Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marsizemore
Stats: 223/161/155
WOE: I've tried South Beach. Newbie to Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: December 2011
Hi all. I purchased 'ReliOn' Ketosis sticks last week at Walmart for about $10.00, and they work. I had to go to two stores before finding them. The pharmacy guy mentioned that they go fast when the shipments come in, so it might be a pain to find them.
marsizemore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/6/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsizemore View Post
Hi all. I purchased 'ReliOn' Ketosis sticks last week at Walmart for about $10.00, and they work. I had to go to two stores before finding them. The pharmacy guy mentioned that they go fast when the shipments come in, so it might be a pain to find them.
I've switched to ketone strips from CVS -- just the store brand. I don't remember the price, but it was similar. And I think they're easier to read.
Michelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 287.0/210.6/215.3
Start Date: February 28 2012
bump for newbies
andyg-fit-in-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I didn't care for the medi shakes at all, but I REALLY like Syntrax shakes. They have LOTS of flavors and even have a sampler pack on some online sites. Netrition sells them as well. Right now I'm sticking with the Sweets Vanilla Bean Torte, because I add so many different things to change up the flavor. The container used to say 100 calories per scoop, ZERO carbs, 24 gms protein.....but now it says 25 calories per 1/4 scoop, zero carbs, 6 gm protein. Some of the other flavors (like Fuzzy Navel I think) still uses the full scoop nutritional info

Some times I mix it with unsweetened vanilla Almond Milk, and then either add strawberries, or PB2 & sugar free chocolate syrup

Some days I mix it with diet root beer, and a little Almond milk.

Or mostly I mix it with diet Dr. Pepper

Check on line for best price nutrition. I think vitamin shop is high priced

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I agree with DD80 about the premier protein shakes...you can get them at Sam's or Costco and I was told about them at my clinic. The MWL ones are great but really really expensive. These have 30 grams of protein. And they taste pretty good. You can also check out the website here for various items as well.
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ADog&HerGirl
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: May 2012
It's been really neat reading what folks have written to get ideas for the future. My first appointment (consult) is Thursday, but I have a couple of questions after reading here. What's 'AS' mean? Is hair loss a problem (I think two people mentioned it)? And what does 'bump for newbies' mean? Thanks for the help as I begin this road to better health!
ADog&HerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
Start Date: February 1, 2012
Hi ADog&HerGirl. AS is appetite suppressant. Hair loss can be a problem. I take biotin to prevent it, and so far so good. And bump for newbies, I think brings the thread back up so newbies can see it without it being so far down. Congrats on making the decision to start this program, it really does work! You'll do great!
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ADog&HerGirl
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: May 2012
Hi Jessica! Thanks for the support and for answering my questions. Have one more. What makes hair loss a problem? Only having protein? Lack of minerals? Something else? Good to know that Biotin helps in case hair loss becomes a problem for me (my hair's thin/fine already). Again, thanks!
ADog&HerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jessica1129
Stats: 5'9 293/221.8/170
Start Date: February 1, 2012
To tell you the truth I'm not really sure exactly what causes it besides rapid weight loss. But I heard biotin can help prevent it so I started taking it as soon as I started. You're welcome!
Jessica1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maggie79
Stats: 260/250/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: April 2012
I really like the chocolate fudge shakes from EAS. Very portable since they are already mixed. Nice flavor and low carb, high protein. If you look for things geared toward diabetics, the numbers start to fall in line with the carbs, proteins and calories that Medi products do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelynn View Post
Bars -- I've never bought the Medi bars. I do buy Atkins bars, and I like them. There is a big variety with wildy different nutrional counts so read the labels closely if you check them out. Also, the prices can vary depending on the store. I don't even know how much the Medi bars are, but I usually buy the Atkins bars on sale and it's about $1 per bar. It's very difficult to find bars that are not loaded with carbs.

Shakes -- I have the chocolate Medi powder right now, and I really do like it. There are 16 servings in the jar so that's more than some I've seen, and I've tried other brands that I didn't care for. I can't think of a specific name of one that I did like right now. Again, you have to be careful about the carbs in other brands, and you may find that the price of the Medi brand is a good value after all.

Shots -- I always get both on my weekly visit. I go for the additional B12 about 25% of the time (depends on my schedule and if I can find time). I think I've gotten the second B6 twice. I really haven't been able to tell a specific difference in terms of weight loss (haven't recorded it) or how I feel if I go in mid-week. I just have so much more energy anyway from eating better and losing weight so it's hard to pinpoint if the injections are part of it too.

Hope that helps.
Maggie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tm501
Hi everyone. I just joined this board and love this thread!

I am on week 4 of this diet and its going great so far. But the price to sit down with a counselor for 10 min isnt worth it in my opinion. I went to Target with my pill bottles and replaced the supplements that way, and went to my own doctor for the phendimetrazine. A 1 month supply (3x a day) cost me $20.00. I did love the medi vanilla shake, but again you only get 16 servings for $25.00. I went to GNC and got Promasil 2.33 lbs, 42 servings for $49 and it was buy 1 get 1 1/2 off. Less calories and carbs. I also got a GNC gold card so at the beginning of the month its 20% off even if its on sale. So it will be cheaper this way. I need to go through the rest of the threads to see how other people are doing it their own way

Promisal
cal- 90
carbs- 0
sugar- 0
sodium- 70
protein- 20
cholesterol- 10

Medi Vanilla
cal-110
carbs-3
sugar-?(I don't think any since itsnot listed at all)
sodium- 97
protein-20
cholesterol- 25

As far as the shots- this is the 1st week I haven't gotten them and feel absolutely no difference.

Last edited by tm501; 06-04-2012 at 01:00 PM..
tm501 is offline   Reply With Quote