Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Sometimes I feel like what's the point???? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/756733-sometimes-i-feel-like-whats-point.html)

Mare :) 02-07-2012 10:42 AM

Sometimes I feel like what's the point????

Sad weigh in today. .5 loss. Up in water AGAIN!!!

I never cheat. I mean ever. At gym 6 days a week. Drink bath tub amounts of water.... And only 16 lbs in now 5 weeks. Was totally hoping for bigger results I guess.

Sorry to be such a downer... Just to go alllll week... Step on the scale and see nothing THEN shell out 70 bucks for it hurts.

Ok. I'm done *****ing.

Have a good day all. :down:

Michelynn 02-07-2012 11:05 AM

Did you lose fat?

I gained water for several weeks in a row and finally lost some of it today.

Are you taking measurements?

One reason that I love Medi and didn't like Weight Watchers is b/c I can see that this is working even if the overall loss isn't what I want. On WW, I would get on the scale and see a gain, tiny loss, or no change and be really frustrated. With Medi, I can see when I lose fat and gain water, and while it's not what I'm hoping to see, I know that it will balance out and that I'm making progress.

DD80 02-07-2012 11:30 AM

Is it close to TOM? IT's ok! I know we like to see the scale move down every time, but it isn't always possible. When I did weight watchers, I'd have 3 weeks of piddly losses (like .3, .8, and .6), and then the week after TOM, I'd have like a 3.4lb loss. It was crazy.

Also, sometimes, we lose the fat in the cell, but then the fat cell takes up the water you drink to hold it's shape in hopes of getting more fat. After a few days, they finally just give it up and you'll have a whoosh on the scale.

Mare :) 02-07-2012 04:23 PM

Yup. TOM , that *******, came two days ago. I did loose fat. I really need to focus more on that. The "weight" is the whole picture. 16 lbs of fat in 5 weeks is pretty good... Just really hate seeing a week go by with nothing.....

Sandinga80 02-07-2012 05:15 PM

It happens to all of us around our TOM...don't get frustrated, just remember, as long as you're losing fat that's all that matters and try not to get hung up on the number on the scale...if it helps, I retain about 5 pounds of water during my TOM and I've lost 30 pounds in two months, and I'm not going to the gym like you are ;)

reinvented 02-08-2012 03:37 AM

Boy do I know how you feel. But as everyone mentioned guess you just have to keep going you've already come this far. Some days I just want to eat a cheeseburger and be done with it all. But that will just make me even more unhappy.....Here's to a great week 6!!

Mare :) 02-08-2012 03:45 AM

You guys are so right I know. Just A very expensive "let down" Sometimes I wish I told fewer people of my diet/exercise plan then I wouldn't have to give up dates. Lol

Hey Reinvented... Where in Boston? I'm at Hanscom AFB :)

DD80 02-08-2012 06:59 AM

Yes the money always is in the back of my brain too. I get it...I totally do. Just keep moving forward. If you don't lose again and again, perhaps you need to find something else. Medi isn't always for every person. I think about that too.

Mare :) 02-08-2012 10:15 AM

Today is a new day. Back to the gym and killed 270 cal off on the elliptical. Next Tuesday will be better. I just know it!!! I mean really 16 lbs in 5 weeks is great. Pants are all getting baggier by the day and people are now noticing. So why cry about some water retention !? Lol. Here's to week 7!!!!

DD80 02-08-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mare :) (Post 15399320)
Today is a new day. Back to the gym and killed 270 cal off on the elliptical. Next Tuesday will be better. I just know it!!! I mean really 16 lbs in 5 weeks is great. Pants are all getting baggier by the day and people are now noticing. So why cry about some water retention !? Lol. Here's to week 7!!!!

Great attitude! Keep up the good work! :high5: