Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: synner
Stats: 297/286/220
WOE: medi weightloss
First meeting is this thursday im nervous!!

Hello, I am 29, male, and 300lbs 6foot tall. I have went from 333 to 270 back to 300 i have had it with diets i need a lifestyle change and someone to help me understand my body better. I found medi weightloss clinics in my Wifes baby Dr's office. They share the same office building come to find out. It is in Fairhope Alabama at the Thomas Hospital location. Anyways, I have a free consult thursday at 12noon and don't know what to expect. Just last year within 6 months from one another i had my appendix removed then my galbladder...same sergeon told me i needed to do something and quick my body was telling me something. I have since had some kidney issues as well. So, that being said how hard is this program? What can i expect. What kind of foods, diet plans, exercise etc etc will they get me on. it is 268.00 for first visit including shots ,exam, meds, doc consult, ekg, blood work. some other things i think. and then it is 70.00 a week flat rate that includes shots. i have read a ton of posts and success stories on here, i guess i am just looking for some advice, motivation, anything to make this decision feel it is the right one for sure. thank you in advance. my end goal weight will be 220, so 80lbs how long you think it will take me on program? any advice is greatly appreciated. sorry about miss spelled words also :-/
synner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
I don't know much about medi weight loss except my brother went on it and in 6 months lost about 100 pounds.

You will get a lot of advice and support here no matter what plan you are on.. Good luck!!

cheri
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twisted Suze
Stats: 5'3"_220/183.5/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 04 Nov 2011
synner, I'm so sorry I'm just now seeing this !
I hope you'll see it before your appt. tomorrow.

I think you'll like MWL's program.
The first week is a little harder than the rest cause it's all proteins, but then you get some veggies and fruit added after that.
I have been getting the B-12, B-1, and B-6 shot (3 in 1) twice a week and have felt good with this....plenty of energy.
You'll be in good hands if you run into any kind of trouble.
I started off Nov. 4th needing to lose 70 and have lost 29 as of Thursday last week.
December kind of slowed things down a little.

You buy your proteins, veggies and fruits at the grocery store.
I assume it is the same for all MWL clinics in that you are not required to buy any of their snack bars, or other foods. They're optional but they can make things easier or quicker.
I do buy their chocolate protein drinks (ready to drink) and add a cheese stick for lunch. It just makes lunch easier for me.

Give MWL your best shot, and I think when you see the results after your first month, you'll want to continue with it.
It's very well researched and planned out.

Last edited by Twisted Suze; 01-18-2012 at 10:08 PM..
Twisted Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: relsomrr
Stats: 317/306/250 1st goal
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/17/2012
I hope your first meeting went well!

I too am in my first week. I heard about Medi from a friend, but no Medi clinics even semi close to me, so I have decided to make this change on my own. It can't hurt anything! Seems pretty do-able. I started tuesday and have lost 5.7 pounds in 4 days, so that is promising!

Good luck to you and if you need or want an accountability partner I'd love one too.
relsomrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

thank you all for the comments. I went in thursday and had a free consult. Scraped up the start up money and they squeezed me in this afternoon. I got my shots and start up package and all the rest of it that goes along. They told me since it was so late 3pm to eat normal tonight and start the actuall process in the morning which will be saturday. I would LOVE an accountability partner. I cant wait until i can message people on here instead of a post. I see you are from EAST TEXAS i grew up in east texas. what part are you from. I will admit it is alot of money 268 to start and 70.00 a week plus 15.00 for the extra shot other than the B12 which i get 2 times a week free. I have 7 diff pills/vitamins to take so it was a little overwhelming i got one of those mon-sunday pill holders and everyone can barely close so many.... I have faith i have tried all others out there and this one seems to have promise. My local branch in fairhope alabama said they have or had couldnt remember 2.094 patients and i was the most current. so that being said, they must be doing something right
Old 01-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: relsomrr
Stats: 317/306/250 1st goal
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/17/2012
It sounds very overwhelming, but once you get it going and see the wieght coming off you will get the confidence to want to make the plan work.

I live in Hemphill Tx. I live on Tolendo Bend. Where did you grow up? Hemphill is 60miles east of Lufkin, on the Tx/La. boarder. Its nice, just not much around. The closest Medi clinic is College Station, or Lake Charles La. both would be like 3hr drive one way. So, I'm trying this on my own. I got a good B complex, calcium, and multi vitamin, and so far the cravings and hunger are not killing me, just because I lost so much in 4days that I want to keep it up.

I hope you got a good start today and I'm here to be a buddy!
relsomrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: j2arch
Stats: 283/255/220
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: December, 2011
Hello Synner,

You sound a little like I did at the beginning. Scared, costs, weight etc. My starting numbers were 6'-2", 283lb (yes I am also a male). The first week is hard but can be done. You will really be pleased when you go in and see a loss from the previous week. Some weeks I lose 2lbs, others 5lbs but at least I am not gaining.
Just so you know, the pills will cost you when you run out. Expect to pay maybe $50 for a months supply. I did not get the colon cleanser this time. Also I had them change my appetite suppressant to a once a day pill, best move I have made.

Overall, I am very pleased. I have lost 25lbs and like you, want to go to 220lbs. I will continue on this until i hit my goal weight. I do mess up occasionally as i went to Chili's this weekend and had Memphis Dry Rub ribs (1/2 rack has 1000+ calories - ooops)

Anyway, if you need someone to chat with, let me know.

John
j2arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2arch View Post
Hello Synner,

You sound a little like I did at the beginning. Scared, costs, weight etc. My starting numbers were 6'-2", 283lb (yes I am also a male). The first week is hard but can be done. You will really be pleased when you go in and see a loss from the previous week. Some weeks I lose 2lbs, others 5lbs but at least I am not gaining.
Just so you know, the pills will cost you when you run out. Expect to pay maybe $50 for a months supply. I did not get the colon cleanser this time. Also I had them change my appetite suppressant to a once a day pill, best move I have made.

Overall, I am very pleased. I have lost 25lbs and like you, want to go to 220lbs. I will continue on this until i hit my goal weight. I do mess up occasionally as i went to Chili's this weekend and had Memphis Dry Rub ribs (1/2 rack has 1000+ calories - ooops)

Anyway, if you need someone to chat with, let me know.

John
Yes, a chat buddy would be awesome, but i cant send messaged yet. so will have to be a post here until then. I am on day 2...I only took in 505 cal of protein yesterday, took all 3 of my appetite supressents. I did not feel hungry until later at night i just drank some more water and it helped. Today i planned a little better and took in 680 and feel better. the doc told me 1000-1200 for my size but also told me 800 would be fantastic. I just cant eat that much protein in one day. It will be easier once i can add more into my diet. I am worried most about the cost. 70x4 a month plus another 50 for pills. a little over 300 a month is pretty high. Is there any other pills/vitamans/fat burners on the market cheaper? Havent really researched it much. Was thinking i use the stuff they sell would make the loss be better. I tossed my scale away, I figured im paying 70 a week to get weighed i will let it be a surprise. The hardest thing i have found to do is drink the 2 gallons a day they put me on.....in the winter.....its rediculous. summer here was 110 no problem....but winter not so much. we are pretty much same weight and goals so maybe we can help each other. how many cal you eat a day? and how much water do you drink? and excerise if any what kind and how long? i cant start that until 2nd week they said.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by relsomrr View Post
It sounds very overwhelming, but once you get it going and see the wieght coming off you will get the confidence to want to make the plan work.

I live in Hemphill Tx. I live on Tolendo Bend. Where did you grow up? Hemphill is 60miles east of Lufkin, on the Tx/La. boarder. Its nice, just not much around. The closest Medi clinic is College Station, or Lake Charles La. both would be like 3hr drive one way. So, I'm trying this on my own. I got a good B complex, calcium, and multi vitamin, and so far the cravings and hunger are not killing me, just because I lost so much in 4days that I want to keep it up.

I hope you got a good start today and I'm here to be a buddy!
i know exactly where that is. I was born in shreveport but lived in joaquin close to center tx. we would go to lufkin sometimes but mostly to longview. not much out there unless you head over to shreveport or longview of sorts. What pills/vitamins did you pick up? if i cant find em cheaper might cut my cost down. What exactly are you doing for the diet? I know it is expensive for this diet most cant afford it, we are gonna have a hard time paying for it. Most people like me need to go to a place to be held accountable....because at the end of the day anyone could do this diet on there own and save alot....but lack the willpower or self disicipline to keep it up thus seeking out a medi clinic of sorts. So, i dunno what i am gonna do i will try it for a month and go from there. If i can find i can do it on my own, I will to afford living in general. Tax returns are funding me at the moment.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre94
Stats: 5'7.5" 240/237.5/165
WOE: Wheat Free
Start Date: (restarting for the 3rd or 4th time) 11/15/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
I don't know much about medi weight loss except my brother went on it and in 6 months lost about 100 pounds.

You will get a lot of advice and support here no matter what plan you are on.. Good luck!!

cheri
Cheri, how did you do your signature? Thanks, Bre
Bre94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: j2arch
Stats: 283/255/220
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: December, 2011
Hey guy, send a e-mail to jon2arch@hotmail.com.
Thats my junk email and I will respond from there with a real email.
j2arch is offline   Reply With Quote