Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mare :)
Stats: 186/148/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Center
Start Date: January 1 2012
:( WEEK THREE.........NO LOSS!!!SO UPSET!!!

Hey all... so I went to my appointment. Was down 3 lbs in Fat Mass but my water was up 3 lbs...this meant that I saw NO LOSS!!! I am so discouraged, I journal. I am so careful with weighing and measuring foods. I eat all that I am suppose to. I even work out ( 30 min 4.0 on the tread mill every day and I also replace calories burnt off with protein) Honestly if I drank anymore water I will drown!!!!!!! I also avoid tons of sodium. I am at a loss. I am ovulating this week....odd that I know but I do lol....and NP said that some woman retain fluid at different times of their cycle..... I am just venting because I look so forward to Tuesdays clinic appointment......and to see nothing was very hard. Has any once else experienced this??? Any advice? Lay off the exercise? I just dont know..

thanks to all that respond....I am truly so bummed....

Have a great night:

dunno:.
Mare :) is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/4/12
Hello, Tuesday is my weigh-in day, also. I am starting week 4. I, too, only lost a pound this week but lost 2 pounds in fat mass. The NP said she was more impressed with that then the pound loss. She explained that water loss doesn't really mean much--it's the fat loss that really matters and what will make your clothes feel looser. Of course, I was bummed when I first looked at the scale but then after she explained it to me, I felt much better. So, my message to you is to hang in there and focus on the 3 pound loss in fat instead of the 0 net pound loss. Week 4, here we come!

Christine
Christine_Bay Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jdh9208
Stats: 269/231/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2012
I weigh in on Tuesdays as well, but just had week 4 way in. I as well only lost one pound on week 3...gained 2 pounds of water and lost 3 pounds of fat.

But this week...I lost 6 pounds total. Lost 3 of water and 3 of fat. So hang in there....who knows what the next week will bring.

I have stopped looking at my water weight and just counting fat. I have lost 17.1 lbs. total and 17.4 pounds of fat. My water weight either goes up 2 pounds or down 2 pounds, no matter what I do.

So celebrate losing fat.....and hang in there until next week. It just might surprise you.
jdh9208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/6/11
You lost 3 pounds of fat!!! You should be jumping for joy!!!

The water weight will come off. DON'T be discouraged. You'll probably have a big woosh next week or in the coming weeks. Concentrate on the fat loss -- that is showing you that you are doing everything right, and it IS working!!!
Michelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
I agree with the previous posters! I have found (when I did this program before) that certain times of the month cause my body to hang on to a ridiculous amount of water. SO annoying! The payoff is that you get a great "woosh" of loss when it comes off!

If it were me I would relax just a little bit. Maybe exercise every other day, etc. Make SURE you are replacing the calories you burn with additional protein or legal foods. Taking in too little food is as bad as taking in too much.

Hang in there! This is a journey made in small steps

Mommy to THREE sweeties, ages 4(g), 3(g), and 8 months(b)!

Lost 100 pounds on Medi in 2009! Gained it back during bedrest for a high-risk pregnancy Restart: January 2012!!

Week 1: -12.8 pounds
Month 1: -20.6 pounds
Month 2: -16.8 pounds
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks you guys. I know 3 lbs of fat is great but I think I just get caught up in the actual weight ya know? Was def a bit down today. Look forward all week to Tuesday and here it is only wed..... Got a whole week to go. Just gonna keep on doing what I'm doing. Pray for that WOOOOSH next week !!

Hey , any chance u guys know of ways to save on products? I actually love the vanilla shake but it's 25 bucks!!! Wondering if their are cheaper alternates out there? Or the meal bars? Also do u guys get both shots twice a week? Do u think you have to? Just trying to save on the expense a bit.

Looking forward to hearing from you girls!!

Have a great night!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/4/12
Mare, I know how you feel...you kind of anticipate and prepare all week for Tues, only to be disappointed. That's how I felt yesterday but I'm just going to focus on the total so far. Also, I really do feel so much better, without all that fat and junk in me that I was so used to eating! Now, I just need to get off my butt and start exercising--this is the hardest part for me.

Anyway, I usually get both shots on Tuesday and then go back on Fri to just get the free shot. I thought about not getting the shot you pay for (because it hurts like hell!) but I guess it does give me more energy. Do you think you really feel a difference with the shots? Just wondering...

Have a good week,
Christine
Christine_Bay Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Hi Mare, that is so wonderful that you lost 3 lbs of FAT! OMG..that is great...I'm sharing in frustration, because my last weigh in..2nd week, I only lost 2 lbs, but 1 inch off my waist. They didn't explain the fat loss and water loss to me, so I will be sure to ask when I weight in on friday. Like Christine (my friend) says, I feel better not having all those carbs and I feel quite satisfied with what I'm eating. I'm interested in how many calories you guys are taking in a day. I'm at about 600-650. I am choosing not to exercise other then walking my dogs because I have gone down that road before with personal trainers 3X a week and running and never lost weight. I have convinced myself that my body is resistance to weight loss and it is very frustrating. I do however trust this program, as I have 2 other friends who did WONDERFUL on it..So, any loss is good..being fat or water or both. Stick with it! I get both shots on my visit and go back for the one mid week. Are you guys staying up on the pills ok? My water intake is getting better..but still not where it should be..but I count the coffee I drink too Good luck this week!
lindaincalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Hey girls! Ummmm the shots? Well I don't know if I feel better getting then or not. Last time I did Medi the clinic was so far I only got shots on my weigh in day and honestly I felt I lost more lbs faster then this time. I suspect bc I am leaner this go around. Idk.

I drink ever oz of water I am suppose to and yet still am retaining. I guess it will just take a few weeks to be used to being actually hydrated.

My big issues, besides no total weight loss scale wise is the price of products! I'm going to make a separate post and see if anyone has any tricks to cut down on the "extra" expenses ya know? Like the shakes n meal bars. I already pay 80 a week then to toss in a canister of vanilla shake? Damn!!!

Lol.

Oh and i was working full time last time. Did not work out once and again... Lost more weight faster. Now I'm at the gym 5 days a week it's slower. My clinic def encourages working out/ exercising. Ugh!!!! I just want this weight off!!!! I'll do anything!!!!!

On a side note.... I feel GREAT!! great mood. Tons of energy. I'm very happy. Pills are fabulous. Couldn't do it with out!!!

Old 01-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
Hi Mare,
I feel your pain. I am also on week 3 and the scale refuses to move. Yes fat loss is great but something about that validation on the scale that your hard work is paying off is important. We just have to keep on keeping on. EAS Advantage makes a good protein shake 3 carbs 100 calories 2.5 fat and 17g of protein. Make sure you get the carb control shake. They are usually cheaper at Walmart.
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:21 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Hey thanks!!!

So guess what?!?!? I have to share.... So Tuesday when I went in there was no "loss" of weight. Said I was retaining water. I was so bummed blah blah blah.... Well I went in Friday afternoon for my shot and asked MA if I unofficially could step on the scale. I was thinking this was a bad idea because I had only been on it three days previous..... Well.... Drum roll please.... DOWN FOUR LBS!!!!!!!!! Guess that was the WHOOSH huh??!? Walked out with a smile a mile wide!!! Down 14 lbs 3.5 weeks. ( unoffically lol)

We got this!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!