Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   *Frolicking into Fabulous February with MWL* (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/755756-frolicking-into-fabulous-february-mwl.html)

Desert-Rose7 01-31-2012 11:01 PM

*Frolicking into Fabulous February with MWL*

Ah February! Valentine's Day and hopefully a little inkling of Spring...maybe a little crocus popping up here and there......

A great time to rededicate ourselves to good health and fitness!

MWL truly is the one that works. Be sure and share your goals for this upcoming month and your successes as well! And remember that everyone is here for the same reason. We can and do help each other every day!

You CAN do this! :heart::hugs:

Jo

DD80 02-01-2012 07:47 AM

Thanks for opening this thread! I started January 10, and at the last weigh in, I lost 7.7 lbs total. I'm slowing learning how to eat on this program - it's a process! Weigh in is Friday and I'm hoping to do well again!

Bre94 02-01-2012 12:42 PM

I'm here

Before I went crazy, I had a loss of 12.5 lbs. and was bad two weeks in December because of all the good food that these southeners brought to work every other day and all of January. Plus, I went out of town for christmas and did not fully limit myself to the Medi WOEing. I am so disappointed that I did not hold out for the last month and a half. But, even with all of that I have been maintaining a 10 lbs. lost. I am careful at most meals and I'm slowly getting back on track. Started today with healthy WOE in the acute. Going back to the clinic on Monday 2/6 and found a walking buddy to get started with more exercise. Have an actue back problem, so I am limited with I think I can do without experiencing pain. So slow walking at first and add more as I progress.

I need to move this forward and do it now.

DD80 02-01-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bre94 (Post 15380724)
Before I went crazy, I had a loss of 12.5 lbs. and was bad two weeks in December because of all the good food that these southeners brought to work every other day and all of January. Plus, I went out of town for christmas and did not fully limit myself to the Medi WOEing. I am so disappointed that I did not hold out for the last month and a half. But, even with all of that I have been maintaining a 10 lbs. lost. I am careful at most meals and I'm slowly getting back on track. Started today with healthy WOE in the acute. Going back to the clinic on Monday 2/6 and found a walking buddy to get started with more exercise. Have an actue back problem, so I am limited with I think I can do without experiencing pain. So slow walking at first and add more as I progress.

I need to move this forward and do it now.

Welcome back to the diet! I also have back problems - found out a have a few herniated discs. I have to keep walking to slow on a treadmill and usually do yoga, pilates, barre class, or ballet...even those can exacerbate it at times, but I try to watch and not overdo it (it's tough - I've been a pusher my whole life). Maybe try something like that along with some weight training?

Bre94 02-01-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD80 (Post 15380870)
Welcome back to the diet! I also have back problems - found out a have a few herniated discs. I have to keep walking to slow on a treadmill and usually do yoga, pilates, barre class, or ballet...even those can exacerbate it at times, but I try to watch and not overdo it (it's tough - I've been a pusher my whole life). Maybe try something like that along with some weight training?

Thanks DD80, I have to do something. I am going to start out slow and work in some of the things that you mentioned. It is very hard for someone who exercised 7 days a week and had a gym in my house. Back that pain will stop you in your tracks. Hopefully, after getting this weight off, I will be able to do more.

Bre

DD80 02-02-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bre94 (Post 15381436)
Thanks DD80, I have to do something. I am going to start out slow and work in some of the things that you mentioned. It is very hard for someone who exercised 7 days a week and had a gym in my house. Back that pain will stop you in your tracks. Hopefully, after getting this weight off, I will be able to do more.

Bre

I totally get it. I've always been active and it's tough not to be able to run. I always loved it and it always helped me lose weight and stay in shape (even though I'm terrible at it...:)). Just go slow and learn your limits. It is frustrating, but you'll do great!

Fit2010 02-02-2012 01:55 PM

Hi Jo and everybody,

Just checking in to save my spot on this thread. Had a service guy come to remove ancient nonworking humidifier from heating/AC return area in the utility/laundry room where the heater/AC unit is. We bought this house 6 1/2 years ago and I was told the unit had been replaced a couple years prior but that the humidifier had not worked for about 10 years at that time. I decided it might be responsible for me being sick since moving here. Well, when it was removed the service guy showed me that the vent system leaving the heating/AC area and going TO the entire house has mold on it and he suspected it had been that way for decades. YUCK! Now I know why I'm so chronically sick with sinus stuff!! Will have them out next Monday to get that replaced!! Finally...answers!
I only say this because when I feel so sick I cannot focus on low carb and exericise, I'm just in survival mode. Light at the end of the tunnel....horray!!

losing in Ftm 02-02-2012 03:27 PM

Just a quick note to share what I discovered at Sam's today! Laughing Cow Cream cheese, they had regular and Garden Vegetable. 45 calories and less than 1 carb per wedge. I added one of the regular to my chicken salsa I had in the slow cooker and it was very good. My only complaint about the Laughing Cow spread is I wish it would melt down better.

Swirveegrl 02-03-2012 05:22 AM

My LOW CARB anniversary

1 Attachment(s)
Today is a special milestone for me. This day marks my 1 year anniversary of changing my way of eating, which has resulted in my 70lbs/ 32kg weight loss. This day marks my 1 year commitment to changing myself. My husband says are you sure you should actually tell people the # of lbs you have lost, isn't that kind of embarassing? My answer is NO! It's astonishing. I'm not fighting the battle of the bulge alone, it's an epidemic. I share my story to inspire, not to seek praise. I'd like to say that if you want to change, you do have the power to :) Happy Friday friends x0x0x0x0x0:jumpjoy::eek::);):aprayer:
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

FYI: check out my albums for BEFORE pics :cool:

MiniMomma 02-03-2012 11:29 AM

That is a fantastic anniversary, Congrats to you Swirveegrl! I am so glad this forum is around, such inspiration! I am welcoming a fabulous Februrary of frolicking with less of me! :)

Bre94 02-03-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fit2010 (Post 15383975)
Hi Jo and everybody,

Just checking in to save my spot on this thread. Had a service guy come to remove ancient nonworking humidifier from heating/AC return area in the utility/laundry room where the heater/AC unit is. We bought this house 6 1/2 years ago and I was told the unit had been replaced a couple years prior but that the humidifier had not worked for about 10 years at that time. I decided it might be responsible for me being sick since moving here. Well, when it was removed the service guy showed me that the vent system leaving the heating/AC area and going TO the entire house has mold on it and he suspected it had been that way for decades. YUCK! Now I know why I'm so chronically sick with sinus stuff!! Will have them out next Monday to get that replaced!! Finally...answers!
I only say this because when I feel so sick I cannot focus on low carb and exericise, I'm just in survival mode. Light at the end of the tunnel....horray!!

Fit2010, I agree with you 100% about the mold. I don't trust my house, which I moved into one year after Hurricane Katrina when I relocated here from Ohio where we had four seasons. The house was emaculate though and most others that I was looking at to purchase weren't and if clean, my eyes would pick up the mold. My dog and I have developed bad allergies since I've been here. I believe the house would have to be demolished to see mold that is not apparent to the naked eye. I hope that you are better after you have every replaced and get the mold out. Take care of yourself Bre94

reinvented 02-03-2012 02:14 PM

I have the urge to take a break from the plan ton Sunday to have game food. Trying to think good thoughts.

losing in Ftm 02-04-2012 05:02 AM

I have the urge to take a break from the plan ton Sunday to have game food. Trying to think good thoughts.

Ok I'm not a football fan and definitely not a Super Bowl fan but Elle Krieger had 2 recipes in last week's USA Today Sunday magazine insert. One for baked wings and another for shrimp. They looked delicious and easy and pretty darn close to Medi complaint, check those out as alternatives. Don't have with me or I would post them but you can probably find them or something similar online. Good luck

MiniMomma 02-04-2012 07:26 AM

there are some really good looking recipes on the forums for football parties, look through the whole site too... GL

Swirveegrl 02-04-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniMomma (Post 15386545)
That is a fantastic anniversary, Congrats to you Swirveegrl! I am so glad this forum is around, such inspiration! I am welcoming a fabulous Februrary of frolicking with less of me! :)

jbjb93 02-05-2012 06:39 AM

Swrvegl
You look fabulous! Thanks for posting pics. Great inspiration!

jbjb93 02-05-2012 06:47 AM

Just realized my post yesterday isn't here.

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Work travel work travel. Blah!

Made it thru Hawaii vac with two lb gain. Got it off the next week. Back on track losing again!

Decided to lower my goal by 50lbs as I want to get in smaller clothes.

Any one by Chicago? Clinics combined, the staff at mine gone. They cancelled my appt this week because they don't have a doctor and so can't see patients. Any ideas what is going on??? Luckily I am good with meds (missed mid day during vac).

DD80 02-05-2012 07:21 AM

Just checking in! On Friday, I had lost another 2.6 lbs, for a total of 10.4 lbs in 2.5 weeks. I'm really excited!

I had sushi last night and today I'm up 1 lb. I'm back to pretty strict all protein today.:)

Jessica1129 02-06-2012 03:40 PM

Hi all! I just finished my first week. I lost 9lbs! And I'm soo glad to get to add in more foods. Just protein gets boring fast!

DD80 02-06-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica1129 (Post 15394300)
Hi all! I just finished my first week. I lost 9lbs! And I'm soo glad to get to add in more foods. Just protein gets boring fast!

Congratulations! That is an amazing loss! I agree that protein gets boring VERY quickly. I love meat, but I need some variety! Enjoy the new options. :)

Michelynn 02-07-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swirveegrl (Post 15385335)
Today is a special milestone for me. This day marks my 1 year anniversary of changing my way of eating, which has resulted in my 70lbs/ 32kg weight loss. This day marks my 1 year commitment to changing myself. My husband says are you sure you should actually tell people the # of lbs you have lost, isn't that kind of embarassing? My answer is NO! It's astonishing. I'm not fighting the battle of the bulge alone, it's an epidemic. I share my story to inspire, not to seek praise. I'd like to say that if you want to change, you do have the power to :) Happy Friday friends x0x0x0x0x0:jumpjoy::eek::);):aprayer:
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

FYI: check out my albums for BEFORE pics :cool:

I always love seeing your posts -- very inspirtational words and pictures! Congratulations!!:shake::clap:

Michelynn 02-07-2012 08:04 AM

Woohoo! Lost 3.8 this week (FINALLY lost some water)!! :jumpjoy:

Total of 43.8 so far and more too-big clothes out the door!! :jumpjoy:

DD80 02-07-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelynn (Post 15396029)
Woohoo! Lost 3.8 this week (FINALLY lost some water)!! :jumpjoy:

Total of 43.8 so far and more too-big clothes out the door!! :jumpjoy:

That is a fantastic loss! Congratulations! :jumpjoy:

Bre94 02-07-2012 02:02 PM

RESTARTED YESTERDAY

I went back to the clinic yesterday and they were so happy that I had only gained 2 lbs. afer being away for seven weeks. Today I asked myself 'why it takes me spending my hard earned money' to do what I know to do. I haven't been hungry today and have had no desire for junk food.

Is anyone else's clinic not giving the B12 shot because of some state regulation? They gave me to the Melts to take daily instead of the shots.

Okay, I'm out of here to go to the grocery store. Have a pleasant evening.

Bre

DD80 02-07-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bre94 (Post 15397056)
I went back to the clinic yesterday and they were so happy that I had only gained 2 lbs. afer being away for seven weeks. Today I asked myself 'why it takes me spending my hard earned money' to do what I know to do. I haven't been hungry today and have had no desire for junk food.

Is anyone else's clinic not giving the B12 shot because of some state regulation? They gave me to the Melts to take daily instead of the shots.

Okay, I'm out of here to go to the grocery store. Have a pleasant evening.

Bre

I'm still getting the shots right now, but I'm probably in a different State.

Jessica1129 02-08-2012 09:56 PM

I'm still getting the shots too.

MiniMomma 02-09-2012 04:44 PM

Wow everyone is doing great :up:

I am still getting both shots here in Florida. I had heard from somewhere that there was a backorder of some sort from some of the distributors, but nothing about state regulations.

jaimemmc 02-09-2012 05:58 PM

first appointment

Hi all! My first appointment is tomorrow and I am really excited..... Hoping the rest of February is an amazing month for me! And everyone else too! My anniversary is feb. 29th...leap day :-) so it is our first anniversary after being married for four years! Hoping to be down a few pounds and get to dress up and feel beautiful!

Jessica1129 02-10-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaimemmc (Post 15403378)
Hi all! My first appointment is tomorrow and I am really excited..... Hoping the rest of February is an amazing month for me! And everyone else too! My anniversary is feb. 29th...leap day :-) so it is our first anniversary after being married for four years! Hoping to be down a few pounds and get to dress up and feel beautiful!

February 29th is also my cousins 'first birthday' even though she'll be 4 years old :) I'm sure you will be down a few pounds by then!

Janet79 02-10-2012 08:45 AM

First Weigh In

Today is the 6th day of week 1 and my first official weigh in. I lost 4.1 lbs. :jumpjoy: I was hoping for a little more but at least I lost. I am excited about starting week 2 and adding in my fruits, veggies, and healthy fat. Good Luck to all of you!