Non-scale victories! Please share!!
I love non-scale victories -- as important (sometimes more) as the numbers on the scale!!
I went shopping for some new clothes because I need some that actually fit. Of course, I had to guess at sizes and try more than one. So the final verdict....
Size 14 pants :jumpjoy:
Size Large shirts :jumpjoy:
I also take lots of measurements. Here are my losses so far (in inches): :jumpjoy:
Left arm: 1.5
Right arm: 1
Left wrist: .5
Right wrist: .25
Rib cage: 5
Left thigh: 3.75
Right thigh: 3.75
Left calf: 1.75
Right calf: 2.25
Left ankle: .75
Right ankle: .75
I have to add that I have 4 kids, and the baby weight that has been unsheddable was from my second baby. After #3 and #4, I lost the 15 or so pounds that I gained with them and then reached the post-#2 baby weight and couldn't get any lower. And then I gained some on my own. I have FINALLY broken through that wall and now see numbers that I last saw when I was pregnant with #2 and gaining weight. That baby is 13!!!! :jumpjoy:
What non-scale victories have YOU enjoyed lately?!
Haven't measured, but I am only in week 2. I have 3 kids and my youngest is 6 months. I can say that my "baby belly" is already shrinking!! WOOHOO!!! :)
Seems we have a lot on common. PCOS, I am 306, and I think I read that you are not going to a clinic?? I am not, there is not a clinic even simi close.
Maybe we can chat and help each other. I'm in my first week, so far have lost 11.4lbs.
Congrats on your loss as well!
I have been on this for two months, and have lost 30 pounds so far...and here are some of my non scale victories :)
1. I can put on/take off my size 14 jeans without unbuttoning or unzipping them.
2. Last week a friend of mine commented how baggy my jeans were, and asked me when I was going to get jeans that fit. I smiled and told her that the jeans I was wearing was a size smaller than when I started Medi, and I had bought them only two weeks ago :)
3. I was running late to a meeting last week, and I sprinted to the office from the parking lot, and it actually felt GOOD to run :)
4. I am able to cross my legs now :)
5. When I smile, you can see my dimples now :)
6. When I was overweight, salads were a joke for me to have alone as a meal. Now I can't even finish one, I get so full.
7. Yes I have cheated on this diet, no one's perfect. However, I am able to practice self restraint now. When I do cheat, I don't inhale 6 cookies...I am able to stop at one or two bites of whatever I'm enjoying, and I don't beat myself up over it. I just make an effort to eat better the rest of the day.
8. A girlfriend of mine came up to me a few weeks ago and said "I never noticed before, but you have great breasts"...shouldn't she have bought me dinner before talking to me like that? :)
9. Before Medi, I was at 1-2 cups of coffee a day, and about 1-2 diet sodas daily. Now I'm lucky if I drink 1 of either a week.
10. The best non-scale goal: I'm learning to love myself again :) Before Medi, I did everything I could to avoid looking in the mirror. I even cleaned the bathroom in the dark so I wouldn't have to see my reflection...I never wore make-up, never styled my hair, never wore cute outfits..I just didn't care about myself...After I dropped 20 pounds, I went out and started getting cute clothes. I bought make up and got a fabulous haircut...now I actually care about how I look because I like the way I look and feel, and doing this diet has showed me that anything is possible if I put my mind to it. I've already started tackling other things in my life that I thought I couldn't accomplish, and it's all to this diet. Thank you Medi!
Hi Robin, nope, I go to a clinic :) Must have been somebody else! This is my 2nd time around though. I lost 100 pounds on this diet before and then gained it all back while getting pregnant with my 3rd child and then on bedrest with my pregnancy. But I'm confident I can do it all again!
Victory this week! I put on a skirt on Sunday for church that I had bought after having my son last June. When I bought it it didn't "really" fit.. couldn't zip the side all the way but I was sure my belly would go back down. Well, it never did.. until now! Zipped that sucker all the way up with room to spare! Woohoo! :)
Oh I've seen lots of non-scale victories, especially since I don't like to weigh myself, numbers on a scale just freak me out. I know it's all mental but I can't help it. :o :) My sunglasses are getting looser and looser and slide off my face now when they used to fit just right. Last year's sunglasses did the same thing which is why I bought some new ones this year now these are falling off. :laugh: My cheek bones are more defined than they used to be. My watch is so loose it spins around my wrist now, it has the medal band that can't be adjusted and it used to fit me just right. I went from a women's size 5x :o shirts to a medium now. :jumpjoy: I love salads now, and sweets, jjunk and white bread I don't like anyore. Most sweets taste too sweet. I don't drink sodas anymore, I went from 2 huge cups of coffee per day to one small/normal size cup of coffee a day. :up: I drink lots of water. Every single thing I've ever worn I've had to replace for smaller sizes. :up:
I'm having a bad week, but I think mine would be that I made cupcakes for my husband's work yesterday (and had to make them into cake balls - it was not my day for baking), and I had to taste to make sure everything tasted good (then spit it out), but realized that I am not really craving sweets anymore. Yes, I do, kind of, but I realized that I'm more craving things like apples and cheese or dark chocolate and strawberries. That's HUGE for me.
I walked out of my PJs last week. I'm so glad that it wasn't a pair a slacks and I was in public. :D:rofl:
My pants seem looser since last Thursday. Not like fall down loose or anything, just like, "oh, I can breathe now" looser...
yes i have experienced the "able to now breathe" in my own pants now... its a wonderful thing!! My mother commented yesterday that my shirts look baggier. My husband just left for a month on a work trip and I am really looking forward to what comes out of his mouth when he gets back !!:clap:
bravo to all !!
I lost the first 40 pounds so quickly that I actually fell forward running UP the stairs at work one day. I was so startled and had to stop and figure out how I did that....Seems like I used to have to HURL myself up a short flight of stairs to get momentum going to make it easier. So there I was hurling my body up the stairs minus 40 pounds but using the same amount of "force" that I was using before! Really made me laugh, and feel GOOD. Made my husband laugh too when I told him about it.
Last week, A co worker told me I needed to buy smaller scrubs. I told her these WERE my smaller scrubs! :) (actually my second size down in smaller scrubs but I didn't tell her that!)
Best of all....my many kids posting pics of this grandma with her grandbabies on their facebook pages and me not cringing like I used to, wondering who all was going to see how bad I looked. Its just nice to feel NORMAL. Not skinny...normal. Now the challenge of keeping it all off!
And LOL at the scrubs! :laugh: I put on one of my older pair of xlarge pants and they were like tents on me, way too big, the crotch part was almost to my knees! :laugh: It's good though, I like those signs. :up: I need at least mediums now. :)
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:45 PM.|