimes quite hard I also have read many people on this diet did NOT replace calories burnt off.

Please help me see your prospective if possible. Just looking for advice and your thoughts.

Thank you all so much!!!

Mare .

Joy2UnMe 02-15-2012 07:30 AM

I am thinking you are not receiving feedback because this is likely not the correct forum.

DD80 02-15-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mare :) (Post 15413624)
So I am doing Medi weight loss diet. I know there is a forum for this but it's pretty slow. Lol

Have a question for anyone who can help.

I am eating 500 cal a day of protein. I am also working out (25-30 elliptical burning 200-250 cal and 15-25 of tread mil burning 100-175)

Now I am told by my clinic to replace those calories burnt with protein. This is sometimes quite hard I also have read many people on this diet did NOT replace calories burnt off.

Please help me see your prospective if possible. Just looking for advice and your thoughts.

Thank you all so much!!!

Mare .

I was told by my clinic the same thing and I at least try to drink a protein shake, or 2 light babybel cheeses, or 1 oz of almonds, or 1 tbsp of sunflower butter. It doesn't replace ALL the calories burned, but it is something. Protein shakes are best at this point in weight loss (in my opinion). I think that if you aren't getting a enough protein, you will not build muscle. 500 cals of protein a day is not much and is just enough to get you through. If you exercise, your body needs more fuel. It is about making sure your body has enough fuel to BUILD muscle.

Mare :) 02-16-2012 06:53 PM

Thanks girl. My NP basically said what ever I'm doing is working. I'll keep going the way I have been I guess. I replace with shakes and maybe a chobini. But as far as MORE CHICKEN AND FISH....NO THANK YOU!!! After hitting 500 with all that I'm good!!!

Twisted Suze 02-17-2012 11:34 AM

I was told from the beginning that the protein calorie range is between 500 and 750 calories.
That doesn't count the added veggies or veggie/fruit...plus the snack you're allowed.
I'd shoot myself if I had to eat chicken most of the time.
I love shrimp, but that's too high to eat all the time.
I always add a 1/2 oz. of finely grated regular cheese over my eggs every AM. (scrambled)

Janet79 02-17-2012 12:27 PM

I was told for every 30 min of cardio, add 50 cal before and 50 after. For every hour, add 100 cal before and 100 after. I have never been a big meat eater, so it is very hard for me to get the 500 cals. If I could, I would probably eat scrambled eggs all day, every day.

Mare :) 02-17-2012 02:24 PM

See my clinic told me every calorie I burnt off doing cardio ( I use machine readings and Medi site compare then average) I needed to replace with protein. Sometimes that is tough. Some people have said they did Medi and worked out and replaced nothing. Conflicting. I don't want to eat too much. Ya know!?