Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   I ate a whole bag of lettuce by myself! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/755944-i-ate-whole-bag-lettuce-myself.html)

DD80 02-02-2012 10:17 AM

I ate a whole bag of lettuce by myself!

...And I can't say I'm happy about it. :dunno: :)

Lettuce usually goes bad in my fridge, so I've been determined to eat it. Today, I packed my last salad with avocado and I'm so darn happy I could cry! It's gone! It's finally gone! I will not be buying lettuce for awhile. :D Unless, of course, I get some in my bountiful basket order. Oh, the irony. :cry:

If you hadn't guessed...lettuce is not exactly my favorite thing. :)

DD80 02-02-2012 12:49 PM

Eating my last bit of lettuce now...:sick: :laugh:

Twisted Suze 02-02-2012 01:09 PM

One day last week I had a salad that was a whole romaine heart...about 4 cups, but I was hungry and used one of those no carb dressings.
I hate throwing out produce, too.

I like fresh brussels sprouts.
They stink when you nuke them, but they taste good with a small amount of butter and I use that True Lemon grains instead of salt.
It's literally crystallized lemon.

But you can also bake/roast B. Sprouts on a foil lined cookie sheet with fresh chopped garlic and it totally eliminates that rotten, decomposed smell brussels sprouts have when you nuke them.

I do 2 servings of cooked veg.s cause I just love this.

350 F oven

Foil line a small cookie sheet and spray with olive oil.

About 7 medium sized fresh brussels sprouts.
(I count this as both veggie servings)
2 garlic cloves chopped...more or less depending how much you like garlic. I've chopped 3 with this.

Cut the stem ends off the brussels sprouts.
Peel off 2 or 3 outer leaves/layers.
Cut them in half starting at the stem end.
Place them cut side down on the cookie sheet.
Sprinkle chopped garlic around the halves.
Spray again with olive oil.

Lightly salt.

Bake 20 to 30 minutes - on rack in center of oven.
You'll only smell the garlic.
The brussels sprouts will be browned in places and the chopped garlic should be crunchy.

Awesome.....

DD80 02-02-2012 01:32 PM

Thank you for the recipe! I wil try it.

Mare :) 02-02-2012 08:13 PM

Me too! Sounds great!!

I love red cabbage n spinach.

I take a small red cabbage n a bag of fresh spin. Put a little olive oil in a pan w some fresh garlic. Sauté for a bit. Then add a cup of water. Once that's boiling I quarter cabbage. Toss it in. Like five min ( I like my cabbage almost raw). Then toss in spin. Mix it all up in oil and water. Simmer with lid on for another five. Drain it all out the sprinkle some kosher salt. FABULOUS!!!!

That will my veggy count all week. And it's actually very pretty on a plate :)

DD80 02-05-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mare :) (Post 15384738)
Me too! Sounds great!!

I love red cabbage n spinach.

I take a small red cabbage n a bag of fresh spin. Put a little olive oil in a pan w some fresh garlic. Sauté for a bit. Then add a cup of water. Once that's boiling I quarter cabbage. Toss it in. Like five min ( I like my cabbage almost raw). Then toss in spin. Mix it all up in oil and water. Simmer with lid on for another five. Drain it all out the sprinkle some kosher salt. FABULOUS!!!!

That will my veggy count all week. And it's actually very pretty on a plate :)

Thanks! I will try it!